Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[align=center]Welcome to
Earth's Special Forces
Forum Competition II (TWO)
[/align]

Are you a frequent visitor of the ESF forums? Do you want access to THE ultimate headquarters of ESF information and want to see exclusive ESF news and media in advance? Well these competitions are here to give you free access to the Force Pit aka Phil's home.

The first competition is already well underway and we are waiting for some of the lazy fight club posters to get their rounds in before the judges can move in. But meanwhile, it's time for our second official forum competition!

Do you like using Photoshop, PaintShopPro or other advanced imaging software? Do you like creating new banners and signatures every now and then? If you do, this competition is for you! Take a look at the following image:

Yes, it is the current default banner of the ESF vBulletin forums, and the judging criteria this time is - making a new ESF forum banner! The development team will pick the winner in one of their team meetings and will use the winner's banner on the ESF forums. The winner will also get free access to the Force Pit!

Here are the rules:
- The final image must contain official content taken from Earth's Special Forces (example: a model render or an ingame pose).
- The final image must have Goku or Vegeta in some form somewhere in it.
- The final image dimensions must be 600 pixels (width) x 85 pixels (height)
- The final image must blend/fit in nicely on the forums, take a look at the current banner to see what I mean.
- The only text on the banner anywhere must be the words "Earth's Special Forces". Make a typo and you're disqualified immediately :p .
- Save your file as a JPG with good quality (minimal compression), and host it on IMAGESHACK ONLY. No other host will be accepted. When you post your entry, use the [IMG.] tags and include your image hosted at ImageShack.us.

That's it then, you guys have a maximum of two weeks to submit your image. The entries will close sharp on 13th December 2004. Keep a backup of your original banner file (example: .psd photoshop file) - as you will need to send that to the team if you win the competition.

Team members, beta testers or forum staff may also submit their entries - but incase one of their images is chosen as the best, the next best (not on any staff team) will get free access to the Force Pit as the runner up.

Note: This is an official event organized by the Earth's Special Forces team, and the prizes handed out will include exclusive access to the Force Pit, as well as your name going up on our website. You (forum user) agree that by submitting your entry to the forum competition, the Earth's Special Forces Team has rights to use the image as the forum banner image for an unlimited period of time in the future. The team can also modify the banner in the future to suit theme changes, without requiring your consent.

---

Let teh posting begin! So who all are planning on entering? :eek:

Best answers
Okies, i think i might enter this one for ****s and giggles. Hmmm typos are gonna be disqualified... looks like im gonna have to tripple check my work this time :p

EDIT: just wondering for wonderings sake, why only to use image shack as a host?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im in as well then.

- The final image must have Goku or Vegeta in some form somewhere in it.
Goku and/or vegeta?or just one?

oh and will be centerd or alined to left?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to be cool... I'm just wondering, will the forum scheme match the colors of the banner, once it's implemented?

Best answers
Sounds like this is only an advantages for the GFX thingys, (alright.. they are also a bit sexy :p)
what about us others? who don't have much experience in GFX, or are pretty known on the forum.
just a little note ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i´m not graphical nor am i that good in english to even stand a chance in fightclub. so i can never win acces :S

to bad though

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is going to be cool... I'm just wondering, will the forum scheme match the colors of the banner, once it's implemented?
- The final image must blend/fit in nicely on the forums, take a look at the current banner to see what I mean.
My question still remains can we put both goku and vegeta in it, or only one?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, my photoshop skills reach as far as copying and pasting, but what the hell :yes:

Best answers
Oh yeah, this is gonna be fun... even though i cannot use photoshop so good but still ^_^, and by the way...

The entries will close sharp on 13th December 2004.
So it would be already closed :S

G
no, its the 30th of november today.
guess i might give it a try, i suck at making stuff like this, but i can always try.

Best answers
wheres_warren said:
My question still remains can we put both goku and vegeta in it, or only one?
gr00vy said:
The final image must have Goku or Vegeta in some form somewhere in it.
Please PM me, or contact me via MSN to obtain custom Vegeta/Goku Renders. Goku has not been publicly viewed so should you choose to have Goku in your banner certain restrictions will reply until I complete the skin.

Please supply details of poses, sizes, character. Your best bet would be to contact me via a messenger then I can give you exactly what you want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just because you have graphical skills dont mean yours will get picked as the winning banner. Look at the current Banner on the front page. Its not exactly anything special :rolleyes:

Best answers
Well, I'll also enter. I was wondering, can we make more than one image/banner? And can we start posting them now? Oh yeah, is .swf allowed?

JTR

Best answers
Is it OK to use things from 1.3?? Model pics etc..??

Best answers
I think we'ed rather you used stuff from 1.3... considering thats the new standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom