Forum suggestion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got a suggestion about dead threads. Would it be possible to create a program or something that automatically closes all threads that are more than 2 weeks old? This would solve the "reviving dead threads" problem. Or if it isn't possible, you could hire a mod whose job is just to close these threads, or you could do it yourselves, there's quite a lot of you guys. The same goes for double posting, like if you're trying to double post, it just says "you cannot double post, use the Edit button" or something. Mods are getting pissed cause n00bs are breaking the rules, but the solution is very easy.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
well it's just as easy to not post in a thread that is months old.

or to see you've posted before, and not post again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, but there are people that DO NOT READ THE RULES, and revive a thread from 2001. Then SPAM. I was one of those once. I remember that I made 6 posts in a row on another forum, and this guy kept saying DO NOT DOUBLE POST, but I didn't know what it meant, so I just kept going and he kept deleting. Then I PM'd him and he explained. I'm just talking out of experience.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
but it honestly doesn't happen too much to the point where that stuff would be needed.

I mean seriously, that's why we have moderators in the first place :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you got a point there. But all moderators can do is warn. If someone posts a double post, it stays. On second thought, they could edit the second post, and put everything from it in the first post, and then delete the second post. But why don't they do it? Yeah, everything can be solved with moderators but what I don't get is why don't they do the above mentioned? Either it hasn't come to them or they like double-posts and undead threads. ^^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh that would kill my map threads off.

Normaly i have weeks befor i post progress again ^^

Making more than 1 thread for a WIP map would be pointless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Meh that would kill my map threads off.

Normaly i have weeks befor i post progress again ^^

Making more than 1 thread for a WIP map would be pointless.
I think for art and similar threads you are allowed to revive them if you are the author and post an update..

And for normal double posting:
on other boards I browse double posting is disabled in the board options, so you get a message that the last post in the thread is yours.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's one crucial flaw in your suggestion. Take for example thread that are old, but still posted in (take threads for example such as the "what are you listening to now?" thread and "rate the signature above you" thread or jsut about any thread that users keep posting in actively, this means they would be closed, and that people wanting to continue discussion or post in a thread of such subject they would be creating a new thread each time a thread older then 2 weeks is automatically closed). In general, you forgot about the user base of a forum as a whole, and it would create a lot more people making threads on similar/same subjects in the end.

Useless Idea when you consider these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom