First colouring

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah as the title says, this is the first time that i do a colour from a black and white image so any tips would be great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not bad for a first time, but I'm thinking things should be a lot brighter. I like how the blue glow of the Kamehameha (at least I'm assuming it's a KHH) shows on his clothes - but I think it's just too dark. The blue hue on his hair looks really odd, and his hair should be much, much brighter, and apply a bit more contrast to the different shades. :3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah! That's what I meant! Looks great to me! :3 I don't really know what else to say about it, maybe other people will have some good crits. <3

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well dude, i'll be honest with you. It looks more like skinning than painting. Much better than my first coloring job though o/.

The blue ball isn't the only source of light, unless it is dark, and on your pic, it doesn't look dark. You must pick where the other lightsource will be, and make the ball + that clash, which in turn makes more shadows.

Also, unless im mistaken, I see perhaps one, two, possible three painting colors. It shows up good, but I'd paint with at least 4 colors.

Plus, the body makes shadows as well as the light sources.

I'm no professional though, and I could be wrong on all of those points. But i r only tryeh to helpeh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom