Gohan s skin

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zeldalink said:
where can we download povray ?

Please refrain from asking the modelers when they will be finished or where they will post their material. When the authors are ready to release they will post any information related to the release at that time.

And you guys don't have to jump down his throat just because his Gohan doesn't look like the last 573 Gohan's pushed through the modeling section, let him use his own style on the skin. I'm not going to tell him he doesn't know what he's doing just because his Gohan looks more angry and mature.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He meant povray the model renderer, not this gohan model. >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really hate to be rude, but that is an ugly face skin. His face looks majorly diformed; looks nothing like Gohan what so ever. Other than that, it's a pretty decent tone.

Best answers
face is too long if you ask me. Scale the head, and fix the hair, it doesn't look right, either scale the head smaller or make it wider

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Povray - www.povray.com

its just this darn render that is making it look bad
I l render it in povray when its done that it l look good

And no i dont wanna touch the model cause its not mine and i dont eaven know who made it so i just dont have the right to edit it !!!

edit

Here is an update

Best answers
i love the skin but on the model i dont like it AT all well keep up the good work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks to 2d...
and the face reminds me abit of goku more then gohan... :rolleyes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"it looks too 2d" isnt a crit, tell him what the actual problem is, cuz your "crit" makes no sense,

anyways, it had some potential at first as being one of the best skins shown around here in awhile, but the arms dont even come close to the quality of the face, and really ruin the rest of it

the shading and muscle placement is horrid, looks like some of ultra's style on the arms, (in other words, very very bad) and that chest isnt any better, mostly the way you shaped and colored the muscles, they look more like streaks of mud than muscles,

if it were my skin id redo the chest and arms completely, dont get me wrong you DO have potential, if you can recreate the same style on the rest of it as you did on the face then it will be great, but as is, its just...blehhhh

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No i dont take it wrong , in reverce its a big thx for letting me know my mistakes
But its my 6 th skin so i know its isnt so good , but i l try to improove it the best i can , its just i begun skining 2 months ago . So you see the result.

Thx for telling me my mistakes:smile:

edit

and update skinned the hands

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dark Sun + DaN = Bad combination.

I'm sorry but it looks horrible, definition is way way way too defined. What kind of kid (or human for that matter) Has muscles that stand out that much? Ease it up a bit, don't burn every side of it, just burn the edge that's shaded and blend in the rest.

Just look at anatomy, what person do you know has black lines on their body? (Excluding burn victims of course)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah your right , but i m only getting to know this , i have only been skining for 2 months and know only lil of it , and yes i know its bad
i have just been looking at people on the forum on how they do skins and began learning that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry if i'm harsh but it'll help you learn. Some advice i'm going to give you, don't use the skins you see from people on ESF for reference. The people here are no better than you at skinning. Check places like polycount, or even official skins for mods in HLMV to see what you can try.

One of the worst things you can do is use a forum like this one for reference. Best tip I can give though, learn proper anatomy first, instead of just copying placement from someone else. That way you won't have to second guess yourself, and you'll know how well you are doing.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah i l do that i l delete the arms and chest skin and leave only the face
thx for the advice:smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the face is the only thing that looks outa place.it just doesnt fit his body.nice arms and chest.needs more detail, and like everyone else says it looks like darksuns style just less burn tool. darksun sometimes over does it with the burn tool. but other wise nice skin.

Best answers
neoboy448 said:
the face is the only thing that looks outa place.it just doesnt fit his body.nice arms and chest.needs more detail, and like everyone else says it looks like darksuns style just less burn tool. darksun sometimes over does it with the burn tool. but other wise nice skin.
erm lol no ! dan uses too much burn but not darksun >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh, so dan helps darksun. ok thanks for sorting that out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
neoboy448 said:
oh, so dan helps darksun. ok thanks for sorting that out.
Where do you get that idea?

Best answers
Would you kill me if I told u my real opinion on that skin ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom