Gears of War for windows

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks about the same to me graphics wise.
I'm certain that the control will be ideal for the PC though.

itr

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
CliffyB is a developer at Epic. :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
technically you can get a higher visual quality on the pc, because you can have it render at the exact resolution of your monitor. whereas even if you had a 1080p tv for your xbox, it's only putting out something like 1024*768... or there abouts (the game was originally released as being 1080i). so on my pc i can run it at full hd nasty =]

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With gears and lost planet on PC is there any reason to buy an xbox?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
god you're such a closed minded fool.

it's almost as if those are the only 2 games ever, in the existance of everything. as far as the xbox is concerned.

here's one for you "OMG I'VE GOT ALL MY OLD NINTENDO GAMES FOR MY PC AND A WII EMULATOR IS IN THE WORKS.... I DON'T NEED A WII!!!"

grow up, and grow out of that small head of yours.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I did enjoy GoW when I tried it at a buddy's place, and I was concerned that I'd have to save up for a 360 in order to get it. With med school on the horizon, that was a bit unsettling =X

Good to know it'll be coming to the PC. I might just have a chance to get it, now, and not have to try to master dual-analog controls for it (I've never been good with that style of control).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The PC version also seems to be getting special treatment:

Tuesday night in Santa Monica, E3 2007 officially kicked off with Microsoft's press conference, and one of the biggest announcements of the night confirmed a rumor that had been floating around for the past few days: Epic's Gears of War, one of the most highly-acclaimed titles of 2006, will be coming to the PC this year.

Showing off the game was Epic lead designer Cliff Bleszinski, who revealed that the new PC version would include five new chapters, a map editor and new multiplayer modes, including co-op. Additionally, the game will ship for both XP and Vista, the latter of which will support Windows Live and new Achievements.

Demonstrating the co-op play, Cliffy B took the crowd through a fight against a boss creature who appeared in the original Gears of War but you never fought: the Brumak. The game looked fantastically sharp and was running extremely smooth as Bleszinski scrambled around the large battle area, continually diving for cover and occasionally popping out to shoot the guns off the huge boss's arms.

Later in the press conference, it was revealed that Games For Windows LIVE support will now be built directly into Unreal Engine 3, which should open the doors to more PC games supporting Microsoft's online initiative. Check back throughout the week, as we'll have more on Gears of War PC and Microsoft's PC lineup as E3 continues.
Source: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/unreal-iii-working-title/803177p1.html

From what I can find, the extra content for the PC version won't be released as downloadable content for the Xbox 360 version.

Best answers
technically you can get a higher visual quality on the pc, because you can have it render at the exact resolution of your monitor. whereas even if you had a 1080p tv for your xbox, it's only putting out something like 1024*768... or there abouts (the game was originally released as being 1080i). so on my pc i can run it at full hd nasty =]
1080p is 1920x1080 (16:9) not 1080x768 (4:3)
If you've got a HDTV that is capable of 1080p that means your display resolution is 1920x1080 with progressive scan which means it is a non-interlaced image.

lol, HD wouldn't even be worth it if it was 1024x768!, that's barely above standard def!

Best answers
i wonder what the system requirements will be, hopefully not as much as lost planet.

its release is for both xp and vista? thats great news! there is no reason to get vista afterall!(not even for directx10) xp ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom