German

Best answers
So I took a German class this year and I'm really enjoying it, I've always loved the way German sounds and was always interested in taking it. Unfortunatly I had to wait until my senior year because of my moving situation. I do plan on taking German II-IV when I'm in the community college here.
Just one question, my teacher wants to buy a German keyboard (I wouldn't mind it either if I get good enough), Cuc says it will work on an American machine granted you have German Support enabled, I think I know how to do it on XP but she has 98, so any suggestions would be great.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I'm taking a first year German course this school year too.
A German keyboard, though? I don't think there's that many different characters, just the umlauts (ä, ö, ü) and eszet (ß), which is being removed from the language because of a reform or something. You can type them with the ASCII key combinations like I just did.
http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au/la/lote/german/materials/umlauts.htm

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its similar just put in the win 98 CD and install the suport if it isnt already in then just select it

Best answers
DragonDude said:
Heh, I'm taking a first year German course this school year too.
A German keyboard, though? I don't think there's that many different characters, just the umlauts (ä, ö, ü) and eszet (ß), which is being removed from the language because of a reform or something. You can type them with the ASCII key combinations like I just did.
http://www.mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au/la/lote/german/materials/umlauts.htm
It's not just the unique German charecters, some letters are rearranged on the keyboard as well. My teacher says that she could get faster with a German keyboard than and english one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom