first model

Best answers
well since i saw so many new modelers out here i decided to post my crappy model i've made. It's my first model ever made, i 'tried' the joan of arc tutorial to learn something more about modelling and decided to make a model from davidskwans ref so credit to him. I made it by extruding some boxes and the sides arent connected basically because i dont know how to ( always get no vertices within treshold message). The bottom part is to big but i wanted to make it more proportional to the huge chest. I dont know if am going to tweak things or go on because ... well im al real noob :p at this. Tell me what you think please

Best answers
its a pretty nice model for a begginer (which am gessing you are, no offence if your not :p)

i would try and use almighty girs tut (its found in the top area in the stickeys of this forum :O)

trust me his tut is great, and i suggest you read that :D

anyway, baout the model it looks pretty good, could use some more definition and it looks a little flat, but still it look pretty good ^_^

i think you should carry on with it and make it as good as you can :D

good job

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it actually looks like a clean flow, but very very out of proportion, are you using referance pictures? those help a lot.

Bolteh2

B
a human body is not square..

that's the best help i can offer at this moment

Best answers
thx guys for the response.il try to get more practice and tweak this big guy with the lovly booty :)

@ sephiroth_nightmare :
none taken because its my first one ever ;) , only previous ones i made were the head from joan of arc tut and her leg, but when i got to the crotch area it got rather complicated and had to quit( like you see on my model :rolleyes: ) and yeah i was planning to do Almighty's tutorial after i finished this

@Almighty_gir:
yeah i used the ones of davidskwan in the sticky but they were all in parts so i had to guess the proportions of the legs a little

@ bolteh
i know it rather boxy but what should i do then add more polies or learn another method or something. Sorry rather new at this

oh yeah and could someone teach me how to weld the 2 sides together because thats something i cant do

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that will be coming later in my tutorial. attatch one side to the other (if your mirroring) so that it becomes one object. then select all the vertecies down the center, right click, and hit weld.

Best answers
here is a little update i proportioned the lower body made some feet ,new arms also ( not so good ) and a head from joan of arc tut

but why are the legs so blocky in comparison with the upper area??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey the head is pretty good, but the arms compared to the legs is very very unporpotional

you can ethier scale down the upper body and legs.....orrrrr you can scale up your arms and head to have a fat jolly fellow :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehm/... you didnt make that head did you...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...or did he, hmmmm.. ;D

i seriously dought it, its so high polied compared to the low poly, deformed body (no offence). just try and make ur own head :]

Best answers
I made the head but by following the joan of arc tutorial step by step. i could show you some evidence if you dont believe me. I just showed it to complete the model a bit because i cant make a head by myself
The body i made without a tutorial.

Deformed ? Damn :cry:

;)

Best answers
hey made the torso again following Almighty Gir's great tutorial

i think it turned out good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your improving. The model is ok still needs work though. nice though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom