Firewall stuff

Best answers
How do I configure my firewall to allow ESF and all those other counter-strike/halflife/condition zero games so I can be able to host servers?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try placing your computer in the DMZ, or forwarding the ports that HL uses from the router's control program.

Each router is different, so you'll have to check your documentation.

Best answers
for warcraft I had to configure it like allow ports 6112-6118 and that allowed hosting

Best answers
so does anyone know the port ranges for all the Half Life/Counter-Strike games?

Best answers
I have the same problem, I have no clue how to configure ports (i dont even know what a port is). and how do you get to routers control program ahhhhhh

Best answers
this is what I do when I need to open a port on my router for windows xp. go to start>run. type in "cmd" when that window comes up and msdos should popup
then type in ipconfig in the msdos window. This should display your IP and some other stuff. Get the IP number and type it into internet explorer like this: http://255.255.255.0 or however yours shows up. it'll be different numbers. when the configuration window comes up you have to figure out which one configures the incoming information firewall

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you ONLY need to open 27015

Best answers
I already had that open from the list of services programmed into the firewall, but I'll add a custom one with the same stuff. If this dosn't work I might need details like is it port fowarding or that other option I get, UDP or TCP, stuff like that

Best answers
But it didn't work for CZ, but I guess I can find it myself and add it to the port range

Best answers
Nevermind norton firewall, it didn't do anything. just that one time no one joined.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

OHH PRETTY IMAGE. I WONDER WHAT IT DOES.

*on topic*
You probally don't have a good enough conncetion to host. DSL IS NOWEHRE NEAR ENOUGH. I have a 512k line, and Satan did a caulcation that I could only hold 1.5 people on my line without lag. It is just easer to join a server that isnt too far away from you.

Best answers
DSL IS NOWEHRE NEAR ENOUGH
You don't know wtf you're talkin about, I have DSL and I've been hosting up to 8 people without lag with people from the UK and from accross the country. You either did your so called "calculations" wrong or you have a really high traffic connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom