Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;39j5v8jlndM]http://youtu.be/39j5v8jlndM[/video]

Now. I realize alot of people don't like FF14 / FFXIV. Hoever, I loved FFXI / FF11, it was my favorite MMO, and I really liked XIV despite the rough launch. I liked it's world, even it's combat system which was what most people didn't.

It had a real sense of world, with incredible voice acting, and stunning visuals.

I'm really hoping a Realm Reborn can save the game. I just wish I could find my ******* password dongle thing that is supposed to protect my account, but is now keeping me from playing. I contacted Sony and have to actually talk to them over the phone, I called and it was a Mexican whom literally could barely understand what I was saying and it was not a smooth process and ended up not working.

It'll never capture the magic of 11; because 11 forced you to party to progress in the game...new MMO's don't want to do that, because of the casual gamer...so 11's awesome community is gone.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to the relaunch. I haven't tried out 14, and the description is the main cause, but I like what I see on the Realm Reborn change log. I'll more than likely give it a chance once it re-releases.

Mostly because I was born a final fantasy nut and want to believe in squaresoft. 13 aside, they have yet to disappoint me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"A real sense of world"? What game were you playing? Everything was paths, it wasn't sandbox style exploration; and the gameplay was dull and uninteresting. Square should have just let the game die instead of trying to salvage it IMO. Visuals don't make a game, they make a movie.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Say what you want, they're doing what all other companies refuse to ever do. Admit there's a problem and empty their pockets to fix it. That at least earns my attention.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Trailer movie was awesome nonetheless! :) A lot better than the Cataclysm trailer, which this reminded me of. Was that some sort of epic Bahamut?!

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trailer movie was awesome nonetheless! :) A lot better than the Cataclysm trailer, which this reminded me of. Was that some sort of epic Bahamut?!
It was the end of the 7th Umbra Era, in which you, as the player, summoned the 12 avatars of the Gods to stop Bahamut, who was released by the Garleans, from destroying the world. The main quest in XIV 1.0, was to stop this.

You failed. One of the Avatar of the Gods sends you to the future; I don't understand quite how this works so far, being that the world was destroyed and all, but there was 6 Umbra eras before this one, so I guess it happens.

I imagine in 2.0; things will be different since we have characters from the past this time around.

Basically, they took the original plot line, of the MMO, and made us fail it. It's kinda different.

Think of it like Final Fantasy 7, if you will, if you played to the end and didn't stop Meteor and the world got blown up. Kinda the situation here.

It's a very interesting way to explain 2.0, or "A Realm Reborn"

What I like is that everyone who owns Final Fantasy XIV before 2.0, i.e, us with Legacy accounts,

We get cheaper subscriptions, and a unique mount, as well as a unique in-game item and most likely unique title to show we supported the game back when everyone left it for dead.

Not to mention, A Realm Reborn is retailing for 29.99$, they kinda figured they HAD to use a cheaper price, given what happened...though you can still find 1.0 copies for much cheaper, and they will work as well...

Some idiot was spreading around bullshit that you had to re-buy it when he saw the new copies going up for sale. It was so stupid; like yeah, you have to rebuy the game, cause we updated it!"

PS3 release is also coming; THAT is 59.99$ though, due to publisher agreements.(Sony)

I feel bad, the PS3 version is running sub 720p; though it is one of the most beautiful MMO's out there without a doubt...

[video=youtube_share;LJAOSFCDOMY]http://youtu.be/LJAOSFCDOMY[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom