Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dunno...

• Other...

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cell games follow by esf city. Lots of space to dodge in cell games, and esf city helps keep alot of fights that might be going on separate, so you don't have to watch as much as you might otherwise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ashlands ftw =D

cell_games_day for the win...er...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
River Side for me. Mountains, water, plenty of space-great place to play.

After that, probably ape_city and ape_ocean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The current rosat deserves to be put down.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
esf_city

It's my favourite map and it's being removed in 1.3, just like my favourite map from 1.1 was removed in 1.2 (cell day / night). Amazing.
Couldn't you just put it back in? If people like it you just add it to your maps folder with all the stuff.

I'm glad this thread is going so well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
Any one played s2k_tournament? That map is imensely cool, full db support and it just fits in with the ESF fighting (Basically not fighting inside my bedroom sorta stuff)
I played it and it rocks, but I like s2k_tournament_duel more. If u fall out of the ring and stay 3 seconds, u die!!! Great map!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2nd Son said:
Couldn't you just put it back in? If people like it you just add it to your maps folder with all the stuff.

I'm glad this thread is going so well.
Of course you can just put it back in, but the map won't be played if its not in there by default. If they also remove the .wad from the folder, theres no way anyone can even download the map from a server.

Best answers
I don't know im apretty much other kinda guy but i like esf city. so my other maps are.
s2ksnakeway
s2ktournament place
esf_city
and some other maps to.

Best answers
I love city, I can loss very badly in that map and still not care :p

The reason why I love it, is because of the dark sky, it's easy to see other players and generally see further around the map because everyone stands out. I mean when you play a generally light map (like most of the maps being made these days) you can't see someone if there coming at you from the sky, which is why my second favoute map is cell games night

Btw, why are the esf team removing esf_city from 1.3? is it something technical and above most of our heads or is it just because they want to remove one of the most popular maps in esf ?(it's currently second in the poll and there removing it.....) again if it's for a good reason then I'll hold my hands up and say "fair enough" but otherwise I want to know what the hell is going on....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err....esf 1.3 is a new version, new version = new maps, didn't you see once on the esf news and in zero's dev journal the new esf_city map? It looks sweet, very neat and all, though I will miss this city map, it was pretty nice.

It sucks alot actually that I don't really see custom maps in servers, it would be nice for a change, don't get me wrong the official maps are excellent, just nice to have a change every now and then.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no reason to remove one of the most popular maps in the game. They're keeping in such maps as rosat and esf_tom which aren't even played on any servers anymore.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
There is no reason to remove one of the most popular maps in the game. They're keeping in such maps as rosat and esf_tom which aren't even played on any servers anymore.
Rosat is being replaced by a new version. Im not too sure about esf_tom though. To be honnest I'd rather it was removed than city... Tom is fun for a bit >_< but its just so limited.

I myself wud miss the old esf_city not being there, not many others though. The reason we're getting rid of some maps is to try to keep the file size as low as possible for bandwidth reasons. However, maybe if there was 2 versions, of the installer (one including retro maps, one with just the new ones) it'd be a good idea?

Fear not though, there will be a plethora of maps for 1.3, all unique with new possibilities for using the enviroment. Who knows, maybe they'll accept my suggestion D:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea of Kidboy being strapped, but we'd need Kidboy sounds then. Painfull screams, moans, cries, all that jazz.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
I like the idea of Kidboy being strapped, but we'd need Kidboy sounds then. Painfull screams, moans, cries, all that jazz.
bad news dude, I already claimed that idea to be my bish xD

Im serious ... I'll actually map it o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:
You think that's hard to get? I have all that from a freaking MSN conversation with the guy =P

As well as some pretty good Mr. Popo impressions. Kami! KAMI!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kidboy can do Mr. Popo impressions? o_O

Offtopic: (seeing as Dave is talking about map suggestions) I wouldn't mind seeing an End of the ESF forums map. Aka a map with some of the forums here. That'd be so totally sweet.

Ontopic: Right now my favorite map is the Z sword by Kong Kong. Holy **** my computer was finally nice to me and let me play it. (Phobius was so kind as to give me a tour of the map) and holy **** it rocks. I love the map. Very very original. what with the old kai doing his thing, then that orb thingy showing goku and buu, then the waterfall. lol the water fall. Swoop with the river and you go 10000 miles an hour. Go against it and you go the other way at 1000 miles an hour it's so fun to play with. Then the underground thing is just ownage. My personal favorite map so far.

For maps that came with the game, cell games night rules.

Best answers
city for me .... it reminds me of how much destrucion can a dbz character can do to a sity making it one with the ground it less than a minute :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom