Gameplay is ****ed Up

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wow 4 pages of whinning and complaining.....

All I hear is I am new and it's not fair that the people that have been playing for alot longer than me can beat me.

Well..... welcome to the real world pal. You will find this is the case in every game you play.

Why has this thread gone on as long as it has?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smeg said:
Wow 4 pages of whinning and complaining.....

All I hear is I am new and it's not fair that the people that have been playing for alot longer than me can beat me.

Well..... welcome to the real world pal. You will find this is the case in every game you play.

Why has this thread gone on as long as it has?
I second that, ive been reading along with this for a while, and it semes like one argument after another...

No game is perfect! not even the precious Counter-strike... I see ppl get owned worse in that than i ever see any newbies in esf..

Bottom line is, when your new you suck. This goes for everything, not even games. So I suggest you sit, read the manual or learn by trial and error in tactics.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
If thats your arguement against adapting your tactics to suit your enemy then you deserve to be beaten by people who take the time and effort to think ahead. What i suggested was merely one of the many things you can do to provoke the enemy's behaviour to your advantage. On friday i joined a public server and i was fighting a player as cell, who beamjumped continuously, teleported like mad and continously beam spammed special beam cannon, did i complain that it was the games fault? no i decided i was going to use my brain to do my best to outsmart him, many times he killed me because I wasnt good enough to catch him or stop his special beam cannon. However his pattern became clear, and when he was going to sbc me i knew to teleport, i knew when he was going to beamjump and so changed my attack pattern accordingly. Like Bruce Lee said "be like water my friend", the ability to adapt to any situation or tactic is what makes a good fighter. I'd like to ask why you feel the need to personally attack me? Opinions on gameplay is what is important here, not how much i play the game. If you really want to know how much i play the game, ive played a hell of a lot of esf the past week or so, 3-4 hours a day, some days more depends if i sleep or not.

Ive not once discouraged anybody from stating their opinion as long as they arent just *****ing in a way that doesnt help. Things ARE being changed, and sure you can suggest idea's over and over, but *****ing and saying the team is doing a bad job when you dont even know what they're changing makes no sense. You seem to think nobody listens and nobody cares that you want to balance the game, but the point is, the team does listen and does care about the game being fair, so i think its time you get of your high horse and realise that the team are trying damn hard, they like good, well constructed idea's, they dont like it when the public resort to cynicism and insisting that they know best and insulting the beta testing team and making unfounded claims that the team dont undersand or see where the comunity are comming from. Its insulting and unappriciative, and quite frankly i find it depressing that the community finds that their only way to get their point across is through provocative criticism. Well thought out well written idea's will prevail over moaning and complaining.

I didnt read this earlier but i read it while rereading scince i posted:

For these "super runners" I believe this can be solved very easily, by making beam jump a small burst. I dont think it'd be impossible to catch up with anybody who runs away all the time as long as they cant beamjump all the way across the map. Ive met runners before, but few that i knew if i didnt put in enough effort i cud catch. Somebody will have to show me what they mean, because ive never met a super runner, but i asume the only way they can do that is with beam jump.

as for the unable to block ki blasts/generic balls, im pretty sure thats being changed.
Okay, then here's what I'll do on public servers the next time: when the game starts, I'll use the adv melee glitch and blocklame till i have a pretty High PL, then I'll start spamming Kamehameha with Goku, after I trans I'll keep beamjumping the Kamehameha. Even if u did hit me *WOW* there would still be others that die.

Even better, when the game starts I'll pick Buu and candy ppl till i have a high PL and start spamming mouthblast.

If someone wants to be uncatchable, the only way to catch them is by beamspam and ONLY if you have the PL to do it.

I would love to see you beat me when I'm spamming the entire server... I don't think you'll have an easy time figuring out my moves.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
Okay, then here's what I'll do on public servers the next time: when the game starts, I'll use the adv melee glitch and blocklame till i have a pretty High PL, then I'll start spamming Kamehameha with Goku, after I trans I'll keep beamjumping the Kamehameha. Even if u did hit me *WOW* there would still be others that die.

Even better, when the game starts I'll pick Buu and candy ppl till i have a high PL and start spamming mouthblast.

If someone wants to be uncatchable, the only way to catch them is by beamspam and ONLY if you have the PL to do it.

I would love to see you beat me when I'm spamming the entire server... I don't think you'll have an easy time figuring out my moves.
beam spamming is easily avoidable if your skilled enough. Just because you have a problem with the gameplay doesn't mean you come here to start a thread and piss and moan about it , you practice and do whatever you can in your power to play well. There are other games that require skill just like esf (or sometimes even more of a learning curve) so why is there a need to complain , when on the other hand you could do things like practice and what not (some players have good mice or high mouse speed , witch you may want to practice with)

Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
beam spamming is easily avoidable if your skilled enough. Just because you have a problem with the gameplay doesn't mean you come here to start a thread and piss and moan about it , you practice and do whatever you can in your power to play well. There are other games that require skill just like esf (or sometimes even more of a learning curve) so why is there a need to complain , when on the other hand you could do things like practice and what not (some players have good mice or high mouse speed , witch you may want to practice with)
Really? like when ur transed with buu n stuff and the rest has a killrate of 1-9 and u start spamming the beams, they can still dodge it?

LOL YEAH if they have a LOT of luck :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephize said:
Really? like when ur transed with buu n stuff and the rest has a killrate of 1-9 and u start spamming the beams, they can still dodge it?

LOL YEAH if they have a LOT of luck :D
.................................................................................................

did you consider player skill ? beam jumping ? teleporting ? swooping ? and other various tactics that can prevent you from getting killed

Best answers
Sephize said:

You do what you have to. Just make sure the server admin is not in the server or if he/she is, hope they do not have a short fuse. Besides, you make it seem that it is that easy. I guarantee you that your strategy will not work after some time. The thing about people is that they are smart, they adapt, they plan, and they are unpredictable.

When I started playing this game a very long time ago I was able to find holes in people’s offense, especially if they kept on doing the same thing over and over again.

I have seen a guy/girl once that did exactly what you said, and the whole server teamed up against him/her until he/she left.

I have been following this thread since it started, and I see that this argument is fruitless.

What do you not understand about what people are saying?

1. The development team is making this game for FREE.
2. The development team is NOT being paid.
3. The development team is doing this in THEIR free time.
3. The development team could just abandon this game.
4. Games are always unfair (I would like you to name one game that is fair).
5. It takes experience in order to be somewhat good.
6. If you do not like it, then you simply do not play it.

Do not challenge people. Many people I fought in this game regret even talking to me. I have fought against a lot of good players who said I could not land a hit. I have fought people who told me to stop trying to fight them. I was very persistent as so with just about every other person in these forums. And the thing is, I eventually managed to land a hit.

Quote from Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. "Do not underestimate the Human spirit!!!"

I am not good at this game at all, I am just very persistent on winning. Like I said, if you do not like this game then simply do no play it.

Best answers
Saiyan overlord, I can assure you that beamspamming is very easy, especially with the right chars. Since the publics are usually filled with n00bs, you have a bigger chance of killing your self than getting killed by one of them. Even the better players might get you once or twice, but an experienced beamjumper knows how to stay away from trouble.

There is a point where balance tips in favor of one another. If you want to beat an experienced runner, you are going to have to be far better than him to beat him using a different fighting style. Why? Because it's easier for him to use certain tactics (such as dropping) which are mostly considered "cheap". Hence he usually get's the lamer tag. Just because he's defensive, doesn't mean it's cheap. As soon as it's easier to do than something else but with the same effort and outcome, then it's cheap. In other words, this 'cheapness' is actually unbalanced, seeing as it's easier but with no difference in damage (for instance). It doesn't matter if something is harder as long as it has a bigger reward but when hard and easy collide, sharing the same attributes, there are those who will do anything for a win and those who respect other people's fun. As I've said before, chasing a runner isn't fun and soon loses it appeal in any way. Because the runner doesn't give a crap since he is winning, he basically disrespects my effort of trying to play fair and clean. Should I then lower myself and also become a 'lamer'? Should I also become a runner just so that I can win? Competition is a part of the game as long as it doesn't ruin the main object of it, fun.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
Saiyan overlord, I can assure you that beamspamming is very easy, especially with the right chars. Since the publics are usually filled with n00bs, you have a bigger chance of killing your self than getting killed by one of them. Even the better players might get you once or twice, but an experienced beamjumper knows how to stay away from trouble.

There is a point where balance tips in favor of one another. If you want to beat an experienced runner, you are going to have to be far better than him to beat him using a different fighting style. Why? Because it's easier for him to use certain tactics (such as dropping) which are mostly considered "cheap". Hence he usually get's the lamer tag. Just because he's defensive, doesn't mean it's cheap. As soon as it's easier to do than something else but with the same effort and outcome, then it's cheap. In other words, this 'cheapness' is actually unbalanced, seeing as it's easier but with no difference in damage (for instance). It doesn't matter if something is harder as long as it has a bigger reward but when hard and easy collide, sharing the same attributes, there are those who will do anything for a win and those who respect other people's fun. As I've said before, chasing a runner isn't fun and soon loses it appeal in any way. Because the runner doesn't give a crap since he is winning, he basically disrespects my effort of trying to play fair and clean. Should I then lower myself and also become a 'lamer'? Should I also become a runner just so that I can win? Competition is a part of the game as long as it doesn't ruin the main object of it, fun.
your'e talking of swoop free falling i presume ? it isn't really a lame tactic , if anything the play who uses it can cut down on ki usage , dodge attacks and so on. i have had some good fights with people on the same skill level. It just comes down to this , there are different playing styles and everyone will use them , being a runner isn't cheap , people just call em that because they are outraged. It all comes down to how a player can play in the end and if he's very good then n00bs will complain. He's not using exploits , so why should people complain as swoop fallnig really isn't one , it's just a tactic people use to make themselves hard to hit. I don't see how people just see it as cheapness when all wer'e doing is playying the game in our way , and playying at the best level we can possibly play or using the tactic that suits us most or stratergy (some people are bound more to be defensive then offensive and visa versa for example)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you equip a new person with energy attacks, it is pretty easy to dodge and just hit him. You give a good player a beam, he usually know how to jump (teleport with goku) beam jump and everythin so the damage is minimized to him while hurting you.

It is funny that people will complain about dying from melee a lot, I'm sure standing their shooting a kamehameha is such a better alternative. It is a single minded issue, they are not having fun unless they are winning.

Best answers
lol ... this threads is becoming dumb sorry..
Saiyan_Overload - You dont have any Idea what we are talking about lol
"I dont see whats so lame about block"
BlockLame = Block and hit and instantly takes you to adv melee < usually throw >
which you cant dodge it
and another thing
"Avoiding beam spam is easy if you consider skills" <-------- LOL i wanna see you dodge my majinbuu beamspam.
when i kill 4 people in a beam
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for Ryu - lol dude.. im not even going to reply you since ive already played with you and we both know what you are..
+ you lost to me in everyway you wanted.. we even used your rules and your place lol.
then from now on if you say you beat me get over ESF-Israel.co.nr and show me your skills mister.bot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny how one newbie's comments can trigger a forum-wide flamewar.

I pity you people. I honestly do. I shall have no part in this.

1.3 promises change. Complaining about things now isn't worth anything, because when that change happens, people will need to use new tactics and adapt their skills. I hope 1.3 will become more balanced so I won't have to suffer the ignorance and complaints of certain individuals here any longer.

Best answers
Why bother to post if you have nothing to contribute, hmm? You probably don't understand what I'm trying to accomplish in the first place so for the sake of all that is good, don't reply unless you have something meaningful to say.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually he has a point, i wish everybody would stop being so cynical, and start coming up with idea's and suggestions to deal with their complaints.

There are a lot of things in here which are going to be addressed/already have been adressed in 1.3. If you feel there's something that needs to be fixed please use the suggestion forum and if its anygood it will be brought up in team meetings, but all i see this thread as, is people complaining, i've seen nothing productive from it other than the fact that its brought "runner's" more to my attention, im going to look into it and see how they're exploiting the game and suggest something accordingly.

Best answers
Ya, you're right, I have done ABSOLUTELY nothing apart from complaining. I probably haven't even noticed the suggestions forum, hmm. Go play someone from ocrana, mainly merce and raikhan, they'll show you what I mean.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-_- so you reply with a cynical comment....

I didnt say you have done nothing but complain, but instead of causing a bad atmosphere and bringing up the bad points in the game, actually suggest some reasonable idea's. Point me to all the suggestions youve made that solve all the things you've brought up in here. All i see is problems being discussed and argued, no suggestions.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Kai- said:
Majin_You --> Moderators closing a thread means "We cant handle this thread therefore we should stop it"
You know what, you're right. You guys cannot handle this thread, and I am going to stop it. With that incredible foresight, I'm surprised we haven't added you to the moderating team.

Seriously. The last few posts have all been, "You cannot understand, so stay out of this thread", or "All you do is complain". Can you guys not take this to a private medium?

I don't see discussion, I see debate - the same, old, tiresome debate. We've heard this all before. If squabbling over this hasn't accomplished anything in the past, it will continue to do nothing. Carnage is the only person in this thread that I know of, with certainty, that is taking the correct approach. Have any of you read his suggestions for melee in great length? If you have, then you know that what's going on in this thread is absolutely pointless.

I suggest you all grow up before you try to discuss this again.

...and -Kai-, don't tell me what my actions mean. After 3 years of moderating threads like these, I know what I'm talking about. When I close a thread, it's because it's going nowhere. Don't try to test what I "can't handle".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom