First sprites

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by SuperMajinGogeta4: Looks great man!
rofl. dude, theres a box around the sprite.

its just a dot... then you held shift and made a line. then you smudged the circle :)

err i'm glad your learning how to make sprites and put them into a game, but try to make something better next time. at least animate the explosion sprite, and make the dot brush so its NOT touching the edge of the canvas. thats how you fix the "box" effect.

Best answers
look again ass. If you wanna see something crappy look at this.
Bboy_Budokai said:
I mean what the hell?!?!? did draw it then have your period all over your scanner when you scanned it. WTF?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
look again ass. If you wanna see something crappy look at this. I mean what the hell?!?!? did draw it then have your period all over your scanner when you scanned it. WTF?
Ooooh, those are so amazing, let me have your kids so we can both teach them basic photoshopping techniques!

Learn to accept and apply criticism instead of having a childish temper tantrum when someone tries to help you improve your work. He's right, they're really basic, and don't look that much different from the default ones anyway. Try experimenting, and learn how to take criticism.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kasey said:
look again ass. If you wanna see something crappy look at this. I mean what the hell?!?!? did draw it then have your period all over your scanner when you scanned it. WTF?
Look, just calm down. If you post a thread asking for crits, you're going to have to expect some negative comments - not everyone will like your work.

Despite that, you should have known better. Have a warning for flaming :warning:

Best answers
I can take criticism. I was just asking what happened to his signature thats all.
Oh and although you might be im not a queer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ignore them, Kasey. They're giving you a hard time for no reason. For your first sprite, you did a good job. especially on the edited versions.

Some people apparently don't know how to rate something in a more rational way. And cleary they require perfection on the first attempt. This is your very first sprite, and as your very first sprite, I think its very good.

But I will say, the start sprite doesn't look all too great. It looks all..."flowery." Keep a more circular look.

As for the explosion sprite, I'm not a fan of it. But if you like fiery explosions, then I suppose it works. It just depends on your tastes.

Remember...I started off my spriting career with Dodon Ray for Tien...which was accurate, butsimple. Tri-beam was second and it was much harder. No one is a pro spriter from the start. Consider this a good time to experiment and keep up the pace, and soon you'll be making some nice looking sprites.

And again...if anyone gives you a hard time, don't get mad. Just ask them to make something better if they have a problem with it. Thats what I did to people that put down my tri-beam. And I have yet to see anything from them ;)

Best answers
First sprite? Thats a really awesom job! I like the explosion, keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom