For What?

Best answers
MC said:
Once you're out of school trying to make a living, you won't even see 1/5 of the people you were friends with.
**** dude, less than that. I'll probably only see my closest friends and thats it when I finish school. And it'll only be in college, since all of us are going to the same college.... Central Michigan University. Im going for my Bachelors, then going somewhere else.

Best answers
Be happy you all have friends ;_;

Nono, I'm a geeky little white kid doing nothing else but going to university (master, *grin*), doing stuff on pc, watching tv, doing art, playing guitar.. I don't benchpress, I can't lift sean, I don't have a driver's licence, 90% of my school doesn't even know me, I've never been in a fight or even pushed/punched someone (well, in kiddyschool, but that's what everybody does there), I'm as asocial as a human being can get (sit on bus, headphones on, music loud, ignoring everyone and everything around you)..

Yet, I have about 6-7 friends that've stuck with me for years now.. We don't even meet very often (maybe 2 times per month, max) because we live quite far away.. But I know they're my friends.. How do I know? No idea, I just know..

Popularity means ****.. I bet even a stinky dead rat has more real friends than most of the "popular" types on schools..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me, I never got sucked into the popularity game. Of course, I've never even been on a date, so I'm nobody to ask about women. My advice, is just worry about your own troubles and screw the rest. Make friends, be cool with people, and if someone decides to f*** with you? Dish out as much sarcasm about their stupid attempts to get you riled for whatever sick pleasures they get about and and realize that you're above them simply for the fact that you're their chosen victim. The worst form of group harassment for me is when they try to talk to you like it's a friendly conversation, but the way they speak and the questions they ask subtly (though obviously) play as if you were an idiot that didn't realize he was being mocked.

Me, I think I was invisible throughout high school. Or at least I acted as so. Most people seemed to know me though simply based off my constant participation in class, and that I would debate openly with teachers on subjects like global warming. I got by as the nice guy that everyone could talk to and depend on, but otherwise didn't stand out that much more.

And you know what? Popularity power struggles are for morons! Have you noticed that in almost any television show or movie that's based off moving up in the inconsequential pecking order that is the high school population, that the people who are more concerned about their reputation at school always have a scene in the show/movie where their parents confront them about crappy grades? There's truth to that, believe me. You're better off not getting involved. It's not like your high school rep does anything for you later in life. Chances are you'll never see your graduating class again until the 5 year reunion after high school. So just F-'em, stick to what's important, and be happy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's simple evolution. Ever heard of the "Alpha Male" man? That's all it is, that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Take high school for what it is. Make some decent friends, try have a decent time, and at least make an attempt to learn it. Cause once it's over, man it's gone, and you will be surprised just how little it means if all you did was dwell on stuff that could've been attained elsewhere throughout its duration.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
I'm wondering why people are bullies. Why do you enjoy making other people feel bad, what are you accomplishing by doing this. Why do you absolutely have to be anal to other students. For what?
Being one of the students that does what u describe, simply put, because it's fun. It's not anything else, it's just fun. The whole thing about "It's because they aren't happy with themselves" thing is what your parents tell you to sleep better at night. Trust me, i've laughed myself to sleep many a time remembering your binder falling to the floor in the middle of a crowded hallway.

Why do people act like they are hard? Why do they think that they are better then you because they wear better clothes then you? Why dammit? Why are you so special that your on the basketball team? What's so special about that? Do you absolutely need to get all the females because of you playing a sport? And your a bench warmer?
Because we are better... we have the social skills and the want to teamwork to band together with other people to compete and we have the self respect and knowledge to dress well and groom ourselves. I don't see how there's anything wrong with that. And why do you blame us for not being able to get a girl? There are tonnes out there, you can't tell me we took them all. That's just finding excuses for your own short comings.

Why do black kids think that they are hard as ****? Walking around with sagging pants.. Why? Do you really think that your like a rapper? Why do you wear jewelery? Why do you were fake daimonds for people to like you? They aren't your friends. Why do you need so much attention?
It's called fashion.. it's the style. Why did your parents wear beads and not take showers? That's just what their generation did, it was their style. And that's what we're doing. Get over it.

What's the point of being popular? And your getting 0's on homework assignments because you think school work is for geeks? But you still think your the most popular person in school?
I really don't get this. Alot of the "jocks" (haha welcome to the 70's) are probably the best students in your classes. For the simple reason, we have the discipline in our lives to do so. We know the deadlines for sports, and we know the deadlines for schoolwork. Hell you can't be on a team if you don't have a certain average at most schools. Check it out, maybe you'll learn something.

What does all this stuff mean? Why the **** is High School like this?
Cause you need reasons to believe that your unfufilling life isn't your fault.

And you're only grade 10.. stop crying and wait till you mature a bit.
If you know who I am and have taken this post seriously, I weep for you. Much love, <3<3<3xoxoxo - Kama

Best answers
They are people who dont care what other people feel... They need thing to laugh about, but lack sense of humour to actually think of anything funny. Then they choose a person (probably person who looks different, talks different, or hangs out in different group) and bully him to make themselfs have fun. Well i wasnt actually that inpopular in school i had few enemies there but most of school was friendly with me.
I'd say stay with your friends and make yourself comfortable. If the bullies come to piss you off, just tell them to piss off.
School is about making good friends and ignoring bullies. They are both hard tasks but you just have to deal with it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You could sit around being emo all day, or you could get out there and do something with your life~ Once you leave high school you'll realise just how much larger the world is (and how many strange foreign beers that are just begging to intoxicate you o/)

If you want to be emo, that's your choice, but you might as well write songs or something to try and make some money off it... Or you could start a social networking site for your fellow emos and flog it off to news corp. for a boatload of coin >.>

o/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of you misunderstand, I wasn't crying, im not mad, I just have un-answered questions.

Best answers
I went through a similair thing during middle school. Not so much in High School because most people seem to grow up around then.

At first it hurts. But you have to look at it this way. If you just be yourself, not act like someone else, and people still pick on you for it then it's just a constant reminder that you're better than those people. Better because of the fact you don't have to rip on people to feel good about yourself. The problem is these people that are lower on the intellect chain than you or I are still able to procreate.

Why do black kids think that they are hard as ****? Walking around with sagging pants.. Why? Do you really think that your like a rapper? Why do you wear jewelery? Why do you were fake daimonds for people to like you? They aren't your friends. Why do you need so much attention?
I often ask myself a similair question. As I believe that rap is one of the many causes tearing the black people apart. But I'm white, and I really couldn't answer a question like that unless I was black. I would guess it's just fashion, trends, etc. I hate rap and it's culture, I believe it promotes a culture of destruction. However there are people out there that like rap, and are sensible people, and wouldn't "slap *****es and hoes," just because they hear it from a song.

As far as sports goes, most people that play high school sports do it because they genuinely like it. Not for popularity. I think your view on that is far too negative. I never played hockey for popularity. I did it because I loved to play hockey.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do black kids think that they are hard as ****? Walking around with sagging pants.. Why? Do you really think that your like a rapper? Why do you wear jewelery? Why do you were fake diamonds for people to like you? They aren't your friends. Why do you need so much attention?
Yeah about that. I know you said you're black, as well as I, but I walk around in baggy pants and have my share of rings (silver, not platinum. I don't need THAT much bling). But the last thing I want to be categorized in is as a gangsta or rapper. Those two archetypes don't always make us black people feel like we can do something in the world besides entertainment (however, not to say it's impossible, just look at Jay-Z and Diddy).

I am in 11th grade. My older brother got me into echo and I have family in the city and it looks nice, but I never go over-the-top with it. But the things you described isn't really to feel like their the **** or to get people to like them. It's just their style. Maybe their friends dress that way, maybe it's where the grew up and I personsonality think some will force themselves sometimes to dress that way because they don't want to be called an 'oreo'.

In highschool, lots of teenagers want to be social and just have fun. The things you are describing are very cliche and I hope for the school's sake that it's not like that. Mine isn't much like that. Bad grades are just lack of attention, they don't do it because studying is for geeks, they do it because they don't want to do it, are too busy, or just forget.

When one kid makes fun of the other, I admit I see no gain in this unless they are just messin around with a friend, people do that. But they usually either just don't give a **** or think they aren't doing any harm.

Now if we are talking middle school/elementary school, THEN it might apply. But kids then can be very ignorant, naive, and superficial. They don't know what they want. A lot of them can't really ask themselves "Why Am I Being An Ass" and come up with something rational and not "because" or "I don't care". It's a shame at this level too, because those who get hit hard can be affected into their later lives.

I think most of the things you said are cliche and partially unrealistic, but people in High School do and think some pretty stupid ****. But it's highschool, and I personally think there should be higher standards for some behavior, but what really matters is how things will be in the real world. As for now, I'm just enjoying the ride =D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys i'm black too! I can be racist! I'm also 14/f with double DD's just waiting for you for some hot and heavy action! Come and get it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't get this. Alot of the "jocks" (haha welcome to the 70's) are probably the best students in your classes. For the simple reason, we have the discipline in our lives to do so. We know the deadlines for sports, and we know the deadlines for schoolwork. Hell you can't be on a team if you don't have a certain average at most schools. Check it out, maybe you'll learn something.
Actually Kama this is totally not what I've seen, especially in private school, because since the athletes' games get the school extra cash they seldom if ever would want to actually kick someone off the team for poor grades. The solution is that the grades get fudged just enough to be tolerable, or they give some last minute extre cred type **** or "make-up work."

I went to four different schools and saw this at all of them, worse though at the private ones where money was necessary more.

I've also never met somebody who survived through high school on sports that wasn't at least somewhat dense. But that is mostly because they spent all that time sniffing all those OC's...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny every school i've ever gone to, which were a total of 3 high schools, I've never seen bullies, jocks, nerds, or anything of the sort. I have, however, seen different cliques and styles in school, different genre's. You have the jocks, the goths, the preps, the meterosexuals, the average kid, the gangsta's, etc.

But nothing so stereotypical as what you said. First things first, not all jocks get the girls. Good thing I never went to your school. Second, the emo's don't try to kill themselves everyday and fail miserably at it. Third the goth's don't hate the world and take it out on everyone else, so when you try to say "hey man hows it going?" They don't say "**** you you ****ing ****er prick ******* i'm going back to listening to slipknot", no they reply "hey what's up?" or something.

You need to get that stereotypical attitude out of your head. Or move.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mf29 said:
I'm wondering why people are bullies. Why do you enjoy making other people feel bad, what are you accomplishing by doing this. Why do you absolutely have to be anal to other students. For what?
People are bullies for two reasons, first is short term power trip, when you're put into a school heirarchy (teachers -> pupils) people will automatically try to learn how to define their roles to learn how to cope with their social position, some people dont know any better than to belittle others and make themselves feel/act superior, it is a comfort thing, regardless of what Kama said, just as being a geek and doing all things intellegent and staying away from sports is a comfort thing too. Lack of empathy and understanding is the second reason, they'll suffer for it, wether they realise it or not.

Why do people act like they are hard? Why do they think that they are better then you because they wear better clothes then you? Why dammit? Why are you so special that your on the basketball team? What's so special about that?
Answered above prettymuch, people need to try and establish their place in the big social mess that is school. When I went through school the more everyone got to know each other in the year the more everyone chilled out and things like that no longer became any kinda problem, by the last year and you find yourself talking to people you'd have never given a chance when you first came to school. This is because everybody is more sure and confident about their position and they've developed more respect and knowledge about individuals.

Do you absolutely need to get all the females because of you playing a sport? And your a bench warmer?
Not too sure what you mean by this exactly, people who venture for girls are the ones who get them really, showing you're a fine physical specimine is one thing you can do to get attention, maybe a bit shallow but if its the only way you know, who can blame you?

There are so many reasons for this its not true, I'll just try to brush over the subject. - **** that actually I was writing for 20 mins then and i still think people would've hassled me for it so i'll be short and sweet- they are guilty by association from a young age, this becomes a self-forfilling prophecy, this leads them into feeling its easier to relate to that culture. Inevitably the feelings and justifications of what you mentioned above are something to be proud about. If i remember the sociological theory, I'll letcha know =P

What's the point of being popular? And your getting 0's on homework assignments because you think school work is for geeks? But you still think your the most popular person in school?
Some people excell in social area's others in intellegance, some both. Being popular is a form of self affirmation, Its not much harder to grasp than that.

What does all this stuff mean? Why the **** is High School like this?
Its a microcosm of society, but it also expands into a backwards society at the start (at least the schools in england) by the end of school, thing's will have settled down and everyone will be a lot more easy going, because all of us learn the concequences of our actions, and we learn our place.

I come off as too preachy, I know, but dont hurt me for it. I'd also like to point out, we're all from different places in the world here, so I wouldnt be suprised if you dont encounter the same things as mentioned in this thread. For instance, in our school there were more indians than whites, and for a certain period of time, the white kids were bullied heavily. Something im sure in your schools isnt likely to happen, but there are always reasons and you'd be suprised how common they are.

Best answers
I wear baggy pants cause I like them :(

You'll actually find that life changes alot after school. All the idiots you once knew are no longer idiots because they had their face smashed in by a bloke half their size at the local pub when they decided to be a hard ****.

And anyone who doesn't change for the better is still awaiting the glorious day that is; The local pub. :laff:

All in all David summed it up pretty well though.

Kama said:
Hey guys i'm black too! I can be racist! I'm also 14/f with double DD's just waiting for you for some hot and heavy action! Come and get it!
Hey, hey! Way to spam

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
just don't give a **** what people think about you, meet some people you like, and don't say anything to get pwned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom