Graphics Cards which one is the best

SSJ3_Gokuu

S
Im going to buy soon a new graphics card. I saw two that im interested in, Radeon 9800 Pro and GeForce FX 5800 Ultra. I read a lot of articals comparing the two and I can't decide which one is the best. Can you tell me which one is the best?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get the ati 9800, it is better then the fx but they both cost a lot of money. I say go for the 9700, a VERY good card and because the 9800 and the fx are coming out the 9700 will drop in price.

Best answers
Hmmmmm......im thinking of buying a new one as well.

If you have the cash get the "G-force 4 ti" or the "Radion 9500 pro"

What i want is the radion 9000, its cheap ($150 australian) its not as good as the ones listed but it runs all the latest games most xtremley well.

Retired
Best answers
really depends on what you wanna do with it exactly. wanna spend a lot of money on better stuff?

because here you have the ATI Radeon 9700 PRO, and the Geforce FX. if you have to choose one of those get the 9700 PRO, first of all because the GeForce is 3% more powerfull, BUT it costs hella more than the 9700 PRO.

you can also choose the 9500 PRO, its a stripped version from the 9700 PRO, thus also a little cheaper. it's a good card.

then also the 9800 PRO which is coming out soon. it's a tad better than the FX, but ofcourse also expensive.

also think about this you have the Geforce with Detonator drivers, which gives an enormous boost to the card, which is ofcourse good, it increases the "livespawn" of the card. ATI has not.

i'll leave the choice to you

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard the 9500 has problems with older games so it's better to go with the 9700

The GeForce 4 ti is ok but the Radeons are alot better

Best answers
Originally posted by Deverz

The GeForce 4 ti is ok but the Radeons are alot better
Radeons arent better :/ Nvidia has better drivers

Best answers
Originally posted by Rebirah
Radeons arent better :/ Nvidia has better drivers
radeons are phyically better though. I have a geforce 4 ti 4600 anyway. :)

Best answers
I heard that the radeon 9800 is going to be droped from production. I cant remember where i read that, it was on some tech site news thing.

Best answers
Funny... I heard the same about the FX... huh, thats kind of weird.
I don't know I was going to wait for the FX, but I have seen mixed results on both the FX and the 9800. I think I'll just go with the 9700 pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom