Final Fantasy XI...?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a little bit of an older game but since its on steam for 20 bucks that includes all expansion packs and add-ons (which is the reason i dont get WoW. 60 for all expansions is a little much for me) i'm considering buying it.

but, for the few people who have probably played it on this forum, i have a few questions.

1. worth getting? (im an avid FF fan, so base it on a broad opinion viewpoint)
2. have any advantages over the other MMORPG's such as WoW, or EVE online?
3. hows the story/customization?

4. anything else you can think to add.

appreciate the help, if any at all. (btw, im also considering forking over the $60-70 for WoW)

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i am thinking of getting this game myself but i still stand by the fact the ff7 was and shall always be the best ff ever

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
experience so far:

downloaded the demo to see if it'll work on my computer. not even close to being able to set it up.

downloaded it and installed it but the trial key i got wont work and i cant get another one.

yeah...i'll probably just get world of warcraft at this rate.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, based on all the feedback i've heard on the game, they are about equal the only difference being that WoW is made more for player interaction and FF is more about the game itself.

and the only reason im putting up with this ****, for the moment, is because FF11 is the only one i have yet to play.

****, they need a breath of fire MMORPG.

Best answers
Well, I've played FFXI for nearly 4 years. I quit back in March of 06 so a lot has changed since then. I may be biased toward WoW since I leveled to 10 and was completely bored with it while I played FFXI for as long as I have lol.

Back when I was playing, FFXI was mainly built toward the hardcore but now it is much more casual than before. Getting to maximum level can nearly be obtained just by soloing when before, you needed to party up with 4-5 others around level 13 to reach level 75.

Even though the game was difficult, accomplishing what you have is a very rewarding experience. Not to mention, people learn to communicate and are more interactive in ffxi due to the aspect of having to use teamwork to get you where you are.

Other things I can mention is that the art style is loads better than WoW imo. Currently, the game is way too late in its life cycle to just start up again. I'd advise you to wait for FFXIV which will probably be a better game although i'm a bit skeptical on if it'll be too easy since they're aiming for people to be able to solo if they'd like. But the current information on FFXIV may make it seem kind of innovative.

Anyways before I drag this on too long...

1. Worth getting now? Hmm, not really. Wait for FFXIV. It was worth getting perhaps a couple years ago.

2. Advantages? Subjob System, Crafting System, Actual Challenge (although not so sure anymore), and best story of any mmo i'd say.

3. Last bit of question 2 answers the story. It's really good story and there aren't any cgi cutscenes but they're pretty good for an mmo. The customization isn't that great unfortunately. you get 2 faces per race and gender, with 2 hair colors per face. Not much customization there. In terms of armor though, there are tons of armor in the game now since it's been out for long and has undergone 4 expansions. So you're good in that department.

Not sure what else to say, just ask me any questions you have if you have any. ;)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope. no questions. thanks.

i wanna get XI mostly because its the only FF i havent played yet. i'll of course get XIV when it comes out, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom