Good jobs?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I finally got hired somewhere a few months ago, at Best Buy. I have to say, it's a sweet job. All I have to do is walk around, help people find what their looking for, and stock media. The people are nice, and hours are flexible. I've been really busy lately, which is the only downfall, but I get paid pretty well, not only that, the discount I can get with some of the merchandise is AMAZING, sometimes a $4000 purchase can be nearly halved. COmparing to the jobs that I used to have, this isn't even really work at all to me. The point of this thread is to see if there's anyone else that has or has had a job that they actually liked. If so, post it, and why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been wanting to work at a Best Buy, it'd be fun, hearing all the tvs and electronics, getting discounts, working with all of them, :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I'd like to work at an EB and be an elitist bastard, telling people what I think they should play.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's one thing you should know... Don't work at McDonalds lol. It's not hard. It's just really really busy, and very hot. And costumers get pissed if you don't give them their food right when they order it most of the time.

I want to work at best buy, circut city, EB (which there is only one in my state cuz its so tiny, and its in the capitol which means NO for me) or Gamespot. or PCW

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I worked at Subway and it was pretty decent. The best part I imagine would be all the free cookies I ate.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've worked at a handful of jobs, covering a wide area.

I worked at a renovation company, taking out the old furniture in hotels in replacing it with new ones. My cousin offered me the job and said it would pay 8 dollars an hour, so I gave it a shot and actually enjoyed it.

My second job was at this enviromental drilling place, called P.S.I. I was basically a driller's assistant. We'd go around and check for water density around houses, on construction lots prior to buildings being built, and prior to traffic poles being built. It was Florida, so a I saw a lot of sink holes.

My third job was with a furniture delivery service, working from 5 am to sometimes 10 at night, delivering furniture. I got payed 10 an hour, but my driver was lazy so we got layed off.

My fourth job was with a trailer moving service, we'd basically set trailers up to move and would move them to a lot. But, the owner was a cheapskate and never paid me sometimes.

My last job was at Philly Connection, mainly becoming an assistant manager at one point. But, that manager was also a cheapskate and I wouldn't get paid for 4 weeks sometimes. I made that ******* a grand a day, sometimes.

Bolteh2

B
digital and conventional designer (telework) would be my fav/dream job.. but im still at college so im not working.. i do work in a steelfactory in the vacations 40 hour week (about 9€ per hour (11$)) its a good job but the hours aint flexible and its quite tiring after 4 weeks

Best answers
I`d like to go work in games workshop(in finland). Miniatyres are my main and best hobby and the job wouldnt be too hard :p And i can paint there too(well im just 14, but i can try to get there for one week)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i deliver the mail, it's pretty sweet.
i can sometimes be home at 10:00, but that's when it's summer ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would love to head some sort of magazine, one day. I like being in publication. I have a ton of dream jobs, though. I'd love to write for EGM; I'd love to be a television writer; I'd love to do tons of stuff. But mainly I'd like to work for SOME SORT of mass publication or media as a creative staff. I did stuff like that in school, and found that not only was I good at it but it was incredibly fun and enriching, as well as rewarding.

Then again I suppose I'd settle for getting to routinely drill Brittney Skye on camera for cash, too. lol

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My sister's friend said he could get me a job as a security guard/bouncer at some clubs. I'm pretty excited about that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i currently do while doing my A-levels is to work at the news agents, sucky hours, 5-8 in the morning, then studies until 3pm, then work will 5, but it pays and i needed a little earner for now. kinda fun threatening people to buy stuff or i'll beat them with a stick, then theres shoplifters, nothing beats chasing a 14 year old down when he runs off with some batterys and taking him down good. certanly a job for people who are very chatty and wub chasing people like moi \o/

What i'd LIKE to do for a job is be the new monarchy, the whole country do my work for me while i live my life to teh max0rs.. combined with forced annual muffin trials, would be one hell of a job \o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well one of my uncles friends owned an internet cafe annnnnnnd it was near where i lived, i was 14 it was illegal but hey who cares

id go there after school do my homework and just chill there playing counterstrike.. anyone that came in id just take their money and assign them a computer.. yeah i was getting paid decent for a 14 year old and it was the chilllllllest job i loved it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Here's one thing you should know... Don't work at McDonalds lol. It's not hard. It's just really really busy, and very hot. And costumers get pissed if you don't give them their food right when they order it most of the time.

I want to work at best buy, circut city, EB (which there is only one in my state cuz its so tiny, and its in the capitol which means NO for me) or Gamespot. or PCW

For that matter, don't work at any food place, pretty much garuanteed to be ****ty. Doughnut places aren't discluded either. :\

Best answers
Well I plan to become this Here when I join the airforce and make a career out of it.

As for jobs that I liked so far? hmm I worked at a comic and card store that was huge for a comic/card store.

Every other job pretty much sucked.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I work as an assistant at a wood shop down the street.Bow before my awsome jobiness.Pay-5$ hour cause Im a young teen in there basiclly risking my life for those shirts I want at Hot Topic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MY best and current job ever is working at a local garage :D. Met the owner one day and we started hanging out and he eventually gave me a job. I basically stand around all day and do some "Work" which usually consists of changing the oil on an every day civic. The pay is 13$ an hour and the hours are very flexible and for the most part i do nothing it's greatl

Best answers
i currently work at shell the gasstation.
i work in the carwash part.
i gotta clean the walls, floors, sensors and the machinery that washes the cars on wednesday evenings(2 hours but it seems like half an hour if you're busy with it)
and then on saturdays i gotta prewash cars and help people who dont understand how to operate the machine.

i really think this is a great job cuz im having fun at it and it pays very well. + i get lots of tips from people when i want to prewash their cars.

so... i hope no one is going to say that really hard work is no fun because i really am enjoying my job. and it sure is hard work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom