Gizmodo gave people the "new iPad" to see their reactions.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://cdn.static.viddler.com/flash/as3/mini-publisher.swf?ref=www.overclock.net&key=e33ae452

Apple's advertising onslaught is already battering down doors and TVs around the nation—you're gonna upgrade to a new iPad whether you like it or not. But based on our little test, most people can't tell the difference anyway.

We figured that if we—enormous nerds who fixate on pixel density—were underwhelmed by the screen, then what about non-gadget geeks? We rounded some coworkers and handed them a "new iPad." The "new iPad" was an iPad 2. They loved the new iPad.

Apple doesn't even need to try anymore.
This is hilarious...so many people in the video talk about how much better it is compared to the iPad 2, feel better, and looks better. One guy says it feels heavier.

Ugh.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol isn't heavier a bad thing for new tech

edit: "it's got good weight distribution"

Last edited:
Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Am I the only one that doesn't see the particular uses of the Ipad? You can't really carry it around unless you have a bag all the time with you, it does the same things as an Iphone/Ipod does but in a bigger format and it costs about the same.

I think Apple should start developing something more like the Mass Effect omni-tool. Have like a panoramic touch screen that goes on your forearm maybe even with 2 sides on that goes on your underarm and the other over the top of your arm. I definitely think we have the tech to make something like that I mean look at the thickness of the Ipad? I wouldn't mind having something as thick as that reside around my forearm. It could even replace all our phones+mp3s that we carry around. The top screen could have contact info when you call/text somebody and on the bottom screen which lies on your underarm a keyboard could appear or the other way around. When you call, a lil earphone looking thing could slide out towards the center of your palm and then you direct your hand+earphone to your ear which is what we do with our phones nowadays anyway. The mike could also be placed around where your wrist is.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you've misunderstood Apple. Apple doesn't invent new concepts. They steal them from other people. So when a competitor does what you describe, they'll get to work on trying to steal and patent it, so no one else can do it and improve upon it.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Perhaps. Regardless I would still like to see that thing built sometime in the near future and I wish all these companies would stop sucking our money for 3+ devices instead of 1 which can perform all the functions of the others and actually improve our lives and maybe even our pocket space so I can stop looking like a **** with bricks in his pockets and worry about forgetting something all the time ;(

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yea and I have one but lets not get into that cos they are built to do so many things and somehow manage to do jack **** right plus they cannot possibly satisfy any user by keeping their size to a handheld while also fitting a big enough battery and this coming from an Android user. Plus, people buying Ipads and Ipods is proof that we are not satisfied with just a simple Smartphone for some reason... Maybe because it is still a device that is somewhat detached from our body and we have to remember to take it with us or not lose it, that kind of thing or maybe the battery life.

Imagine the new Ipod nano with the wrist strap in a bigger version? I got really xcited when it came out and I saw the watch feature. I thought finally, a wrist watch which is also an awesome mp3 player and can also play games. Now that is something to carry around and not have to force into your life instead of just it being there because it should. Problem was that it was too small. If they made it wider like going up your wrist it would've been better imo. I like multifunctional things but only if they are integrated properly in our lives and should not feel forced upon us. I think mobile phones were forced into our lives instead of say, having a watch that is a phone ?

I think its time to get a device that gets more involved with our lives instead of staying detached. Im probably talking crazy since we probably wont see anything like that until electronic implants will be revolutionized.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I skimmed what you wrote, what I came up with was that you want a strap-on that fits on your wrist, but that you can also make calls with. Is that about right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You shouldn't be biased! I'm sure you could make good use of it too, with an open mind and good lubricant!

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Avenger can vouch for that.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dropped in to say that IPad 3 looks exactly like an IPad 2.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
But it's notably heavier! :) And it's great, played Angry Birds Space on one today for an hour or so! Was looking really slick :)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But it's notably heavier! :) And it's great, played Angry Birds Space on one today for an hour or so! Was looking really slick :)
As far as I'm aware the only difference is the resolution and some software changes, nothing that would affect weight

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's literally filled with batteries.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As someone with an iPad 2, I see no use to upgrade to the 3. If I had the original though, it would be a pretty significant upgrade.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Here is what is so different about the Ipad 3 http://www.extremetech.com/computin...boost-resolution-what-the-heck-does-that-mean
Apparently it uses a piece of technology called SHA(Super High Aperture) that makes it possible to have ultra high resolution.

Also:
The iPad 3 reportedly uses at least twice as many LEDs as the iPad 2 and its screen is believed to draw more power as a result. This likely explains why the device is heavier than its predecessor; the iPad 3 probably has a larger battery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom