Firefox 1.5

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone notice a significant increase in crashes since previous builds of Firefox? It used to be rare for Firefox to crash on me once a day, maybe once every few days. Now, it seems rare for Firefox not to crash at least three times a day.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was beginning to think it was instability on my computer, but if you're seeing the same thing, then maybe it's firefox's fault. I have the same problem as you. Often, I'll exit and have to use task manager to close it down.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. I was actaully looking for a place to download the last version since this one crashes so damn much. I am glad to hear its not just me though.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
I was beginning to think it was instability on my computer, but if you're seeing the same thing, then maybe it's firefox's fault. I have the same problem as you. Often, I'll exit and have to use task manager to close it down.
When you try to open a new browser and it tells you Firefox is already open and you have to end the process in the task manager to get rid of the message?

Happens at least once a day.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's been pissing me off lately. It seems I can't have more than one instance of firefox open for more than a few minutes or else it crashes, I can't see certain movie-type things on sites or else I'll crash, and if I'm on for more than an hour it'll crash.

I've been forced to resort to IE for things like posting long messages because I'm afraid firefox will crash and all of my work will go POOF!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o.0 I don't get any errors at all. that's odd. I use 1.5 too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a bunch of errors with that beta version a little while back, I was gonna try out the actual new version, but it seems that all the same problems still exist. I think i'll just stick with the older one.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't had more than a couple of crashes since I upgraded to 1.5 a while back, and I tend to have numerous windows up with multiple tabs.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you go to download.com they will have different versions of firefox (that's where I went when I decided to venture into testing 1.5 in it's beta & rc stages).

I don't notice it much, but it is more likely to crash on me when you consider the fact that that I have my pc overclocked, & overclocking can account for some apps crashing (also dependent on the vcore of a cpu, or the voltage, fsb speed & or multipler you put your cpu at, same goes for memory in simlar aspects).

I would suggest running Superpi and see if you do crash, even if your running you pc on stock speeds, or maybe there could be a error in your ram (most generic sticks get like that too if you bought some cheap memory).

One thing for sure though is firefox will always crash when the so called "quality feed back agent pops up". More like "quality pc crashing" to me atleast. Just do a reinstall and untick the feed back agent or disable it, that should stop some of the crashes ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why I'm still using 1.0.7. I'm waiting for them to get rid of all the bugs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
if you go to download.com they will have different versions of firefox (that's where I went when I decided to venture into testing 1.5 in it's beta & rc stages).

I don't notice it much, but it is more likely to crash on me when you consider the fact that that I have my pc overclocked, & overclocking can account for some apps crashing (also dependent on the vcore of a cpu, or the voltage, fsb speed & or multipler you put your cpu at, same goes for memory in simlar aspects).

I would suggest running Superpi and see if you do crash, even if your running you pc on stock speeds, or maybe there could be a error in your ram (most generic sticks get like that too if you bought some cheap memory).

One thing for sure though is firefox will always crash when the so called "quality feed back agent pops up". More like "quality pc crashing" to me atleast. Just do a reinstall and untick the feed back agent or disable it, that should stop some of the crashes ;).
Good to see you're taking a tick out of my book again, but sorry, that's probably not going to happen here as it's not just overclocked systems crashing, but multiple ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom