FORUM COMPETITION II

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please read the rules in the first post. -_-;

grOOvy said:
- The only text on the banner anywhere must be the words "Earth's Special Forces". Make a typo and you're disqualified immediately :p .
Don't put words like "VEGETA" or "Half-Life Modification" or "Community Forums" in the banner, we don't want it.

Best answers
verry nice competition.. but it sux.. i will explain.

1. We (the submited users) NEED to use a goku OR a vegeta from ESF and because the goku and vegeta are gonna change in esf 1.3 it`s not wise to use 1.1 or 1.2 model renders... so could a team member post about 10 different renders of goku and vegeta (20 total) with a SOLID background color so that the cutting isn`t that hard. and don`t make the background color the same as ANY of the colors of the model.

that was .1
now for .2

2. WHY only a banner.. the options are pritty limited.. because the buttom of the banner needs to be white in order to fit the "default" forum style.. so isn`t it better to restart the competition with a complete forum skin as competition.. and a extra prise of beta tester (and that developers pit or something like that) for the winner..?? that way there will be alot more people who will submit and it much better for this forum.

3. this thread os open for about 2 days now and it`s even in the main news!!!! and the submitted things really SUCK!!!! sorry to say that.. but it`s true... the designs that are shown here are pritty basic... no extra stuff is in it.. exsept for Xsis.. but that`s only because of that dragonball... the rest of him is basic to.. bit it`s the best one at the moment...

And because i really hate the default style i will make some banners to.. so I`M ENTERING (altho i think my changes are none even if i have the best design because i`m the leader of redsaiyan and greg ORDERED you guys to remove all things from redsaiyan.. not that i will add "©redsaiyan.org" ;) but well.. i give it a try)

AND please hurry with those goku and vegeta renders because i only got about 11 days left at the moment that i write this message... and i WANT the esf 1.3 renders to make a good banner :)

EDIT::..

oke i didn`t saw page 2 :p the first page has sucky banners.. but page 2 has some really nice ones!!.. so sorry guys :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MoZZa said:
The rules state only the words "Earth Special Forces"
Negative
Groovy said:
- The only text on the banner anywhere must be the words "Earth's Special Forces". Make a typo and you're disqualified immediately :p .

Best answers
maxioscar said:
ahahahaha my father make pictures of dragonballz and gt ahahahahahaha ready to lose ;)
What a newb lol. They want renders you moron. And trust me renders and 2d drawn images don't mix i already tried.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got it. I was going to redo it anyway. Thanks for the cleary uppy.

EDIT: And yes, renders and some high-quality logo shots would help lots.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you guys/gals want fresh renders, check out RavenBlade's post :). Thanks for the offer, Raven. o/
Raven Blade said:
Please PM me, or contact me via MSN to obtain custom Vegeta/Goku Renders. Goku has not been publicly viewed so should you choose to have Goku in your banner certain restrictions will reply until I complete the skin.

Please supply details of poses, sizes, character. Your best bet would be to contact me via a messenger then I can give you exactly what you want.
---

Gohanssj2!! said:
verry nice competition.. but it sux.. i will explain.

1. We (the submited users) NEED to use a goku OR a vegeta from ESF and because the goku and vegeta are gonna change in esf 1.3 it`s not wise to use 1.1 or 1.2 model renders... so could a team member post about 10 different renders of goku and vegeta (20 total) with a SOLID background color so that the cutting isn`t that hard. and don`t make the background color the same as ANY of the colors of the model.
Perhaps you should read all the posts in this thread before posting stupidly. Did you read how RavenBlade, a skinner on the ESF team, kindly offered to provide the users with as many renders as needed? And this isn't a baby painting competition on MSPAINT, if you don't like cutting out from normal images please don't make a submission.

Gohanssj2!! said:
that was .1
now for .2

2. WHY only a banner.. the options are pritty limited.. because the buttom of the banner needs to be white in order to fit the "default" forum style.. so isn`t it better to restart the competition with a complete forum skin as competition.. and a extra prise of beta tester (and that developers pit or something like that) for the winner..?? that way there will be alot more people who will submit and it much better for this forum.
How about you let the team decide if we need or want to change the forum skin? We are quite happy with the current default skin, and everyone is used to it as well - so we see no obligation to change. And fat chance you will ever become a beta tester, since you don't even know about the process and how one actually becomes a tester. It's all linked to knowledge of the game/engine, contribution to the community and above all: trust. We're not going to hand over our inteams to a forum competition winner.

Gohanssj2!! said:
3. this thread os open for about 2 days now and it`s even in the main news!!!! and the submitted things really SUCK!!!! sorry to say that.. but it`s true... the designs that are shown here are pritty basic... no extra stuff is in it.. exsept for Xsis.. but that`s only because of that dragonball... the rest of him is basic to.. bit it`s the best one at the moment...

And because i really hate the default style i will make some banners to.. so I`M ENTERING (altho i think my changes are none even if i have the best design because i`m the leader of redsaiyan and greg ORDERED you guys to remove all things from redsaiyan.. not that i will add "©redsaiyan.org" ;) but well.. i give it a try)

AND please hurry with those goku and vegeta renders because i only got about 11 days left at the moment that i write this message... and i WANT the esf 1.3 renders to make a good banner :)

EDIT::..

oke i didn`t saw page 2 :p the first page has sucky banners.. but page 2 has some really nice ones!!.. so sorry guys :p
How about you don't pass negative judgement on other people's banners? The whole purpose of these competitions is to bring the forum users together and to create an active and compassionate community based on mutual trust. Not to turn down other people's hard work. If you don't like what I am saying, keep it to yourself because you are already in hot water - I am going to make sure that someone who disrespected so many people's entries does not win this competition. Have a good day, and if you like visiting these forums, keep your negative comments to yourself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Guest0043 said:
your really not one to talk about people's images because i think you blow my Balls In the design department. you couldn't even make your original website. you had to take over someones already well known website.

pretty sad. so unless you really own in the GFX department i would take your stupid name and stupid comments and shut ur ass

*edit* I forgot to add Please, i don't wanna be rude
Gotta disagree with you there buddy, He's asking questions, and he want's them answered which Gr00vy found answers to, and you're flaming him for that? Man, chill. Also Gohanssj2!!, there is no need to say everyone's banner suck, which I wouldn't be talking because your sigs are bad too.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No more talk about ssj2Gohan!! please, don't spur him into replying and taking this thread off topic. Ty.

sargentsurg said:
hey guys i changed my mind about quiting am i still allowed to compete?
By all means :), anyone can submit their entries uptil 13th December.

Best answers
http://www.gphost.uk8.net/user/Halcyon/images/Vegeta_sj_kv1.jpg
http://www.gphost.uk8.net/user/Halcyon/images/Vegeta_ssj_kv1.jpg

I've been contacted alot for some simple poses. Here are a few angles that might lighten the load on my inbox ^_^;. (Sorry for the big pictures)

Also some of you have asked for specific (more complex poses) which are alot harder to get. So if you PM me with difficult stuff, be prepared to wait.

Also If you want Krillin, there are new renders in the editing forum....

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=50916

Though he is still a WIP, though should be finished today.

Good Luck everyone!

Best answers
How about you don't pass negative judgement on other people's banners? The whole purpose of these competitions is to bring the forum users together and to create an active and compassionate community based on mutual trust. Not to turn down other people's hard work. If you don't like what I am saying, keep it to yourself because you are already in hot water - I am going to make sure that someone who disrespected so many people's entries does not win this competition. Have a good day, and if you like visiting these forums, keep your negative comments to yourself.
Well.. as i said.. it doesn`t mather if i make the best one or not.. it won`t be used here anyway.. and for the HOT WATER... let me guess.. that was because i said i COULD understand if people are gonna **** the esf servers because of greg... i said that i UNDERSTAND IT not that i want to do it.. even if i could do it i won`t because i LIKE esf.

and for the negative judgement... in my edit i said that it was only for the FIRST PAGE.. the second had verry good ones... but than again.. i wish everyone tons of good luck.

And groovy.. i respected you since the beginning but now you are just acting the same like GREG and those moderators who warned me for nothing...

but i still want to give it a shot and make some nice lokking banner for you guys..
and for everyone on page one.. i didn`t mean to turn you all down... sorry for it... so GROOVY if you allow it i want to stay in the competition.

oke.. i said my sorry`s.. now i hope that groovy is gonna take back this part:

I am going to make sure that someone who disrespected so many people's entries does not win this competition.
......i`m wondering.. is this about me or is this because i re-opened redsaiyan.. i think it`s redsaiyan.. you guys just hate me for it that i re-opened it...... anyway.. may the best design win :)

Best answers
...................... I don’t care about RedSaiyan (and) the fact you represent the new RedSaiyan will in no way alter my opinion of your banner. (Now that’s out of the way). Secondly let me just clear some stuff up.

Goku: Has NOT been released, and is NOT finished. He needs model edits and skin edits. Either use the 1.2 Goku (and you will most likely be asked to replace him in the future with the 1.3 Goku (Which wont be hard as you saved the PSD ;))) (or) one of the team members will change it....

gr00vy said:
You (forum user) agree that by submitting your entry to the forum competition, the Earth's Special Forces Team has rights to use the image as the forum banner image for an unlimited period of time in the future. The team can also modify the banner in the future to suit theme changes, without requiring your consent.
........to reflect the current model/skin progress. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but Goku isnt as far along as I remembered. Some issue need to be resolved that require more time than that which has been allotted to this competition.

Currently, should you contact me I can only supply you with basic Vegeta poses (unless you wait), some Complex Krillins poses and shots of Guldo. (as those are the only complete ESF Models & Skins that I have in my possession). There is also a complete Frieza but that resides with Kama..(Note: I offered to supply images via PM. Kama did not, so dont PM him hassling for Frieza images)

Also a few people have contacted me VIA AIM, I have a few issues with AIM where I get disconnected. I have everyone’s name who contact me down, and you will get your images ASAP. (Please remember I am fairly busy)

Also, in regards to the ESF logo. There are multiple places where the ESF logo is used. I cut mine directly out of the banner on the front page, but there are other places you can get it. You just have to do a little work =P.

gr00vy said:
And this isn't a baby painting competition on MSPAINT, if you don't like cutting out from normal images please don't make a submission
Nuff Said.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Quti thinking people are conspiring against you. You've been warned in the past for flaming other users, then you come in here and disrespect other users work, even if it was only "for page one." It doesn't matter. Red-Saiyan has nothing to do with it, f you didn't come in here bashing random stuff, I'm sur eyou would've received a warmer welcome. And that's the last bit of this argument that we'll have, keep the posts with the banners and on topic from here on out.

-Magus

Best answers
thanx magnus. that was just what i wanted to read.

Now. everyone good luck with the banners and may the best one win.
...maybe some SFX idea`s: www.tutorialized.com... good luck to everyone

Best answers
my personal opinion. and my professional opinion

Personal: Use of high tech special effect graphics looks nice on some web sites and people tend to go overboard having banners that consume the whole top half of their web site, just plain stupid. I didn't come to visit your web site to see a nice looking picture i came to find something, i.e information.

Professional: High Tech Effects Wont suit this forum as the current theme is simple so the best looking banner will have to be simple, effective, outline clearly what the web site is about and not to discourage users from the information. Its all good having a flashy looking banner but thats not what a forum is about, its not about how it looks its about the content. I hate unprofessional web designers who if were to work in the real world and not for pleasure, would fail miserable because they don't follow the standards of multimedia and the world wide web. There are standards out there people use them.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Small update on mah behalf.

Fixed the transtion to the bottom cut off on the first:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And made another:
(not happy with the blur at the bottom tho...)

On forum:

@ moz-
Was that aimed at anyone in particular?

Best answers
wheres_warren said:
@ moz-
Was that aimed at anyone in particular?
Nah man no one in particular. Just a generalization. I like your banner man, its simple, tells u exactly what the site it about (ESF) and doesn't overpower the user to keep looking and forget exactly why they came to the forum. Nice work :yes:

I think the one i submitted is a little bit fancy for this forum, i might simplify it abit

Edit:
Reference to my picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom