FORUM COMPETITION II

Best answers
Pft, Obviously you guys have untalented eyes. My entry was truly the best ....

Best answers
Godhand said:
Pft, Obviously you guys have untalented eyes. My entry was truly the best ....
I thought my entry was good, but SSchrus's must've been better, beside the point I was disqualified......

Best answers
SuperSaiyanChris, i love your banner but ur gonna hate me for this. Nothing personal i just hate it when something is poorly organised

grOOvy said:
Here are the rules:
- The final image must contain official content taken from Earth's Special Forces (example: a model render or an ingame pose).
- The final image must have Goku or Vegeta in some form somewhere in it.
- The final image dimensions must be 600 pixels (width) x 85 pixels (height)
- The final image must blend/fit in nicely on the forums, take a look at the current banner to see what I mean.
- The only text on the banner anywhere must be the words "Earth's Special Forces". Make a typo and you're disqualified immediately.
- Save your file as a JPG with good quality (minimal compression), and host it on IMAGESHACK ONLY. No other host will be accepted. When you post your entry, use the [IMG.] tags and include your image hosted at ImageShack.us.

I’m just curious if the rules were taken into consideration when judging occurred
grOOvy said:
- The final image must have Goku or Vegeta in some form somewhere in it
The winning banner has this, a shadowed outline of goku
grOOvy said:
- The final image must contain official content taken from Earth's Special Forces (example: a model render or an ingame pose).
This rule states that official content from Earth Special Forces, the game Earth Special Forces, must be within the image. (This does not include Content from the web site, because that is not stated.)

This winning banner does not have this at all, shouldn’t it have been disqualified. I don care if I didn’t win the competition. I'm not bitter in any way nor did i think i would win, i never made comments about my own and made good comments about others in the forum. I like to stick up for the little people.

Many competitors are disadvantaged because they followed the rules precisely and a person who manages to break a rule wins the competition. I’m sure if everyone could have put a shadow image of where something is supposed to be everyone could have created a good banner, because as you know its difficult to create a banner with a model render, otherwise u guys would have done it yourself.

Also not all my images were used in the judging. I’m sure I wasn’t the only person with more then 1 image and only had 1 chosen for judging. It also wasn't my final submission it was the one previous. What type of shabby competition u running here.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MoZZa said:
SuperSaiyanChris, i love your banner but ur gonna hate me for this. Nothing personal i just hate it when something is poorly organised

I’m just curious if the rules were taken into consideration when judging occurred
The winning banner has this, a shadowed outline of goku
This rule states that official content from Earth Special Forces, the game Earth Special Forces, must be within the image. (This does not include Content from the web site, because that is not stated.)

This winning banner does not have this at all, shouldn’t it have been disqualified. I don care if I didn’t win the competition. I'm not bitter in any way nor did i think i would win, i never made comments about my own and made good comments about others in the forum. I like to stick up for the little people.

Many competitors are disadvantaged because they followed the rules precisely and a person who manages to break a rule wins the competition. I’m sure if everyone could have put a shadow image of where something is supposed to be everyone could have created a good banner, because as you know its difficult to create a banner with a model render, otherwise u guys would have done it yourself.

Also not all my images were used in the judging. I’m sure I wasn’t the only person with more then 1 image and only had 1 chosen for judging. It also wasn't my final submission it was the one previous. What type of shabby competition u running here.
He did follow the rules, we are going to replace the goku outline in that with an original 1.3 Goku render. The dimensions are ok, the only text is "Earth's Special Forces", he used the official logo - what elsse do you want? Everything is fine, and the competition is over so please drop it.

And for information's sake, people who got close to winning were CS-LAND, Idane and Mozza.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welp, the PSD was sent. Thanks for the people who said my banner was good, and MoZZa, I don't think the team intends for the shadowed outline to be on the final version. Most likely, they will just pop in a 1.3 goku render once they finish it.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SuperSaiyanChris' logo has now been uploaded and functional as the official ESF forum banner :). Looking real pretty there, even with Vegeta on there ^_^.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TwisteR said:
The picture of Vegeta looks wierd, but it does look good up there. =]
I agree, something with its hair... but it looks good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seconded, it looks fine like that in his normal form, but as SSJ it looks really weird, I prefer Kreshi's hair modelling style.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Seconded, it looks fine like that in his normal form, but as SSJ it looks really weird, I prefer Kreshi's hair modelling style.
Well, that to, but,

On this pic vegeta looks cool as ssj, but on that banner, his hair isn't as pointy as on the pic I show you here, and that is what it makes kinda weird, for me that is.

I do agree that kreshi's hair skinning is very good, but this one is not bad to, not at all.

But I just wanted to point out that I found it weird because the banner vegeta hasn't got "spikey" hair, and the one on this pic does have, and I take it they are the same models.

Its just that, its like the one on the banner had a bad hairdresser, it cut off some spikes. :p

But that's just what I see, maybe its the angle vegeta is standing.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks great up there... But that hair err, how to put it lightly... Looks like someone let a blind kid play with scissors.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the comments everyone. Feels weird having my stuff on there o_O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom