fog

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey there guys,
hey you know when u got openGL mode on and u go under water,
you see everything foggy.

would it be possible to make that fog above water?
that would be cool!
it would make esf look really great! all houses and rocks and stuff
coming out of the fog when you fly to it..
pcjoe could probably make it...

Best answers
While me and Zero want fog in (campaign for it way back earlier this year and even had it at one point before it got taken out), it's one of those "things to do in another release" right now. Sorry :)

Best answers
if it used particles, then it would be as laggy as a smoke grenade on cs.. and that drops my constant 99 fps to bout 30 :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
isnt fog already in???

i mean isnt that fog in mtside??

unless im mistake it is fog and that would tend to make one beleave that fog is already in...

Best answers
err...have you played mtside recently?? I removed the "fog", which wasn't the type of fog me and Dude was referring too. We're talking about the game engine making the fog that actually acts as a vis blocker...the fog I used was nothing more than map created, though I must admit it was some pretty good damn fog :) Might put it back in too...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it should so go back in cause it was cool to see the valleys laced in fog and the towers rising up very cewl to see ingame

would be very cool if u could make dynamic fog where when u shot a beam it would delete some of the fog leaving a huge hole in the fog (but im sure thats impossible with out huge lag spikes so oh well.. )

Best answers
I originally had water where the fog was and it was really cool...but the fps you got wasn't cool at all so the water got scrapped for the fog. Then the fog got scrapped for more tree's I tinks. :) Oh yea...this is definately one of those maps where computer power will be most appreciated ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would be cool if u could put in trees and fog :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom