Getting the following PC built, any good?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Since my laptop graphics are nonexistent now, I am getting a desktop instead(Something which I should have done first thing anyways, oh well)
I am pretty much decided on this setup and won't change anything, but its always nice to have some opinions so:

CPU: Intel i5 3570K(For overclocking, and overclocking is for Wii/Gamecube/PS2 emulation purposes.)
System Cooling: Noctua nh-d14
Graphics: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 4GD5/OC
Case: SilverStone Raven 2
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (USB 3.0, SATA 6Gb/s)
PSU: 750 Watt Corsair TX750M PSU
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4GB) Memory
Operation System: Genuine MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition
Harddrive: 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD
Optical Drive: 12X Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional
Internet: D-Link Wireless DWA-556 Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

If I do change anything, it will only be the keyboard or mouse, so if you have any suggestions in that area feel free to, well, suggest :V

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think you're gonna need any overclocking in order to emulate those platforms.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Not for most games AFAIK, no. But Last Story and Xenoblade require some overclocking(How much exactly I don't know just yet, also new to overclocking so), especially if you want to run with LLE audio instead of HLE. Also for Shadow of the Colossus, Zone of the Enders and a few other games.
But yeah, most games should run just fine. I want to play Xenoblade and Last Story though so...:V

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looking at the parts i can tell you have deep pockets ^^. If you have money why not right, anyways the build is rock solid and will perform great for all todays and upcoming games for years.
For the Wii, Gamecube and PS2 emulators you dont really need much of an overclock i have one Q6600 currently oced at 3.0ghz + GTX 460 1gb i've ran dbz games on it and zelda games on wii emulator and couple of more titles, they have all run at 59-60fps.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ah, yes. The PSU is way too powerful, the system won't consume more than 400 W. So you'll be all set with a 450 W PSU. That is, of course, unless you're planning to go batshit insane and buy a second GFX card.
Also, why bother buying a BD drive? Every PC software player available is horrible.

/edit: Oh yeah, and don't buy Creative. They need to die. If you really must have a dedicated sound card, buy a Xonar.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Are you sure? A 680 with a 450 PSU? My retailer recommends 550 for all MSI 680s..I would go for 600 with that spec.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes, I am. These recommendations are only valid for high quality PSUs, of course. So no Xilence and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom