Garlic Jr. Saga...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Was this even aprt of dbz storyline really? i mean after this happened, noone never talked about him. like it never happened. even when refering to the past.

They always went to the freiza on namek then android threat when they talk about it. Garlic Jr is never talked about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Garlic Jr. saga was a filler saga; it never appeared in the manga, and I guess they decided not to taint the rest of the anime with it (unlike in Naruto where they mention the big "race" filler thing in what's supposed to be the regular series.)

Best answers
yea later on with the series well a lil bit later on they had brought back Marron for like 3 episodes in the android saga.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same reason they dont go "hey remember broly he was super tough!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Especially since the way the timelines work out, they must have fought Broly literally within 24 hours of fighting Cell...

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Especially since the way the timelines work out, they must have fought Broly literally within 24 hours of fighting Cell...
Lol if broly was defeated in 24 hours... why did they had so much trouble with cell? wasn't he much weaker? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forget the reasoning behind it, but it had to do with the levels of super saiyan in that movie. Vegeta could do it, so it had to be after the androids, but Gohan couldn't go ssj2 and Goku was still alive, so it had to be before they beat Cell. The fact that Gohan could transform at all indicates that it was after the hyperbolic time chamber, though, doesn't it?

So literally it must have been between the android saga and the cell games saga. Which just makes it all the more preposterous.

Best answers
Thats all true, hence why its a movie and "never really happened".

If Gohan had been able to go SSJ2 against Brolly, he probably would have been equal to him, or handed him his ass on a platter. Either way, it would have ruined the movie. Since, if memory serves, the movie was Brolly handing everyone their ass, then goku summons energy from everyone and beats him magically. Nice storyline for a movie. *coughs*

But if you look at it, Goku and Cell went at it blow for blow for the most part, although I don't believe Cell was going all out. Brolly was handing Goku his ass with all the trimmings on a constant basis.

I dunno. I guess you have to think about it and make your own decisions about what "happened".

To answer the question, it was a part of the storyline, but it was a filler. It happened, but it didn't at the same time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SoulStriker said:
To answer the question, it was a part of the storyline, but it was a filler. It happened, but it didn't at the same time.
Yep, think of the movies as happening in a parallel timeline or setting from the rest of the series.

Don't even try to logic the plot out in DBZ, especially when it comes to the movies. It doesn't work. =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually there were 7 days in which it could have happened... if you remember, goku left the time chamber, and confronted cell, and bartered for time, gaining 7 days of training. so, the brolly movie could have happened any time then, since not all 7 days were accounted for in the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no if that was the case then goku and gohan would of been ssj all the time durring the movie but that isnt the case

it clearly doesnt take place anywhere in the series and is just a side story movie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe Brolly's ascended state IS SSJ2, so he'd probably be even with Gohan.. It's a movie, so it doesn't count.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Budokai 3, they simply call his transformation "Legendary Super Saiyan". SSJ2 would wipe the floor with him (unless hes like the Hulk and the angrier he gets the stronger he gets).

Garlic Jr. Saga was pure crap imo. Its a good thing that "saga" never happened.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
same reason they dont go "hey remember broly he was super tough!"
well Broly was a movie, and Garlic Jr was actually a 'saga' that was based after a movie. thats the only movie that can intertwine with the episodes besides the tv specials. But they just dont talk about him, filler or not. its weird.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't mind the Garlic Jr. saga only because Piccolo actually got to do something.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think i hate it cause they gave it on cartoon network like 50 times in a row for 2 weeks. Thats also around the time i started to dislike dbz.......damn you cartoon network! Damn you to hell!

Best answers
Actually....The Legendary Super Saiyans were a group of elite elite....they were the ones who were supersaiyans from child hood...Brolly was so strong as a baby he just ascended....and yes the Hulk theiry is correct....he was so pure evil because he hated Goku soo much that his hatred fueled his power....but yeh the Legendary Super Saiyans were way stronger than anything because they were supersaiyans for so long and the only way he was "defeated" was because of a combined Kamehameha......but he still comes back in another installment....

Best answers
The Last : but yeh the Legendary Super Saiyans were way stronger than anything because they were supersaiyans for so long and the only way he was "defeated" was because of a combined Kamehameha......but he still comes back in another installment....
first movie he was killed by goku when he punched him through the heart i believe after every one gave him there energy

the second movie with brolly in it was when they killed him with combined kamehameha....

as for garlic jr saga well it was the first time gohan & piccolo & krillin could save the earth with out goku... cell doesn't count cause goku helped gohan become ssj and discovered his ssj2 powers...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Last said:
Actually....The Legendary Super Saiyans were a group of elite elite....they were the ones who were supersaiyans from child hood...Brolly was so strong as a baby he just ascended....and yes the Hulk theiry is correct....he was so pure evil because he hated Goku soo much that his hatred fueled his power....but yeh the Legendary Super Saiyans were way stronger than anything because they were supersaiyans for so long and the only way he was "defeated" was because of a combined Kamehameha......but he still comes back in another installment....
Holy crap, how off topic was this? this thread isnt about brolly, its about Garlic Jr..

anyways, wasnt the garlic jr saga like a aftermath of Deadzone movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom