Goku... in a new way WIP

Best answers
Greetings everyone.

I'm back with yet another model that I hope you will be happy with, Before i post the images I just want to say a huge thank you to Davidskiwan for allowing me to use his Goku char sheet that he draw, thank you very much =).

Now, at first I asked David if i could use the image and turn Goku into some sort of cartoon form, like with a big upper body over sized legs and big feet (I think you get the picture =) )

But as i was modeling Goku, ideas started to pop into my head, and i turned Goku from that once brave Super Saiyan warrior you all know and love, into... a wizzard o_O.

Crits are always welcome.

Poly count stands strong at :1442, my budget is 2k polys, if i add more detail then i will up it to around 2.5k polys.

Thanks for your time, I hope you enjoy the model as much as I do =).

Glode

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great imo, especially with the amount of polygons you've used. My only beef is that it doesn't have that goku feel . . . It most definitely looks cool and the design is original and stylized (which, I love ^^). I think what might be throwing it off in that regard is the wizard hat, since its covering his hair, and the hair is probably Goku's most notable feature.
I'd suggest maybe opening up the top of it and shortening that hat into a bandanna maybe to allow the hair to spill out. Unless, you weren't trying to get the likeness very much, of course ^^;

Best answers
That's awsome, but as Gohan said it doesn't have the Goku feel, though I'm sure when it's done it will.

Best answers
I think the Goku feel comes from the overpowering presence of hair, muscles and character of never giving up so if you throw in some dashes of that throught you got a Goku symbol, you can also stretch these theories for less muscle more character and so on.

Looks great so far

Best answers
Maybe if you got rid of the cape to show his Goku pecks, that might help.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hair definetly defines Goku. Rid him of that hat and you got Goku!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I kant wait to see the skin man! Lookin great! Mabie you should give him the power pole as a staff...

Best answers
Greentings everyone.

Sorry for the lack of updates but I've had some issues in life to sort.

Thanks for the comments and crits, what I will do right now is finish the current version with the hat, then with the remaining polys I will attempt to create Goku's hair, now I will admit, I am not a fan of creating anime hair as they normally spike up everwhere, however, I will give it ago and post an update, and most likely ask for a draw over, I'm glad you all like it so far, once its finished I will release it as an SDK for everyone to skin and if someone would like to assign it for ESF they can do.

Cheers and thanks for your time.

Glode

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simply Orgasmic ? I want it !!

Best answers
Doesnt look like goku at all. It looks like a chibi wizard with same type of stance as goku has. But anyway i like the hat and i would play with it, more than without it. That makes him have kind of "Cute" feeling to him. (I'm a guy, can i say Cute?). Somebody skin this FAST! And release it to esf! I wanna play with it!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unlike the others telling you to make him look more like Goku, I say lose the whole Goku idea and go for something original, and stay with the wizard idea. Kinda looks cool o_O. Just don't like the pointy boots.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imo = slang. Short form of "in my opinion"
also related to: imho. Short form of "in my honest opinion" or, "in my humble opinion".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom