Gravity Training Room

Best answers
I was thinking how it might be good to have a "gravity training" type map.

In the training room you could gain a certain amount of pl every so oftern (or just gain more pl when fighting inside the training room) The gravity could be turned on via a switch.

Health could also decrease while inside the training room while the gravity is turned on (respawn at a location outside the training room) so people couldn't just go afk to gain power.
It'd be a helpful map to gain pl a little quicker too.

Another addition could be a rejuvenation tank to gain back your health and Ki(destroyable maybe)

-

Best answers
i dont think that is possible... mabye they could make one where you are slowed down alittle, but thats it. Im not too sure about this idea...

Best answers
Whats the use of this map :S

Fighting for PL is what ESF is all about, so creating a "shortcut" to PL would basically ruin the whole point of the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This used to be suggest ALL THE TIME even back in DMZ.

This would be an utter waste of time.

Best answers
I think this would be a wicked idea....not sure if its possible...but sweet.

Id rather see a whole map though thats a gravity training map, and the gravity either randomly switches or the Admin can switch it at his will (though that may already be possible, not sure)

Best answers
WOW nice stuff hope it is possible to do
and create a big room that will fit for certain amount of players :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, so you join the server, then spend 30 minutes doing nothing but punching and jumping for the entire time, then SOMEHOW change the map WHILE keeping your PL? Very stupid idea and a BIG waste of time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it can be like this:
when in the ship, your pl can grow but you have to spent a lot of time in there and melee must be free.
i mean like a normal fighting game, that you can kick and punsh whitout foo at front of you.
in the ship you get the pl verry slow but when you get out, the pl will rise at 20% becours you have traint under gravity.
and the rejuvenation tank can be instaled but it will take a while to get you're hp back.
not distuctible so you can't shoot it away when a n00b just wants to have some.
but when that thing is in a level, the sensobean's can't get in to.
what do you think guy's, corect some thing's if must.

Best answers
why a level? you can get it to be a mod like ctdb, so you dont have to create special maps only for that.
you go much slower, (half speed, half more pl) and gain faster pl. so that you can go fighting a short fight with a single person, but still have the time to transform, even with vegeta or buu. even krillin.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what if it could go haywire and everyone is reduced to crawling and no attacking which would stop people from staying in too long (the room would have to be part of the map)
and the pods could only be used by the bottom half pl players and non destructable.

now that would be fair :)

Best answers
XXX said:
Whats the use of this map :S

Fighting for PL is what ESF is all about, so creating a "shortcut" to PL would basically ruin the whole point of the game.
*cough* DRAGONBALLS */cough*

I like this idea, but im not sure how useful it would be. You could make a time chamber level like this as well.

Best answers
i dont like the thing about power increasing 20% when u walk out.. ide just keep walking in and out, over and over, and have 1 bil PL in like 10 mins.. and i think u guys should just wait for a new ctdb mode, cuz i dont even think they can set it so a certain area triggers PL to raise.. they'd prolly have to make an entirely new mode... ide rather see Tournament mode make it in.. and as for the gravity thing, its not possible cuz i can very easily change gravity in my server at will

Best answers
Heh ive thought about this idea a little harder now...and it's not easy to make it work well..
The rest of the map should still be in use (so don't make it just some lame map with extra pl gain.)
But needs to be limited by how many players go inside (too crowded wouldn't be good..)
*If* the room could limit >2 people at a time max<, then it would be like a privilege to be in there gaining extra pl, and like a tornament with the person from the other team also trying to gain the extra pl, but having a bit of a company to fight while doing so.
But i really don't think it would be possible...Unless theres a similiar alternitive im missing :/
If it could be done then i would minus the health loss thing.

Also about the rejuvenation tank...instead of destroyable it would be better:
- Does not allow people with full health to enter
- Forces you out once you gain full health
(then people wouldn't hide in the tank, and others would get a turn.)

Arucard89: Well i thought it could be done like this. In games such as NS, players can gain health standing next to models (hives, dc, armory)
So it would be possible to make a model inside the ship that gives out PL statistics i would have thought. (thats if esf ever did this map)

Best answers
I think this is a great idea!
It's unique for a map concept, too.

Best answers
Been suggested... if you want a gravity room then go download the SDBZ_capsule map :p

Best answers
Super_vegito34 said:
*cough* DRAGONBALLS */cough*
Its not as if you can just collect dragonballs without doing anything special :S
You have to fight, I repeat FIGHT for it and resteal them back etc etc.
As I said before ESF is all about fighting for PL and seeing that you have to fight for the dragonballs its basically still fighting for PL.

This on the other hand is just a shortcut wich will ruin the whole purpose of the damn game + IMO its stupid :S

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Klaz said:
Been suggested... if you want a gravity room then go download the SDBZ_capsule map :p
where can you get it?

Best answers
I wish a mapper would take Shuyin's idea and make this map. For all of you that don't like this map or think it's a "waste of time", please just don't bother to get the map. Shuyin has taken a lot of thought to go into detail about a promising idea, and it bothers me to see so many people trying to take it down all because they think it's not a map worth making. If you don't like the idea, don't contribute or don't consider the map when it's done - but don't go against it. There is NOTHING wrong with another map, as it does not permanently deter game play or anything else if you just leave it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom