Graphics errors!!!

Best answers
I hope someone can help me cause if not im gonna be pissed

what happens is if i load the game without 3D or open GL support it runs badly and with bad graphics, but i have a Gforce4 card and want to play with Direct 3D support, but when i try to the graphics really stuff up and i cant see anything....
Can someone please help???? Superman????

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try opengl mode , nvidia cards are really good with opengl , & go get the latest drivers (i think the current version is 71.84)

Best answers
thanks.
ive tried open GL and it still keeps happening.... and if i dont use anything and just keep it at standard it runs really slow... but when i had the game last i ran it perfectly on the same computer..... WTF????

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try reinstalling steam and or hl & esf

Best answers
i must have re-installed HL & ESF 10 times now and nothing happens..... still the same result... i have tried steam once but it didn't seem to have any effect but if you suggest it ill try it. cheers

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you may have not done it properly or something or you have a corrupted opengl dll file , try updating windows , go thru and use a virus scan because in the hl readme txt file it says the hl exe (thw on with won i think this only affects) that virus can modify the hl exe and possibly dlls

try a clean install or windows if worst comes to worst that you can't get it working

Best answers
thanks iv'e done all of that, formatted my computer, repaired windows, re-downloaded esf.... and the damn thing just doesn't want to work... and what's worse it runs to slowly to run without Direct 3D or OpengL fore some damn reason.......
Doeas anyone know the actuall requirments for the game? that might help a bit...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
did you make sure you updated your video card drivers?
because if you still have the default windows gpu drivers instead if WILL run slow as hell ^^
for a geforce4, use this drivers here: (win xp) http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html .. either us english version or international version .. depends on what your system language is.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
didn't default driver support for xp only come in when sp2 came out , it was like that for nearly ever card back then (they even had default drivers for a 9600xt for god sake , those microbastards)

Best answers
thanks everyone for the help... iv'e finally got it to work... but for how long im still not sure...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should work fine now , next time you do a system reformat , you should make an image of it using norton ghost so you don't have to wait for xp to setup , or do what i do , i am using a 160gig sata drive , i partitioned it into two (20gig for my windows drive and basic apps , the rest for my other stuff game , dvd backups , cd images , installers etc) if you want to do that then go get partition magic or use windows disk management (i don't really recomend you use that thou)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom