Flight Simulators Caused 9/11... Wait what?

Best answers
Dont worry, if one is not dumb as a tree stump it can always find something to complain abaut.
Or eaven make stuff up.

Any way abaut kids less agressive cause of violent video games -> "Better out than in."
And what better way to extract agresion, rage and hatred from your self than to beat a virtual human in to a bleeding cotlet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"You are what you pretend to be"

Ah hell yeah. That' means I'm currently a punk rock bard who can control wind and wears pink power ranger armor. **** yeah.
And im the prince of persia!

Its not really that they want something to complain about. Its that they would rather blame video games and entertainment for bad parenting and troubled kids. Rather then accepting that maybe the parents are to blame or that the kid is just a ****ed up kid.

Its easier to blame a faceless media classification then a person.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mmmm violent sex...

anywho, enough with the 9/11 crap already? conspiracy theories are only fun for a while =]
Did you even watch the video? This has little to do with 9/11 besides the thread title =P.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People act out their aggression in video games. Its like having a punching bag to act upon if you get pissed off.

Now if you don't have anything to let your anger out. It builds up and explodes. Ive been through that myself ^^

The urge to smash someones face in doesn't come from a video game. It comes from human instincts. Grab the first thing you see and smash the guys brains in. ^^

Guns were a plague since they were invented. So you cant blame games on that eather.

Its like saying people don't kill people. Guns do. But in fact thats wrong. Its the people who use the guns for their selfish acts. Guns by themselves are harmless. Same goes for games.

There were no games in before 1960 and there were 2 world wars. Gona blame that on games to?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have difficulty noticing sarcasm when it's used over the internet, but to me, Chakra-X's sarcasm wasn't obvious to me. Not to mention that there has been studies that concluded that violent video games have caused a rise in the crime rate, but from what I last read, that was proven false, and that violent crimes have actually declined.
There is actually a chart taken from the FBI's website that shows a declining youth violent crime rate over the last ten years. Some clever soul actually once overlayed this with the release dates of all the grand theft autos, which actually universally occured during low points on the graph...

Take it for what it's worth. We're surrounded; on one side we have these advertising whores who want to interrupt our play and exploit us because we have abandoned their other preferred mediums; on the other, we have these complete idiots who think we are all a bunch of crazed maniacs waiting for our preferred day before snapcasing.

I'm so sick of it man. I just want to play a ****ing game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh oh. Pride, take a few deep breaths and count to 10 man. Oh god...he's going to kill all of us. If only he hadn't played video games. If only!

It's so easy to place the blame on something as ridiculous as video games. Frankly, we've had this discussion a thousand times so I'm not going to bother cycling through the old arguements. Someone needs to prove violent tendencies are a matter of genetics and bad parenting. Pronto.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There were no games in before 1960 and there were 2 world wars. Gona blame that on games to?
There's Chess and Go, two games centered entirely around violence and death that have been around for centuries. Not only were they responsible for the world wars, but for the civil war, the revolutionary war, and the Crusades.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Chess, you capture pieces silly. No one ever dies. Ever.

Seriously, I got reprimanded for saying I was killing my opponents men when I first started playing chess. Chess isn't designed to teach people to kill. It's designed to teach you to outmanuever your enemy when you're already on the battlefield. Infantry can only go forwards, Calvary can only move in an L-formation, Queens > Kings, and Bishops always get you when you're not looking, all just like in real life.. I don't why rooks even move, but be careful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In Chess, you capture pieces silly. No one ever dies. Ever.

Seriously, I got reprimanded for saying I was killing my opponents men when I first started playing chess. Chess isn't designed to teach people to kill. It's designed to teach you to outmanuever your enemy when you're already on the battlefield. Infantry can only go forwards, Calvary can only move in an L-formation, Queens > Kings, and Bishops always get you when you're not looking, all just like in real life.. I don't why rooks even move, but be careful.
Pfft. Those are the T rated rules. Try the M rated version, It's a different game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a marble board with ivory pieces =/ I think the only M-rated thing involved with my board was the slaughtering of elephants.

Anyway, Chess isn't about taking out every single piece on the battlefield. You want the battle to be quick and you don't want to sustain heavy casualties. However, just like in real wars, if one of your soldiers makes it to the enemy hq, he magically transforms into a Queen.

Trust me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, look at it from the bright side!
atleast we can now watch movies withouth that being blamed for violence =]

Dont worry, soon enough some jap dude will come up with a new media (Robots or something) and that THAT will be blamed and games will be safe again.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
However, just like in real wars, if one of your soldiers makes it to the enemy hq, he magically transforms into a Queen.

Trust me.
I suppose that's a result of the prison camp.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like Synth has been reading my diary. Good times.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That gave me a mental chucke =)

Ashame that this effort is being wasted on videogames and violence. Now if it focused more of cognitive effects, then that's a different story.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or badly planned interruptions during a team-member's dialogue with the enemy >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A queen? Great. Now games make you *** too!

Burn all games!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is madness! How could our parents let us play with such vile toys? I demand we get the representation we all deserve. I demand Jack Thompson lead the way in our crusade against the video game industry. If only I hadn't been so young and innocent when they first began to manipulate me into doing horrible things. If only the creators of Doom had given those Columbine kids the chance they deserved! If only they hadn't made Hitler play Wolfenstein, forcing him to believe he had to defend himself and his nation from The One.

Damn them. Damn them all. We didn't stand a chance.

Any who, I'm thinking the videogame situation might be slightly better off if idiots stopped using the "I played GTA 10 minutes before I killed everyone" excuse. It only serves to fuel the wardogs. Until parents are actually educated on the matter, political and religious figures will be able to play on their emotions and manipulate them into supporting absurd laws and what have you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I HATE, with the burning fire of a thousand sons, modern parents. This is only one of many reasons.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Pride, are you telling us we should burn 1000 first-born sons?

Are you mad?! Look what videogames have done to this poor lost soul!

Where does it end, videogame industry? Where does it end?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right. At some point, it's going to be up to the children to inform their parents. Yes, I'm sure many of the kids will trick their parents into thinking "Murder Death Kill 3: Super Killing Bloody Genital Attack" is a cutesy game, but there really isn't another way. You inform one group of parents, they inform others, and so on and so forth. At some point, what Pastor Bob and and Senator Stan say won't matter because the parents will know the truth of the matter.

Then again, I'm pretending people aren't stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom