Get rid of spyware completly

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use to get random pop ups every 10 mins or so. I tried programs like ad-aware and spybot to get rid of them, but they didn't work. Anyways, I just found a program called spysweeper which gets rid of spyware completly from your computer. http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247265.html. This program is amazing, I ran ad-aware, then spybot before i ran this program and spysweeper still found around 2000 things on my computer. Anyways, im just posting this to help some people out who have the same problem as me and hope im not brakeing the rules by posting this link.

*note* Incase you guys are lazy and don't read the readme, you have to turn off all programs when scanning for the spyware otherwise it won't get everything.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome... just awesome...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why buy when you can try! I love trying things. Like software. Yes. I do.

Best answers
Heh. Im using this thing right now, and it found 4000+ things that neither of the other programs found. This is great! :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um.. I tried out this program, and it recognized -itself- as Spyware. Odd, don't you think?
"Kontiki," the corporation which provided the Installation for the product. Interesting, and very ironic..

Edit: In addition, I selected "No, do not add anything to my Startup menu," and my program which continually scans for changes to Startup/Homepage changes, called WinPatrol, caught it trying to do it repeatedly.

Very 'honest.'

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn it found a lot of stuff that Spybot didn't..

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weee! It also removed my MPEG-3 codec, which Windows -comes with-. Couldn't play any sounds or mp3s. Had to reinstall it.

Best answers
that's sad. It didn't do that for me. Found a lot of things that Ad-aware didn't, but took a REALLY long time. Great Program!!! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Weee! It also removed my MPEG-3 codec, which Windows -comes with-. Couldn't play any sounds or mp3s. Had to reinstall it.
Have no idea what's wrong with your scan, it's possible it recognized a codec pack you installed as spyware.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_< I had the same problem as Alea and am now trying to reinstall this bloody codec.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To get your codec back, what did I do.. I think I tried opening some AVI files and soundfiles in different programs. Windows Media player, when I opened a movie file, downloaded it.

It wouldn't download it for an mp3. Not sure why..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom