Get rid of delay's completly!!!

Should Delay be completly removed?

  • YES!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A little here and there (please state where, in thread and why)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
New Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
135
Best answers
0
I absolutly hate the delay in ESF. It screws up the whole game. It's far from the real dbz. In dbz there is no delay, you may think there is but really the guy is just slow and can't react. In ESF without delay it's makes the game more strategic because you have to move your fingers faster and know your keyboard very well. So example in melee (ESF NOW) someone hits me and i blocked it but i can't hit them back when they're wide open because of the beta 1.1 extra delay they put in. But my way, it should be like the guy hits me, i block and can hit him back right away and if he is quick with his keyboard, he can block right away or teleport as most people would do.

Another thing is after charging up some KI ("e") there is a delay to start charging my beam, why?? how stupid. That is not what dragonball is about, it's more quick than that.

So anyway just get rid of all the delays and i think it will bring a more challenging, quick, sweaty game.
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
507
Best answers
0
I think we must be happy the delays are there
in beta 1.0 there wasn't a delay, and it kinda sucked ass, all block-counter whores out there, u don't wanna see that again.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
1,001
Best answers
0
1) REDUCE MINIMUM RANGE

2) No hit melee default to 1 second, not 2

3) Increase no attack from block to 1 second
 

V'

New Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
273
Best answers
0
I don't know if you were here in beta 1.0, but the delay is needed.Why? If it wasn't there people would abuse the insta-block and counter.Also, not everything is perfect. The reason in my mind why theres a delay (from beams) is because of animations and such.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
135
Best answers
0
Yeah but my way the other guy good block as well. It's a matter of who is slower to hit the block or teleport button that will get hit.
 
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
3,637
Best answers
0
SSJ4boneVegeta said:
Yeah but my way the other guy good block as well. It's a matter of who is slower to hit the block or teleport button that will get hit.
That's not purely the case. If you are facing up to a guy using a 56K, and you're on DSL or higher, you would still have a bit of an advantage. Distance from the server also creates lag, which also can throw an unfair advantage into an exchange like that.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2003
Messages
101
Best answers
0
the delays are just fine, im happy the block/counter-attack thing isn't what it used to be :D
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2002
Messages
909
Best answers
0
who gives a damn, the 1.2 melee will be far better
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
135
Best answers
0
Majin_You said:
That's not purely the case. If you are facing up to a guy using a 56K, and you're on DSL or higher, you would still have a bit of an advantage. Distance from the server also creates lag, which also can throw an unfair advantage into an exchange like that.
You bring up a good point. The reason why i started this thread is because my friend always host and of course has a zero ping. So when he melee's me i have to block because a head on won't work (never!). So when i do block, because of the delay i can't hit him and he is standing there right in my face teasing me and it's bothering,lol. So i think that i would have a better chance without delays and me being capable of blocking followed by a quick right away or a teleport.

Note: this applies to most servers and i have a constant ping of 100 ms

Besides wouldn't it be more fun if you had to press the keys with timing and precision?

Sephiroth_Renzo said:
who gives a damn, the 1.2 melee will be far better
That's true but they still have to come up with a way to make it happen and i certainly don't won't to get some delay preventing me from grabbing after his just hit me.
 
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
3,637
Best answers
0
SSJ4boneVegeta said:
So when he melee's me i have to block because a head on won't work (never!). So when i do block, because of the delay i can't hit him and he is standing there right in my face teasing me and it's bothering,lol.

Bear in mind that a head on will work as long as your Ki bar is more full than his is. Head-ons are no longer determined by ping, but, instead, by who has more ki at the time.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
114
Best answers
0
Majin_You said:
Bear in mind that a head on will work as long as your Ki bar is more full than his is. Head-ons are no longer determined by ping, but, instead, by who has more ki at the time.
I know, but it doesnt feel right now does it? if it was PL that determined the winner it would be much more like in the show.

As for the delay, it should be shorter (not a great deal though), cause when i melee a blocker i get heaps and heaps of time to get away from him and attack him again, gameplay was a bit more intense when there was no delay.

Sephiroth_Renzo said:
who gives a damn, the 1.2 melee will be far better
You're right :cool:
 

V'

New Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2002
Messages
273
Best answers
0
Eekhoorn said:
I know, but it doesnt feel right now does it? if it was PL that determined the winner it would be much more like in the show...
This wouldn't work. If it did everyone would be buu scince he starts out with the most PL.Also, what about trunks and gohan transforming so early? There are many reasons why PL should not be a factor for Head ons. I don't feel like writing an essay on the matter, but if you want I will for further logical purposes.
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 18, 2003
Messages
1,001
Best answers
0
I think melee should be based on nothing but your reflexes, but such a system can't really exist, it'd just be 1.0 based on ping again.. we'll see what 1.2 has in store.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2003
Messages
135
Best answers
0
Majin_You said:
Bear in mind that a head on will work as long as your Ki bar is more full than his is. Head-ons are no longer determined by ping, but, instead, by who has more ki at the time.
oH SEE , i didn;t know that. Now i'll play keeping that in mind and still see if i feel the same way.
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2003
Messages
114
Best answers
0
V' said:
This wouldn't work. If it did everyone would be buu scince he starts out with the most PL.Also, what about trunks and gohan transforming so early? There are many reasons why PL should not be a factor for Head ons. I don't feel like writing an essay on the matter, but if you want I will for further logical purposes.
Knock yourself out :p

Fighting against high pl characters does increase your pl more rapidely, and also if pl was the determining factor, fighting a high pl player would force you to change your tactics, which make the game more interesting.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
238
Best answers
0
Are you sure that pl/ki determines who wins in a head on melee swoop? Ive played against bots weaker than myself, and i usually always lose. Can someone shed some light on this?
 
New Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
507
Best answers
0
KI =/= (is not) pl

KI is ur blue bar,
PL is the large number inside that bar

KI determens who will win a head on, who ever got is bar most full (% wise) will win!

guy at 800.000 pl
ki bar: {----------|--}
guy at 21611.000.000.000.000 mil pl
ki bar: {-----|-------}

If they colide in a head-on (with those ki bars) the 800.000 guy will win, because he has most KI.
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2002
Messages
252
Best answers
0
off topic - we really need to make a separate bar or somthing for ki,

On topic- YES KI not PL is the determining factor of head ons, its not the best way to determine it but its the most logical one for now till they figure other factors to put into the melee system
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
9,707
Best answers
0
its amazing how people complain about stuff that wont even be in 1.2
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
96
Best answers
0
I wouldn't mind if they had an option to set dely on diffrent servers would make esf more flexible. If you don't like the dely then you just keep it the same but if you want a challenge you can change it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top