gang melee. i rock i rock i rock!!!

Best answers
Disclaimer: I just searched for my suggestion in the forums and couldn't find it so if someone else thought of it too you can kiss my butt. (I mean... you rock too :] )

Suggestion 1

***advanced melee should not be invincible***

This will pave the way for my new dynamic plays following. You should be able to be blasted if you're meleeing. You should be able to be punched (right-clicked) while advanced meleeing.

***advanced melee should do more damage ***

Advanced melee is now "open" and high risk. increase the damage potential. (double it)

***Cancellable combos/melee strings***
To avoid getting hit/beamed/disc'd, when it's your turn to input a combo in the advanced melee battle you should be able to cancel. This would happen by pressing the teleport button when it's your turn to input a combo. Doing this will give your opponant the four-way attack sign (or a special 'attepted teleport' 4 way sign... green may be?) which the opponant must unsuccessfully defend or also press teleport to allow you to bail out of the attack. The reason why you would be released from the struggle if the opponant also presses teleport is because you both don't want to get blasted by the pink ball of death coming so you push each other away.
If your opponant DOESN"T want you to escape his clutches, he will try to guess which way your teleporting (up, down, left or right). If he guesses correctly, the opponant will win a heavy hit on you.

***Gang melee ****
ok. SO now you are completely vulnerable to getting smashed or beamed in an advanced melee battle. You also have a method of bailing early if you smell death hurling towards you both. This is the big one i want implemented. Pay attention cos I'm only typing this once. :]

If you see someone in an advanced melee stuggle, you will be able to aim for who you want to also attack and join in melee'ing them. There are 2 situations that will happen now.

Scenario 1.
You are in an advanced melee with Opponant 1. He is now inputting his combo and you have started keying in the defend string. You are now also being attacked by someone else (Opp2). Opp 2 is also inputting his string. You now have twice as many arrows on screen. You will gain a 25% extra time to input the defence. On your turn, you now attack them both back at normal damage and normal input time. The string you enter applies to both opponants and you can double dip your hits if they both don't block. If one opponant blocks and the other doesn't, then you only hit one of them. You get extra CF for winning a minority multiple advanced melee struggle.

Scenario 2.
You are in an advanced melee with Opponant 1 and are about to key in your attack string. OPP2 joins the melee and attacks you. The attack arrows for OPP2 will appear straight away. Your defence string for OPP2 is also the attack string for OPP1. ie if OPP2 attacks you with 'COMBO#1' and you block it, this will become your attack for OOP1. If he doesn't block it, you will initiate the combo on OPP1. While you are Combo'ing OPP1, you are also inputing your attack string for OPP2.

-The key factors for advanced melee is this
* If you are attacked with advanced melee, you WILL receive the attack sequence to defend.
* Regardless of where you are in an attack sequence/combo, if you don't defend someones attack, your combo will stop and you'll start getting flogged.
* Regardless of where you are in an attack sequence/combo, you can get punched (right-click) or beamed. You are completely vulnerable.
* Why would I want to melee? I will get smashed/beamed/hit?
answer> -Extra damage. It will be risky, but if you do more damage, the payoff will be nice.
- You can exit the combo. If your opp is smart, he will bail too.
- no more Advanced melee escapes. You will have to be careful about just meleeing someone to escape someone else chasing you. You might just get double teamed by the guy you were fleeing from.
- If your very good at defending, you can lvl up very quick.
- You will be very scared about just meleeing any old place. Beam spam junkies will smack you up real good.

***Gang Super Beams***
Two people face each other and start a similar blast (eg Kameha wave + mouth blast) . The Ki combines and creates a bigger/deadlier beam. Who wants to multiple p/s now?

Any questions?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no advanced melee has to be invincible or youll be a sitting duck while doing it and every noob would start ki blobing people who are in advanced melee

Best answers
Like Scenario 1 idea. It will be a great improvement to ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
phar4oh said:
Disclaimer: I just searched for my suggestion in the forums and couldn't find it so if someone else thought of it too you can kiss my butt. (I mean... you rock too :] )

Suggestion 1

This will pave the way for my new dynamic plays following. You should be able to be blasted if you're meleeing. You should be able to be punched (right-clicked) while advanced meleeing.

Advanced melee is now "open" and high risk. increase the damage potential. (double it)

To avoid getting hit/beamed/disc'd, when it's your turn to input a combo in the advanced melee battle you should be able to cancel. This would happen by pressing the teleport button when it's your turn to input a combo. Doing this will give your opponant the four-way attack sign (or a special 'attepted teleport' 4 way sign... green may be?) which the opponant must unsuccessfully defend or also press teleport to allow you to bail out of the attack. The reason why you would be released from the struggle if the opponant also presses teleport is because you both don't want to get blasted by the pink ball of death coming so you push each other away.
If your opponant DOESN"T want you to escape his clutches, he will try to guess which way your teleporting (up, down, left or right). If he guesses correctly, the opponant will win a heavy hit on you.
You know, I used to be completley for this, back before I played 1.2 and this idea isn't that bad. I still think however, that advanced melee should keep the players invulnerable, until or if we ever get constant beam damage instead of explosive, this could just cause too much trouble. Maybe just make them invulnerable to beams, but not melee?

***Gang melee ****
ok. SO now you are completely vulnerable to getting smashed or beamed in an advanced melee battle. You also have a method of bailing early if you smell death hurling towards you both. This is the big one i want implemented. Pay attention cos I'm only typing this once. :]

If you see someone in an advanced melee stuggle, you will be able to aim for who you want to also attack and join in melee'ing them. There are 2 situations that will happen now.

Scenario 1.
You are in an advanced melee with Opponant 1. He is now inputting his combo and you have started keying in the defend string. You are now also being attacked by someone else (Opp2). Opp 2 is also inputting his string. You now have twice as many arrows on screen. You will gain a 25% extra time to input the defence. On your turn, you now attack them both back at normal damage and normal input time. The string you enter applies to both opponants and you can double dip your hits if they both don't block. If one opponant blocks and the other doesn't, then you only hit one of them. You get extra CF for winning a minority multiple advanced melee struggle.
Not bad, I Like this idea, it would definatley allow for some good teamwork and tactics.
Scenario 2.
You are in an advanced melee with Opponant 1 and are about to key in your attack string. OPP2 joins the melee and attacks you. The attack arrows for OPP2 will appear straight away. Your defence string for OPP2 is also the attack string for OPP1. ie if OPP2 attacks you with 'COMBO#1' and you block it, this will become your attack for OOP1. If he doesn't block it, you will initiate the combo on OPP1. While you are Combo'ing OPP1, you are also inputing your attack string for OPP2.
Not bad, but I don't like that the defend string is the actual attack string as well, you're forced to attack with whatever your first opponent thorows at you. I liked the first idea much more.

-The key factors for advanced melee is this
* If you are attacked with advanced melee, you WILL receive the attack sequence to defend.
* Regardless of where you are in an attack sequence/combo, if you don't defend someones attack, your combo will stop and you'll start getting flogged.
* Regardless of where you are in an attack sequence/combo, you can get punched (right-click) or beamed. You are completely vulnerable.
* Why would I want to melee? I will get smashed/beamed/hit?
answer> -Extra damage. It will be risky, but if you do more damage, the payoff will be nice.
- You can exit the combo. If your opp is smart, he will bail too.
- no more Advanced melee escapes. You will have to be careful about just meleeing someone to escape someone else chasing you. You might just get double teamed by the guy you were fleeing from.
- If your very good at defending, you can lvl up very quick.
- You will be very scared about just meleeing any old place. Beam spam junkies will smack you up real good.
Everything looks good except the beam risk. I still think it really wouldn't be worth it, especially since you;re going to be concentrating on more attacks, and more opponents, there's no way that I'll be watching for beams.

***Gang Super Beams***
Two people face each other and start a similar blast (eg Kameha wave + mouth blast) . The Ki combines and creates a bigger/deadlier beam. Who wants to multiple p/s now?
You can basically do that now, just that you can't control the beam. I think it'd be better to leave it the way it is now, and give control to the stronger of the players. Harsens is going to be beefing up Powerstruggling in 1.3, so we might see some more improvements anyway.

Best answers
yeh i like that gang melee system well the first one i have longed to fight both of my newb friends at the same time heh......instead of me hitting on away and then the next one stepping up to get slapped v_v

Best answers
I say it shold be a choise, like Friendly Fire, and will include friendly fire in it.

nope. Good enough ;)

Tottaly. I really get anoyed sometimes of the advanced melee...

***Gang Melee***
Kinda messed my head up, to much data for this time (I'm killed, and its only ten aclock, LOL :p ) Though I do like the main idea of multiple attacker. But I do think it would b xtremely complicated.... Anyhow, nice detail ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think adv melee should make the players invincible, but would just shrug off everything but the most damaging attacks (BBA, FF, Deathball) and even then they should only do about half damage. And adv melee damage should definatley be higher for whoever initiated it seeing as now it hardly seems worth all the ki, and you can potentially take a load of damage from it too.

Best answers
Ok, having considered everything and thought about it a bit more, I agree with Ravendust about the Beams. It would be too annoying if you could be HURT by these beams... heh heh... ready for suggestion 2? OK LISTEN UP PEOPLE COS I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!!!

This is the revised plan. If you are in advanced melee and you get hit by a beam (that is powerful enough graded on a sliding scale of powerlevel vs those actually inside the melee) you will get broken apart with 0 HP loss. Melee attacks will do damage but Beams will break fighters apart.

*** Applications ***
- Stop noobs from getting picked on.
- force beam spammers to aim there s*** properly instead of just guessing when the melee will end.
- bug people.

uh.... more later! stay tuned.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee is being sped up in 1.3, and there'll be some nifty new abilities that should make it more fun and dynamic. Like what? You'll learn in time, please don't start asking questions. The point is it'll be faster and more rewarding in the future.

Making players vulnarable and making moves cancelable would also make things faster, but it would discourage players from using advanced melee at all. Why risk a kame taking you out while you were trying to lay down moves? Canceling is great, but if I get the first hit, I want my stun bar to count for something... I don't want to just cancel and run away because of a beam spammer.

The 'fighting multiple opponents' idea is an interesting one, but you have to realize that the odds are you will be in the middle of a fight when the second guy comes along. You also have to realize that it isn't exactly hard to swoop into two guys doing advanced melee since they aren't moving... maybe if you required the first character to do some kind of grapple before the second guy could get in it'd make more sense.

Best answers
Sonic! you rock! that would work well. That would force double teams to be deliverate and not advanced melee chaos!

Best answers
Um, you can get beamed when in an advanced combo, I got kamehameha-ed.... 6 hp left.... owies *_*

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't get beamed in a combo. In a simple melee combo maybe, not advanced, it is confirmed. You may have had a freak code error but it was more likely that the flash mdae it hard to see that you were being comboed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom