For What?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was sitting in class today and thought about this forawhile, I actually missed all the notes, and now I'm screwed for the test on Wednesday. Anyways...

I am a High School student, 10th grade.

I'm wondering why people are bullies. Why do you enjoy making other people feel bad, what are you accomplishing by doing this. Why do you absolutely have to be anal to other students. For what?

Why do people act like they are hard? Why do they think that they are better then you because they wear better clothes then you? Why dammit? Why are you so special that your on the basketball team? What's so special about that?
Do you absolutely need to get all the females because of you playing a sport? And your a bench warmer?

Why do black kids think that they are hard as ****? Walking around with sagging pants.. Why? Do you really think that your like a rapper? Why do you wear jewelery? Why do you were fake daimonds for people to like you? They aren't your friends. Why do you need so much attention?

What's the point of being popular? And your getting 0's on homework assignments because you think school work is for geeks? But you still think your the most popular person in school?

What does all this stuff mean? Why the **** is High School like this?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They have a really small scrum-diddly-umptious, and it makes them feel better about themselves.

Best answers
lol.. that's all .. lol, why to whine about life in generic forums? I smell emo~~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
Do you absolutely need to get all the females because of you playing a sport? And your a bench warmer?
Jealousy. Don't blame the jocks if you can't get a girlfriend.

mf29 said:
Why do black kids
Racism. I'm not reading beyond that point.

mf29 said:
What's the point of being popular?
Well it's not as if people don't want to "belong". For instance, what's the point of using an avatar you don't know the origin of?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Jealousy. Don't blame the jocks if you can't get a girlfriend.

Racism. I'm not reading beyond that point.

Well it's not as if people don't want to "belong". For instance, what's the point of using an avatar you don't know the origin of?
Im a black kid, I meant to say other black kids. Im not racist.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only Stupid people are breeding.

Just ignore the idiots. Live your life and act the way you see fit. If they don't like it, ****'em.

Thats about it for my wisdom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A friend of mine lived in residence at the university last year. Her room mate was the prom queen of her high school, was very popular and basically had had it all for the last 3 years of her life. But the thing is, all that popularity didn't count for anything in the real world. She couldn't find a job because she didn't like working more that 4 hours in a row. Whereas she had been treated like some kind of social royalty back home, here she was treated like anyone else. She wasn't able to adapt to a different social dynamic and ended up living almost the entire semester from within her dorm room.

What you're describing was mostly gone by highschool here. The classes were segregated so that all the people who don't care are in another class learning about algebra while everyone else did stuff that wasn't covered in junior high.

Every time they bother you, just think to yourself "Heh, enjoy being a labourer for the next 50 years," because that is the only kind of work people like that are employable for. Study and get into college or university, because people like that just aren't worth thinking about. It may seem like a big deal now, but once you've moved on you'll be able to laugh at how insignificant it seems.

And cheer up. If you need help, Monty Python has written a couple good songs on the subject.

Only Stupid people are breeding.
And the educated have fewer children. The human race is going to stupid itself out of existence.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I don't think the whole "All cool people are going to have crappy jobs! Yeah!" really applies anymore. From my experience, all but a few of the popular people are going into business. Their personalities are actually perfect for the business world.

Stop hating everyone who has what you don't have but want and focus on your own life.

Best answers
MF29, im not gonna bash you (unlike everyone else here), You have a point...

At my Highschool, bullies are non-existent. We dont pick on eachother or none of that ****.

One time, I seen this one kid pick on another kid 3 years younger than him, one of my buddies came up to him, shoved him in the locker, and told him to grow the **** up and to pick on someone with a chance. Moments later, a fight broke out, and my friend, Mike, beat the holy **** out of the kid.

SO, my point is, bullies are dealt with by the rest of the school kids here (about 1500 of us)... which is why bullies are non-existent, and that also eliminates 95% of problems caused at school.

I had a problem kinda like this. My self esteem was super low, because everyone else was popular, had a gf, and other ****. I had nothing, It was so low, that I had no will to live. SOmehow, i figured out how to boost that self esteem, and thats how i've gotten into Bodybuilding.

Now, im popular at school, chances are atleast 80% of the people there know who I am... all because I started to get buff and show off my feats of strength.

My point is, if you have a problem with bullies and not being popular or whatever, find out what could make people notice you more. It just so happened to be bodybuilding for me...... but it maybe different for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I had a problem kinda like this. My self esteem was super low, because everyone else was popular, had a gf, and other ****. I had nothing, It was so low, that I had no will to live. SOmehow, i figured out how to boost that self esteem, and thats how i've gotten into Bodybuilding.

Now, im popular at school, chances are atleast 80% of the people there know who I am... all because I started to get buff and show off my feats of strength.
so what your saying is, nobody actually likes YOU, they just like what you can do?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
MF29, im not gonna bash you (unlike everyone else here), You have a point...

At my Highschool, bullies are non-existent. We dont pick on eachother or none of that ****.

One time, I seen this one kid pick on another kid 3 years younger than him, one of my buddies came up to him, shoved him in the locker, and told him to grow the **** up and to pick on someone with a chance. Moments later, a fight broke out, and my friend, Mike, beat the holy **** out of the kid.

SO, my point is, bullies are dealt with by the rest of the school kids here (about 1500 of us)... which is why bullies are non-existent, and that also eliminates 95% of problems caused at school.

My point is, if you have a problem with bullies and not being popular or whatever, find out what could make people notice you more. It just so happened to be bodybuilding for me...... but it maybe different for you.
Read: If people don't like you for who you are, figure out what they DO like, and then do that. People should like you for your personality, not your "feats of strength" and crashing into trees on your 4x4.

I wasn't that "popular" in high school so to speak, I had my close circle of about 20 friends, but beyond that, I didn't care about anyone elses business, nor did I care that they didn't care about mine. I was perfectly fine with that, I had some of the best times of my life in High School -- so I thought.

Now that I'm in university, the amount of people I have that I would actually call my "friends" are less than half of that. Sure I have acquaintances, people I wave to on the way to class, or sit beside, or have a pint with at the bar. But I can probably count on one hand, the number of people I would call a true friend. And looking back on high-school, some of those guys I would never have considered my friends by my standards now.

Want to know how you find out who your true friends are? Get ripped off your ass passed out nasty drunk at a bar. Then you'll see who really has your back and cares if you make it home ok at night.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
so what your saying is, nobody actually likes YOU, they just like what you can do?
True, they like what I can do. But when they took notice, they took the time to know me and become friends.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hamppu said:
lol yeah :eek: qft
word.

Also, yes, bullies simply want attention. Stay away from them. They are very mean.
What are you reading this for?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I don't care anything about being popular in school, Im just asking what is the actual point, Being popular isn't the only way to boost your self - esteem either.

Best answers
mf29 said:
I don't care anything about being popular in school, Im just asking what is the actual point, Being popular isn't the only way to boost your self - esteem either.
Well, to some people, it is the only way to build esteem.... but most dont worry about it.

Most people (atleast here in Michigan) like it when a lot of people know them and like them. It beats being a loser without any friends. Would you rather be the guy that only some people like, or the guy that many people like?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id rather be a person that 1 other person likes for who i am.

not a peron that everyone "likes" for what ive done to please them.

hey opti, my mother still hasnt learned that yet... HAHAHAHAHA

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:

Indeed so, Popularity in school is the epitome of BS, Iv'e figured that out early.

Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:

Whatever floats your boat Gir.

Oh, and for the record, I didnt do a damn thing to "please" anyone.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's all about superiority. People who bully others try to find flaws in the other person and then exploit it. The "jocks" exploit others lack of physical fitness, the "gangsters" exploit others lack of "hardness", etcetera. That also explains that bullying is also caused by someone not being like someone else.

I used to be made fun of all the time, and I still am, it's nothing that you should get worked up over. One of the many things is that people associate my size (me being stocky/husky) with my fighting ability (though I've never fought anyone before). They always claim that they can knock me out like I was nothing, why? Because I'm big, I'm something that would be worth bragging about if they were to knock me out or at least fight me.

I figured the more popular you are, the more people would want to find a way of being superior to you. Whenever you have someone that is considered more popular than you, then you feel inferior, so then you would want to feel superior in some way whether it be direct or by doing your own thing and not caring about what's going on around you.

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that popularity and having millions of friends is pointless. Once you're out of school trying to make a living, you won't even see 1/5 of the people you were friends with. Not to mention all of that popularity was for nothing since an employer doesn't care how popular you were in school. Last time I checked, being popluar in high school won't make your resume look any better.

I also forgot the mention that today, a kid brought a loaded firearm to my school. The kid from what I heard was bullied on a daily basis, so yesterday he snapped and threatened whoever was picking on him at the time.

Also if anyone's interested, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom