game mod for bot

Best answers
as you already know esf has 3 modes , free fighting , team fight and ctdb experimental . in ctdb bots fire
beams only when we are a bit far and after some shots the come for mele . i was wondering that if there can be a fourth mod for beam strugles only . that would be cool if its aded :D . also they should fire a verity of atacks exept ki balls and ki blasts . :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just use the bot editor and program them to use 0% of melee, teleports, kiblasts and generic beams and have them use 100% of all the big beams.

Set as personality 1 and when adding a bot choose that personality. Or just save it as default and add a bot normally. Just dont make a random bot as that randomly chooses a personality.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dont see any difference in team fight and ctdb experimental, can you tell mi what is it? And also free fight in esf 1.2.3 with bots dont work

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I dont see any difference in team fight and ctdb experimental, can you tell mi what is it? And also free fight in esf 1.2.3 with bots dont work
Both are the same, with the difference that in CTDB Mode you are able (in some maps) to gather the dragon balls to make a wish.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's useless to make a beam struggle mode...
Besides, only noobs use only beams. Most of the average players use melee all teh time

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It's useless to make a beam struggle mode...
Besides, only noobs use only beams. Most of the average players use melee all teh time
Know the difference between newb and noob before insulting them :). And heck, I like to use energy wave attacks.. does that make me a newb? It's quite fun to do something differently you know.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Both are the same, with the difference that in CTDB Mode you are able (in some maps) to gather the dragon balls to make a wish.
In esf 1.2.3? I dont think so. I know cos the dragon balls can be used only in ecx rc2 or evm, but in esf 1.2.3 default :/ (in fact i already try in all maps with CTDB mode, and it doesen't have any dragon balls o_o)

i use melee Throw Beam combos
And I use melee combos and kamehameha wave (with goku), and about the combos, i saw in HLMV some esf models haved combo_3.Can be that used?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In esf 1.2.3? I dont think so. I know cos the dragon balls can be used only in ecx rc2 or evm, but in esf 1.2.3 default :/ (in fact i already try in all maps with CTDB mode, and it doesen't have any dragon balls o_o)

And I use melee combos and kamehameha wave (with goku), and about the combos, i saw in HLMV some esf models haved combo_3.Can be that used?
That is only the Goku models. And no it can not be used.

As for CTDB. That mode was first put into ESF in ESF Beta 1.0 before EVM even existed and has not changed till the open betas.

While it looks like a team mode it works slightly differently. Of course you need special maps that have Dragon Ball spawn points in them to use it. The game mode works as follows. First team to reach X number of wishes (default 10) wins the match. Each wish gives you 1 wish point. The Friendship wish gives you 2 wish points. So first team who gets X wish points wins.

EVM simply included the dragonballs in their first version using the ESF code with slightly changed wishes using AMXX. As for your own statement. Aside from esf_riverside which is an ESF 1.0 map no ESF 1.2.3 maps contain dragonball spown points. But aside from that ALL ESF 1.1 maps had dragonball support. Though knowing you arnt using ESF with what it was intended that may just be a side effect A.K.A. bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
jeez what an useless discussion, everyone uses their own ways to get more kills.. its the goal of the game...
Subject one says : Oh I use Ki Blasts and Disks and pwn teh l33t
Subject two says : Yeah and my Spirit Bomb pwns teh l33t h4x total GOSU.

No point discussing which is better...

No one can beat Vegeta's Kiblasts + Melee skill. :D

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I used to play esf because of its amazing beam/ energy attack system. But nowadays I get lamed by unlimited ki teleport single melee attacks(also one of the reasons i left).
Esf is a one of a kind when it comes to beam/ energy attacks, attacks in that Q3 mod were just rockets firing with different sprites, HL2: DB really failed because when you move, the beam moves with you(like holding a long stick).

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically our beams are the same as guided rockets from HL ^^;

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Code:
mp_melee 0

Best answers
i know how to use bot editor , lol i am playing since the first release . what i ment was that if a option is made in the game , so that we dont have to use bot editor

Best answers
lol i have been playing from the alphas ofcourse i know how to use bot editor but it would be esier if the option is in the game

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you try what hlev posted?

That cvar is in the manual and i think its there to dissable melee all together.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
maybe the problem isn't the melee itself, is the unlimited teleport melee or whatever he said..
maybe
Code:
mp_nomeleehittime
plus a high value (10 is pretty high) may invalidate melee for 10 seconds after the last hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom