Freedom Gundam

Best answers

skinned my old Freedom Gundam model that i made a long time ago, as well as fixed it up a bit

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No crits only comments, that looks awesome Darkside, I really like the blue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i love the skin/model as well m8 =D. keep up the good work.

Best answers
Oh my god I'm gonna faint. That looks just like the one from the show......

to bad there aint any mods that it'll work for :(

Best answers
made a neat lookin render that i use for a desktop wallpaper :O

Best answers
esf wouldn't be able to handle this model, its for hl2

Best answers
a little under 4000.. somehwere in the 3900's, too lazy to check, lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beatiful, Are you going to make his beam gun and sheild as well?

NeD

Best answers
I think the model looks really solid, but i have to say this: The texture looks a bit bland. It's a given that it's an anime model, but it's a little to plain and simple. Maybe try looking at some real life pictures of metal, and try to emulate some of it more subtly on the texture. Also on the first render, i think maybe the background color should be something other than black. Normally mid value, sort of neutral colors are the best as they help you judge the saturation of the colors and the contrast better. Keep plugging away at it, though and this will be great ;)

Good work :)

Best answers
yes the metal can use some more detail, best way to know how to do metal is observe other models and see how they make there metal look "metal like", there are some good tutorials out there for metal, this site has some good ones http://st.gaming-interactive.com/

Best answers
i saw a lot of those tutorials and used some in the skin, but it was kinda hard to get the same look as in the tutorial while also making the metal white

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice skin.

Darkside said:
its gonna be for a hl2 mod
Darkside said:
made a neat lookin render that i use for a desktop wallpaper :O
You get a :warning: warning :warning: for double posting to bump up your thread, you've been posting and watching these forums long enough to know the rules by heart now - and this isn't the first time you've done this.

Guest0043 said:
*Advertising link removed* -grOOvy
Link removed, please do not link to any other mod site - as that is advertising and against the forum AUP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A model with 4000 pollys can go into esf with no problem..

And the model is alright, its a little to scrawny and the skin really has no detail, no shine, no scratches, it looks the same texture is up on the whole model. And the shadows arent really correct, he has shadows where you wouldnt expect it to be. Like on the piece around the crotch area, it goes light, gets darker and darker, and then light.. Why? It should just be light, a dark line, light again, that dark line is just the crevis created when the medal bends. I think it alright, but it could be better. For a first gundam skin its pretty good. Gundam skins are pretty simple, just learn how to make scracthes and dents in the medal, to make it look more rugged. might try a gundam someday..

Best answers
That's a very nice model but like NeD and CJ said you need to add some scratches and metallic texture to the skin.

Best answers
there r scratches and stuff in it, just they dont show up in the lightwave render, i'll post a screenshot from ms3d in a bit

..then again, why have scratches and dents on a never before used gundam ;)

edit:
here are a few ms3d ones

i might do something about that shading you mentioned cj, once i finish all of the lines and stuff on the skin, didn't do leg ones yet :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom