GTA-3/VC vs. True Crimes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know if this thread has been mentioned yet, but whats better, gta or true crimes?

My vote is gta, care to share your opinions.

Best answers
GTA > true crimes

I like vice city more than 3, because of the greater amount of features(shooting out tires)

Best answers
Deffinetely gta3/vc , true crime was a bit boring and not so free like gta, i mean not such a freedom feeling like gta.

Best answers
Are you joking? There is no contest, GTA3/VC owns it completly. True Crime's online was worse than the fan made Multi Theft Auto, plus, TC has Snoop Dog in it, and no one cares for his talk of fizzles and nizzles.

Best answers
Tassadar said:
Are you joking? There is no contest, GTA3/VC owns it completly. True Crime's online was worse than the fan made Multi Theft Auto, plus, TC has Snoop Dog in it, and no one cares for his talk of fizzles and nizzles.

Hahhhaa..you know, i think he asked us to share are oppions on which game was better, and snoop dog was no where near being a big part of the game, he was just basically a bonous misson. This is coming from the same guy who says he dosent like the Ghetto Theme in the new GTA game thats coming up which is, no diffrent from the theme that was in GTA 3 & Vice city which had the Mafia theme as well.

Tell me, was the Snoop Dog Comment even worth saying ?!? You went right for the black guy didnt u. :rolleyes:

On-Topic: Anyway GTA is better than true crimes, but true crime was a pretty good game as well. I think its pretty dumb for anyone to say that GTA owned True Crimes in every aspect of the game, because i could list a few things true crimes had GTA beat in :] like the fighting system, how big the map was and ect.

Best answers
Anime Legend said:
On-Topic: Anyway GTA is better than true crimes, but true crime was a pretty good game as well. I think its pretty dumb for anyone to say that GTA owned True Crimes in every aspect of the game, because i could list a few things true crimes had GTA beat in :] like the fighting system, how big the map was and ect.
True crimes fighting system was deeper than both Budokai games 1 & 2 ,which is just sad since budokai 1 and 2 are from the fighting game gern.

I thought true crimes was better than GTA, the storyline was really messed up in true crimes, as well as some of the glicthes the game had which wasnt worse than driver3, so it was playable and well i just found it too be a more fun game and thats just my oppion and no gta dosent suck whatsoever.

Best answers
GTA all the way dude never played true crimes since i think it look rubbish

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tassadar said:
bleh wtf? most of the people i know played or bought the game's main reason was to play with the king of the west. wtf is your problem. what he's black so no one is suppose to play with him? Huh? Is that what it is tassadamaador!?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok thinking something looks bad isn't grounds to share your opinion of it. At least try to play it first.

I'm going to have to go with grand theft auto and its series because of a couple of big factors (IMO). First off, I get better framerates with the GTA games. This can be a big deal if I feel like, say, *driving* down the street at a speed higher than a jerk. GTA games were also longer, the missions more diverse. True Crime had better characters, I think, a very crappy (imo) fighting system but one that was functional, and an overall *better* storyline. Playing through True Crime didn't really feel like a game, it felt like I was watching a movie, and I thought it was a pretty good one. What True Crime lacked was multiplayer worth a damn (although GTA didn't have it either), a variety in vehicles, things *to do* across L.A. (Even with all the damn driving missions put together you still don't have to travel across most of the city. It's ridiculously huge, complete with landmarks, but it's barren), and replay value.

Best answers
Dude, u forgot Driv3r!! Its even better then the GTA3/VC i think. U can drive 18 wheelers and unhitch the trailer if u wanted to, AND, u can swim, unlike any of the GTA games.

Best answers
True Crime was cool, but it didn't last anywhere near as long as Vice City. I think that's partly down to a pretty dull map. Fair enough, it's an accurate recreation of 200 square miles of LA, but it just isn't really that fun to drive around. There are no cool alley ways and big jumps to take shortcuts through the city like there is in GTA which was a big dissapoinment.
The fighting system was pretty cool, I loved the move where you snapped an enemies arm, but what happened to the disarming move that were shown in earlier videos?
The gun battles were probably the coolest thing in True Crime, diving around in bullet time akimbo AK's blazing while everything around you was getting shot to pieces was amazing. It's a shame that there were very few of these gun fights and gun fighting on the street wasn't as good in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, TC is a great game, it's just not as good as GTA. I just hope a sequel changed my mind.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lethal_Vegetto said:
Dude, u forgot Driv3r!! Its even better then the GTA3/VC i think. U can drive 18 wheelers and unhitch the trailer if u wanted to, AND, u can swim, unlike any of the GTA games.
Ok, the whole driver series sucked. First, they've may have been the first 3D theft type game, but they have never had the freedom that GTA always offered. Driver 2 was nothing like the GTA series, well hardly, as you mostly had separate missions and stuff (I own the game, but haven't played it in decades) well in GTA you could do whatever. Plus GTA 3, and VC have hasd better graphics then the driver series, plus driver 3 just took what GTA did and tried to build a fanbase. GTA wins hands own.

True Crimes was alright, I found the graphics to be fresh, but still wasn't free and didn't seem as crime filled as GTA did.

Best answers
GTA VC is good, and I like it, but when you finish all the missions, there is nothing left to do. nothing.
But i still like it for the fact that you can drive around with a cool motorcycle, running over persons, and hearing songs in the backround. But the shooting system is a dissapointment.

Best answers
Ice Man said:
bleh wtf? most of the people i know played or bought the game's main reason was to play with the king of the west. wtf is your problem. what he's black so no one is suppose to play with him? Huh? Is that what it is tassadamaador!?
You guys found my true identidy, indeed, I am a harsh conservative with KKK ties. Jesus christ it was a statement, get off my back people.
And NO, I don't like the gang theme being placed in San Andreas, don't like my opinion? Too ****ing bad, that's why they're opinions.

And FYI, I did play both games, and True Crime, even though it has it's unique and cool parts still dosn't compare to GTA.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
gta3 v|c was better then true crimes,
btw, tassadar kicks ppl who r better then him in esf =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom