Google has had it, they are going to have all Apple products banned in the U.S

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.androidpit.com/google-vs-apple-android

I knew this day would come. I can’t say that I hoped for it, but in all honesty, it was inevitable. Apple has been very busy lately in doing all it can to ban as many Android devices as it can, and HTC, Samsung, and Motorola have all got a small taste of the Apple juice lately. But something has changed: Google now owns Motorola, and aren’t wasting any time in defending their new acquisition, as they are now seeking a sales ban on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac computers in the US. This time, it’s personal, and contains a twist that could make this particular lawsuit a very dangerous one for Apple.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Misleading title. They're trying to block the sale of apple products, but it's not a done deal.

Regardless, the entire patent system is absurd when it comes to software patents. I like this John Carmack quote, "The idea that I can be presented with a problem, set out to logically solve it with the tools at hand, and wind up with a program that could not be legally used because someone else followed the same logical steps some years ago and filed for a patent on it is horrifying."

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is this I don't even

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, no xbox, no apple.

whats next america

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing to do here... Mkil, I reckon you don't like Apple? :)
Apple was OK before they became patent suing scavengers, for stuff they didnt even invent, but claim they did anyhow.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thinking about it now, I have never owned anything from Apple, neither have I ever needed to own anything from Apple.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But why? I love Apple and all of their products! :/
Apple is suing Samsung for 2.7 billion dollars claiming that Samsung stole the ideas behind Apple products and used that to profit. It's absolutely disgusting imo, the iPhone was the next logical evolution of phones, and it doesn't take a genius to see that. You have movies like 2001: A Space Odyssey, and almost every single episode of Star Trek: Next Generation showing apple like products, and they're trying to claim a monopoly on it through the court room, as if they were the only ones who could possibly come up with such an idea.

http://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/rapny-1.jpeg?w=655&h=357

If Apple wins this case, I don't think it would be good for the consumer and certainly not for competition. Imagine if FPS games were treated the same way, "Oh, you can't make Battlefield 3 because you'd be stealing form Call of Duty." Things like this are just iterations of what came before, and I hope the jury can see that.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Apple wins this case, I don't think it would be good for the consumer and certainly not for competition. Imagine if FPS games were treated the same way, "Oh, you can't make Battlefield 3 because you'd be stealing form Call of Duty." Things like this are just iterations of what came before, and I hope the jury can see that.
Watch out for Doom being the only FPS

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I want Google to win.

Yeah, no chance in hell, but man!

IF THEY DID!

Can you imagine?!

Everyone would go more open Source, product prices would go down, the economy would be booming, people would be purchasing PC's that are half the cost of their Mac's and are faster.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cancer would be cured, peace would be established in the middle east, I'd become admin, everything would be wonderful if only Google won this lawsuit.

I hope the case gets thrown out and the patent system gets a good update.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you don't want peace in the middle east and cancer to be cured?

YOu're an *******.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it would be a good precedent for the consumer if Google wins what they're asking for in this lawsuit. You'd basically be removing a competitor from the market, and Apple shouldn't have their products blocked in the U.S. because of a patent system that was never intended to be abused the way it has been.

You may not like Apple products so it doesn't effect you, but imagine if it was another thing that you like and use on a daily basis.

Legerdemain Cheese Spread
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
What? NO APPLES? Oh my lord, this is terrible! What are we gonna eat now?!

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm saying it shouldn't happen at all. Two wrongs don't make a right.
They don't, but it'd be nice to see Apple get what they have coming to them for abusing a system like they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom