Gaining power and how the hell it works!!!!!

Best answers
I have esf Beta 1.1. I have noticed that my power level goes up as well as goes down when I get killed. And When I make a kill it varies on how much power I gain. Same goes for what attack I do. Sometimes when I attack I get a lot of power and soemtimes I get a little. WTF!!! MAN!!! Soemone please tell me how this works, but in detail..........

Best answers
It all depends on your PowerLevel, the server average PL, and the PL of your opponent.

Killing someone weaker than you won't raise your powerlevel as much as killing someone with a higher powerlevel than you.

Also, The power level you gain is determined by the server Average. If your PL is higher than the average, you'll lose PL when you die. If your PL is lower than the server average, you'll gain powerlevel after you die.

The Server Average is determined by how many people are on the server and their powerlevels.

All Based on my knowledge.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's also based on the damage you do. If a ki blast does 9 damage, that 9 damage is factored against the difference in PL between yourself on the person you are attacking, and that determines how much PL you recieve. A fully charged kame that does 200 damage will get you 200 damage worth of PL against whatever the power level of your opponent was compared to you. A laser that does 38 damage will get you 38 damage worth of Pl.

I think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it depends of your PL, the opponents PL, the damage you caused and the attack you were using

your PL low --> the PL you get is higher
enemies PL low --> the PL you get is lower
the dmg you caused is low --> the PL you get is lower
weapons like fingerlaser, eyelaser won't give you much PL for hurting a player ... disc (instakill attacks) will give you a really low PL, because it's an instakill weapon

if you die your PL goes closer to the servers average PL (as already said) ... but you can turn that off with "mp_plcatchup 0" in console

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams will definatly help your PL grow faster. If you're good with melee, then you should stick what that and some combos would be good as well. Really, all you gotta do is hit someone a lot of times to gain PL. Ki blobs help a lot too, especially without turbo. (I think)

Easiest way to gain PL, look for someone with a higher PL and have them kill you once or twice. :laff: It does work! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom