Good bye all

Best answers
i always used my friends account to play esf. but now i got my own account and it's with halflife 2. The problem is that i can't get a hl in town, and since you won't switht to hl2 then i geuss im out. i had a great time here, i geuss i need to find another mod.

Cya all sometime... maybe

Best answers
Whoever makes a thread that he's leaving always somes back. Untill then, find something more interesting than ESF, and i assure you they are a zillion (and im not talking about games)

Best answers
nope im leaving for good i don't wanna spend the "not many money" at a new half life

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the only available half life u can probably buy now is the half life platnium edition which has all those games like opposin forces, blue shift, etc, for around 30 bucks. i'd actually like to see esf become stand alone, but thats just me

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This sounds strangely like a "I'm leaving because you won't port to hl2!" thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed, but more importantly... look ot teh post count >;0

Best answers
Not to stray off topic but just because he has a low post count doesnt mean anything, I post all the time and look at mine. It's because Offtopic posts dont count.

Sorry to see you leave Code, even thouh I never new you.

Best answers
Another reason i think post count should be removed for good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it shouldnt, post counts show how many times youve posted in a helpful area of the forum. the off topic section should be dissolved, therefor ridding the community of pretty much anyone who doesnt have anything to contribute.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Off topic, I have like 500 off topic posts ;p

On topic, hope you find a new obsession on/with Half Life 2. :)

Best answers
Contribution isnt the number of posts someone makes, plus if one has a small post count he is frowned uppon for no apparent reason.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Not really frowned upon..just seen as not a very active person :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And there are some people (cough grOOvy) who think that 1,000,000 posts (cough grOOvy) makes their e-penis (cough grOOvy) bigger (cough grOOvy). D: D:

Best answers
like meself lol...
Anyway, im not the boss here, its fine as it is :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt say contribution is the number of posts, i said that the post count shows when people have posted in important areas of the forum. which generally means they ARE contributing since the only areas of the forum that your posts go up in are the help forum, the newb center (where you help newbs) the development section etc.

each of these areas has something to contribute to the forum for the good. the off topic forum for the most part, could pretty much be considdered spam central.

Best answers
mm. Dosn't this look like fun. Heh. Anyway, I'll just quickly step in with my 2 cents, since I almost never post anymore . . .

You don't need to post in a "helpful" area of the forum to be contributing to the forum. If there wasn't an off topic area, you wouldn't have *the* busiest, most popular, and largest section of the forum, and you would drop a decent chunk of the community.

Post count only means how many times you have posted in the areas of the forum that count for the post count. Its only a number, it means nothing more than that.

As for your leaving, well, Goodbye. I'm not a fan of these threads. If your going to leave, leave in peace. Anyone that actually cares probably talks to you on other mediums and knows your leaving anyway.

Best answers
Texas said:
Contribution isnt the number of posts someone makes, plus if one has a small post count he is frowned uppon for no apparent reason.
pfft, I don’t converse with anyone who has less than 100 posts. Though, I am an elitist snob, which works for me ^_^;. People with low post counts usually (Thats, Bold, Italic and Underlined THANKYOU VERY MUCH!) represent someone new to the community who haven’t actually contributed anything. People who pull their weight on the forums are known by all who frequent them.

KyoKusanagi

K
Back on Topic:

i've never understood the reasons behind leaving a forum because of reasons other than you don't like the people. I don't even play ESF and yet i stay here because the people crack me up and theres usually news of something that'll interest me that i haven't yet heard of. Now I'm sure you don't have to be an ESF player to contribute to these forums, unless i've made some kind of horrible mistake and in which case i should leave too :p jk

Best answers
Its been a while since i played esf too, i like (kinda ;/ ) this place because its busy and ppl are SO polite :fight:

Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
unless i've made some kind of horrible mistake and in which case i should leave too :p jk
You have, get lost. I hate you, infact I hate everyone. ^_^. Alot of people dont play ESF yet hang around for the community. All this HL2 nonsense is ridiculous, ZOMG GRAPHICS!!!!11oneonetwo, gameplay means nothing to some people.... "You wont move to HL2, so I'm leaving", I dont care... Dont let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom