Good RPG for a LAN?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friends are just starting to get into this LAN stuff and they seem to have an idea in their heads that it would be cool to play an RPG. The only things I can think of are stuff like Dungeon Siege and Neverwinter Nights. I don't remember NVN, but I played a demo of Dungeon Siege 2 and don't remember being too terribly enthralled.

Anyhow...anyone got any suggestions for us?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
warcraft is always good...? WoW i guess....

shooting games ftw..........

edit... err diablo?

Kioka

K
ZeroNightmare said:
warcraft is always good...? WoW i guess....

shooting games ftw..........

edit... err diablo?
World of Warcraft doesn't have LAN support.

The only RPGs that I can think of that can be played in a LAN (legally) are those server-side modifications for various games like Half-Life. The rest of them require the players to connect to an online server. There are some Korean MMORPGs that can be modified from online to LAN, but I shall not speak of them as it is against the forum rules.

The closest you will probably get to an RPG, that will be a hit at a LAN party, is a RTS (which is suppose to the most popular PC genre anyway).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RPGs?

Diablo 2.

Thats the only one I can think of, besides NWN and DS2.

But, RTS's are hell fun (Warcraft 3 with Defence maps / DoTA).

Best answers
Jup, diablo 2+Lord of destruction ,dungeon siege 1 or 2.
Haven't played NWN tho.

Best answers
Yea DS2 doesn't get good until later on in the game, when u played the demo it was alright, but the full game is great, once u get to the forest have to figure out the puzzles speak to the dead great RPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom