Finding an American (military?) address...

Best answers
My parents know somebody that married an American woman that was an officer in the American army. When the married, they started going from America to Germany and back all the time (her base was in Germany). Each year, around newyear, we receive a card of them wishing us a good newyear and christmas etcetc.. Now, those letters/cards never have a returnaddress on them, so we can never send something back, that's quite frustrating to my parents, because they want to write them back.

Anyway, this year we received a card, but this time it had an address on it (at least I think so), it was something like this:

Names
CMR 123 BOX 1234
APO AE 12345
(the numbers have been changed due to privacy)

So I think this is the address we can write them back at.. But we don't know if we have to send a card/letter to that address, or if we have to figure out what that stuff means (maybe fiund out the real address).

Also, the card has been delivered by the United States Postal Service Airmail, so we think they're in America at the moment (unless U.S. Postal Service works in the American bases in Germany):

U. S. POSTAGE
PAID
HEIDELBERG S CT .AE
JAN 09. '07
AMOUNT
$0.84
00023211-23

Can anyone help me out here?

Best answers
Essentially, no. All addresses of American servicemen are classified. If you know what base he/she is stationed in, you can probably get a general address. Otherwise, you'd have to ask him/her for the address.
You could probably just send the letters using the same address.

It is frustrating, I have a friend in the Navy, his address is all Alpha Charlie Foxtrot, 42 S. Drive, etc.
*EDIT* After looking over it again, it looks like the town is Heidelberg... if that's the city in Connecticut, then you have your town/state. 09102 is a valid zip code... http://www.downloadzipcode.com/AE/09102/ but it says American Armed Forces Europe.

Also, is your friend a Commander? From what my navy friend tells me, CMR is used to identify a commander. If it says CMR(4 numbers) and you know your friend is a commander that would be the name you write down. For my friend, I write MM3 Baird to identify his rank, and I use his last name instead of the numbers. Hopefully that helps xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, when I started to read this thread I immediately though about the army base in my city...

U. S. POSTAGE
PAID
HEIDELBERG S CT .AE
JAN 09. '07
AMOUNT
$0.84
00023211-23
I live in Heidelberg, there's an army base there.

Best answers
Ye, it seems that the postcode on the card was the one from Heidelberg afterall.. So we'll be sending a card to that address and hope it gets delivered :)

And Tassadar: no he's not in the army, he's wife is though :) Think she's a captain or something (not sure :s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom