Graphics card question

Best answers
Okay then I think I'll get a motherboard with 8x agp. It sounds like their is no less bandwith than PCIe has Im not really interested in that voltage stuff, I'm getting a 550w power supply, It sounds like it can handle it, just as long as i have a card with good bandwith and it sounds like 8x AGP has great bandwith. Besides, it sounds not as expensive as a PCIe incorperated Motherboard and a PCIe graphics card is. But are their any socket 478 motherboards with 8x AGP incorperated on it? o_O

Oh and what is a "Molex Connector?" It sounds kinda fancy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
There are some advantages of pci-e.

Like the TurboCache(nVidia) and HyperMemory(ATI), which werent possible with AGP.
All of which are pretty useless.

Oh and what is a "Molex Connector?" It sounds kinda fancy.
It's the same pwer connector that is used for hard drives and cd-roms, but instead you plug it into the video card so it can get the power it needs.

Best answers
Really, so thats what a molex connector is. Hey, thanks for all of your guys' help. So if you guys are right about all of this, (which it sounds like you all know what your talking about) then i will get a New Motherboard with 8x AGP and an 8x agp card. Anyway thanks for all your help again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, do what Cucumba said and get a motherboard with PCI-E, as it's just getting better and better. And while the next R520 will be supported on the AGP8X line, who knows about down the line? Also, if you're upgrading mobos, you're probably going to need new ram and a new CPU.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-152-049&depa=0 - $97.00
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-502&depa=0 - $190.00
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-156-020&depa=0
- $84.99

Total: $371.99 + Video Card money, and you'll have an awesome system.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Smith| said:
All of which are pretty useless.

It's the same pwer connector that is used for hard drives and cd-roms, but instead you plug it into the video card so it can get the power it needs.
Well you pretty wrong there, it makes it faster then normal system ram usage.

Also RAM makes the price go up, so you can make a video card cheaper.(Not that they are gonna do it -_-')

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Devion said:
Well you pretty wrong there, it makes it faster then normal system ram usage.

Also RAM makes the price go up, so you can make a video card cheaper.(Not that they are gonna do it -_-')
Well considering the cards that use the "technology" are already pretty damn slow, it is useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom