Generic Ball

Orz

Best answers
Why not give each character a Generic Ball along with the Generic Beam? I've seen people asking for balls such as that used by Buu in the Babidi Saga against Gohan. The other Z Fighters used balls every now and then - Piccolo had a large ball attack (that is actually one of his named, but didn't make it into ESF) and Gohan threw a giant one at Frieza when he lost his temper. A Generic Ball would handle them all nicely.

It could simply be a right click for the Generic Beam attack, like the Earth Spirit Bomb is a right click on the regular Spirit Bomb attack. Weak and flimsy, like the generic, but powerful enough if your PL is high. It should probably be instantly destroyed by most beams as well, to prevent it being used to avoid power struggles.

I do have another suggestion, but it's kind of complicated and some would say unnecessary. Cell right now uses three voices. Semi-Perfect Cell for the Gallit Cannon, regular Cell for the Kamehameha and Perfect Cell for the Special Beam Cannon.

This seems a little wrong, and a possible solution when Perfect Cell is added would be to separate the attacks amongst transformations. Regular Cell is only able to use Kamehameha. When Cell transforms to Semi-Perfect Cell, he loses the Kamehameha and gains the Gallit Cannon. Then, when he reaches Perfect Form, he gains Special Beam Cannon and also gets Kamehameha again (he used it enough times as Perfect to get a decent sound clip.)

The problem is that I doubt people would like to transform and lose Kamehameha for the less-powerful Gallit Cannon. Still, it could be seen as 'compensation' for the increased power/speed the transformation provides, and it pays off when you finally become Perfect.

Best answers
Less powerfull? The garlic gun(wich is its real name BTW, not Gallit...One of my pet peives:))
It does not have the boom that the kamaya wave has, but its not anyless powerfull.
As a matter of fact i kill more people with the garlic gun than the kamaya wave, mostly becuse of the fact that, A. A fully charge Garlic gun only uses a fourth of you ki, the wave uses more than half. and B. The garlic gun can charge three times befor the wave can.

But you SBC is better than both, Both in the game and in the show.

but your right, i think they should fix the voices.

Orz

Best answers
I've never been sure exactly what it is called - in the manual, it's 'Gallit Gun', in the game they shout 'Gallit Cannon', and I even remember the horrible DBZ announcer calling it "Vegeta's Galactic Gunfire Cannon!" Maybe I should just call it the G-G from now on.
:)

Anyway, I do prefer the 'G-G' to the Kamehameha myself, but when I said powerful I meant in pure damage/power-struggling strength. The G-G is faster and does a lot of damage and is therefore more useful more often, but a lot of people are going to want a beam that has massive explosions and wins power struggles like the Kamehameha. The G-G has a small explosion and deflects easily, which I suppose would make it seem 'inferior'.

Still, if you can accept the fact that the G-G is a valuable weapon, it might even seem like an upgrade. As the SBC is so useful, it makes a perfect prize for Perfect Form. A shame Perfect Cell never used the G-G so the entire set could be complete.

Best answers
Originally posted by T.G._Cid
I really do like the idea of a generic ball.
Me too

that way they can attach the SBC once and for all

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Generic ball would be a nice addition to the arsenal. And if everyone had it, it wouldn't be a balancing issue :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think so to, cuz a lot of people in dbz use it, its a simple attack as well.

Best answers
Goku and Kidbuu used it like crazy when they first started fighting. That would be pretty cool. Its not garlic gun or galik cannon it is called galite gun. When he uses against goku on earth he says Galite gun fire.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Chitenga
Me too

that way they can attach the SBC once and for all
Why attach it? Now that theres multiple PSing... you can shoot 2 in at once... Hard to overpower...

What exactly would be the difference... aside from moving away after shooting it.... It would just be like a slower charging Ki blast... would it not? only with different colours.... Extra coding....
And yea...
I dont really like it :S Sorry

Orz

Best answers
Extra coding? They already have the code for balls in the game. There would only be a few lines for another ball attack with different values to Big Bang Attack/Finishing Buster. Less damage, less power-struggling strength, faster charge time. I don't see how that qualifies as extra coding.

Best answers
This has been suggested before and it is being put to mastasurf, so me not being a moderater or working for the esf team i dont really know if it will happen but it would be nice.

Best answers
I think they need to make a wide selection of attacks available. Adding this ki ball idea would be good in my opinion. If there's any other players out there like me, one of the main attractions to a DBZ style game is the speed. To get a good range of attacks that are balanced, they need to have fast+weak, medium+moderate and slow+powerful attacks. In addition to that, they have to keep the characters balanced.

Giving everyone generic attacks in the low-moderate damage range keeps everyone well balanced i think, and because there is a greater range of attacks available the team can make the characteristics of attacks a little more extreme (ie: super fast but considerably weak, quite slow to crage but hella strong) The trademark attacks of the characters are generally their big hitting ones. Of course, if the team can fit in some extra, unique low-moderate damage attacks for each character that would be cool! And would give a good chance to add some real eye-candy to the game.

So far with v1.1 i'm very impressed... it was only a minor update, but has improved the game so much. The only bugs I find are stil there from 1.0: 1. maps disappear when you get ot the extremities of the maps, 2. targeting does not always work when you select melee and press primary fire (targeting button perhaps? don't know what causes this but doing a teleport allows you to lock on) 3. blocking still seems clumsy, but i think this is a lag issue. 1.0 seemed OK when i played it on LAN.

Best answers
I also think generic balls should be in the game. I think the point of beams and balls is to rely on the situation. As of now, only certain people have beams or balls (with exception of SBC), so I think everyone should at least have this option of attack for whichever circumstance.

Best answers
yes, but "big balls" .... bigger than beams, more o less like the spirit bomb, (if it could be bigger, better!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom