Generic Balls...?

Best answers
Question.. :

How well will you be able to powerstruggle with a generic ball?

I mean, when compared with other attacks..
It would be kinda lame if a generic ball hit a generic beam (or other type of beam) a powerstruggle would commence.. (if both players have about the same PL.)
Think that would get used alot then.. to the point it gets annoying.. :S
My point being, i think generic balls should not be able to be used to PS, only when the charge is bigger, or the PL diff is very high..

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if a fully charged gen ball and a fully charged gen beam are of similar strength, it shouldn't make the gen ball that annoying... the powerstruggle would be won pretty easily for the beam user. Besides that, damage done to a PS participant is reduced, so you wouldn't be too vulnerable.

Best answers
Well.. all the time you are struggling the Generic Ball, you are open to attack..
Even if damage is reduced, a player that is the slightest bit skilled will finish you off without breaking a sweat if you have to struggle the ball to the other side of the map..

Best answers
Well, you could always just /not/ struggle a generic ball. The PL difference would have to be nearly a crime for a generic ball to beat out any beam. It's not as exploitable as you may think.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Sentient said:
Well.. all the time you are struggling the Generic Ball, you are open to attack..
Even if damage is reduced, a player that is the slightest bit skilled will finish you off without breaking a sweat if you have to struggle the ball to the other side of the map..
You are forgetting you are invulnerable while in any sort of struggle..

Genric ball is good for blasting someone quick and moving in/away from the attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
1.2 feature? Because I can definately kill anyone struggling in 1.1.

Best answers
Yeah yeah, i get what you guys are saying, but following scenario:

I shoot a Generic beam at my enemy..
Enemy starts charging a (i assume) very fast charging generic ball, and waits till the last second before throwing it into my generic beam..
I am stuck PS the generic ball (even though i am easily winning) and the guy gets a couple o free hits at my expense..
Cuz of it charging so fast it would be ideal for use in this way..

But i didn't know that in beta 1.2 you'll invulnerable when struggling so this topic can be closed..
Thnx for the info.. :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
(anyway b4 closing one last note: )
Errmmm... dudes, simple solution!
I made a suggestion a month ago more or less
it died and I guessed that the team checked it out cause I didnt saw any more comments in that thread!
(now I know 100% that it was forgoten!)
in 1-2 lines (actually 5 lol) here is the idea:
while PSing a DeAttached Energy ball\beam after a few seconds
after you won the PS(meaning in the PS bar you are in the other half of it!
the half that means you are winning at the moment)
anyway after a few secs of being in that way, you can DeAttach of that PS
Like whats the freaken point of psing that ps if you already won
and there is no1 to PS against you?
there is no logic in that!

and thats my friend my small simple solution for that lame problem!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wouldnt it be a better idea if you could just detatch your own beam if you are struggling with a non-beam (pretty much what miki said)

Best answers
actually the ball useer would win. u can throw multiple balls into the ps but only one beam. thats why sb and sbc are the best attacks for a ps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
kaje01 said:
actually the ball useer would win. u can throw multiple balls into the ps but only one beam. thats why sb and sbc are the best attacks for a ps.
damn u must play 1.2 more than me cause everytime i get into a ps with ball attacks i win

Best answers
Oh wait. He doesn't.. :eek:

In his defense, though, there is the advanced struggling thing that lets you knock more than one attack in. But, I don't think that's a default setting for some reason. So.. For the most part, ball attacks get assed out like Prince Jeans in power struggles.

Best answers
Magus said:

Genric ball is good for blasting someone quick and moving in/away from the attack.

Magus forgot to mention this is in 1.2 only.

Halorin said:
get assed out like Prince Jeans
WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom