Best answers
i think the Materia System was the best system ever

ALL- Master Magic

MP Turbo- Master Summon

Hp Absorb- Master Command

HP and MP and Magic Plus

4x cut

and Final Atk - Pheonix

on all three chars in party you cant lose exception is ruby weapon but eventually you get a lucky break and kick his ass

Materia Rocks the juntion and sphere grid at the same time

Best answers
I think the materia system was the Best, But i like the way the abilities went in FFTA

Best answers
Sphere Grid was **** compared to the Materia system. Junction??? I can't seem to remember that one.

Best answers
materia because it took the most skill to use but you could still use it even if you wern't to some extent. the great thing about it is you could do some ausome combos eg. Finalattack=Phenox

Best answers
Materia = FF7 = Attaching magic spells to your weapons/armor.
Junction = FF8 = Attaching magic spells to different stats/abilities for enhancements.
Sphere Grid = FF10 = Walk around some spheres and activate them.

Materia was the best. Had thousand of strategeic combinations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Junctioning was crap. Basically in FF8:

The only way you got spells was with the "draw" command; whenever you fight a monster, you can use the "draw" command to try and take spells from it. These spells build up; there is no mana or mental points, spells are used like ammunition. They also -suck- compared to all your other attacks, like your summoning and practically endless limit breaking ability. Basically, magic was friggin' useless in FF8.

With junctioning you basically place your "stocked spell" into your different stats like HP, Luck, etc., status effect resistances, like blind and silence, and elemental resistances; the more shots of the spell you have, and the better the spell, the more improvement your stats see. It was lame, because this further discouraged the use of spells, as if you casted tornado you'd probobly lose HP because you had it junctioned there, of if you casted firaga your fire resistance will go down.

Characters also had to junction a GF (summoned guy) to them, in order to even have these stat-modifications. Because some GF's are 100x better than others when it comes to giving out stats and abilities (each GF only unlocks certain modifyable stats...), it's inevitable that certain characters will rock while the other half of your party completely sucks ass without a choice, cause there just ain't enough GF's.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Junctioning was crap. Basically in FF8:

The only way you got spells was with the "draw" command; whenever you fight a monster, you can use the "draw" command to try and take spells from it. These spells build up; there is no mana or mental points, spells are used like ammunition. They also -suck- compared to all your other attacks, like your summoning and practically endless limit breaking ability. Basically, magic was friggin' useless in FF8.

With junctioning you basically place your "stocked spell" into your different stats like HP, Luck, etc., status effect resistances, like blind and silence, and elemental resistances; the more shots of the spell you have, and the better the spell, the more improvement your stats see. It was lame, because this further discouraged the use of spells, as if you casted tornado you'd probobly lose HP because you had it junctioned there, of if you casted firaga your fire resistance will go down.

Characters also had to junction a GF (summoned guy) to them, in order to even have these stat-modifications. Because some GF's are 100x better than others when it comes to giving out stats and abilities (each GF only unlocks certain modifyable stats...), it's inevitable that certain characters will rock while the other half of your party completely sucks ass without a choice, cause there just ain't enough GF's.

not completely true, you could teach any Gf the stat juntions independently so everyone could have the same stat bonuses, (providing they also have the sticked magic) throughout most of the game though you stack all your gfs onto your 3 main characters to get them but towards the end any 1 Gf can give you the stat bonuses of 3 or more, only the commands are what you wont get by spreading them out, and a few other abilities but in my previous game of ff8 all of my characters could amost keep up with squall, in damage and in lasting power, (with the exception of selphie who i never used)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom