Game creation menu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's possible in any way, I think you should be able to see the overview of a map (from "esf_openbeta\overviews") when you select it in the 'Create Server' menu. This will help unexperienced players with choosing the map they want.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's possible in any way, I think you should be able to see the overview of a map (from "esf_openbeta\overviews") when you select it in the 'Create Server' menu. This will help unexperienced players with choosing the map they want.

Thats only possible if the map actualy has an overwiew ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Thats only possible if the map actualy has an overwiew ^^
You're right.. but it is better than nothing, and you can have a nice 'Overview not available' message if that's the case. In addition, mappers may decide to add overviews of their maps as a result of this feature, as they would actually appear and be used in the game now.
Do you agree?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right.. but it is better than nothing, and you can have a nice 'Overview not available' message if that's the case. In addition, mappers may decide to add overviews of their maps as a result of this feature, as they would actually appear and be used in the game now.
Do you agree?
Unless you work your maps with the displacement mapping stile overwiews are a pain in the ass to make.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless you work your maps with the displacement mapping stile overwiews are a pain in the ass to make.
I didn't know that. But you can see most of the open beta's official maps have overviews, and I believe most ESF 1.2.3/1.3 servers run these maps. So most ESF players should have every overview they may be looking for.
At least that's the way I see it. Please correct me if I'm wrong o_o.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't know that. But you can see most of the open beta's official maps have overviews, and I believe most ESF 1.2.3/1.3 servers run these maps. So most ESF players should have every overview they may be looking for.
At least that's the way I see it. Please correct me if I'm wrong o_o.
Thats cause the official maps are mostly made using the displacement mapping technique ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats cause the official maps are mostly made using the displacement mapping technique ^^
That makes sense:shocked:
So what reason does the team have not to add this? It's obviously not a problem for their mappers (since they've already done it before) and right now their maps seem to be the most popular ones out there. It also doesn't look too complicated to implement, so it's little effort for the benefit of many players.
I haven't tried doing that myself.. so I guess I can't really say how difficult it will be. But assuming it's possible, would you like to have this in the game?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would be nice. But personally id go for a screen shot rather than an overview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom