Favorite RPG

Best answers
The legend of zelda: OoT.... why..cause the game is 5 years old and even now it facinates me when I play the master quest on my cube

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG.. Diablo has 4 vots.. Never Winter Nights has 0... What kind of games do you guys play!!! (Baldur's gate) ? ROFL! That is the worst RPG I have ever played.. Man you guys have bad taste, I can see why Final Fantasy has many votes, the series is spectacular but I voted for Diablo. Diablo II is by far my favorite RPG online game out. and its free.. Can't beat that

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fallout and Fallout 2 were really good games, I like playing games like that where you can just walk around and build up your character, and not be bored to death doing it.
Diablo II is kind of fun like that, but it gets boring pretty quick.
I chose Chrono Trigger because that's my favorite of the ones up there, but my all time favorite is... well... look at my sig! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I personally like Zelda (NES) that game is just l33t (I was like 5 when it came out ;) ). Speaking of that I need to get that system again :cool:, I think I still have that game somewhere...

Best answers
Well, my 2 favorite rpg ever are :
-Earth Bound (like DragonDude ^_^)
-The 4th coming (i dont think a lot of people even have already heard this game name)

Best answers
Xsl>|< said:
OMG.. Diablo has 4 vots.. Never Winter Nights has 0... What kind of games do you guys play!!! (Baldur's gate) ? ROFL! That is the worst RPG I have ever played.. Man you guys have bad taste, I can see why Final Fantasy has many votes, the series is spectacular but I voted for Diablo. Diablo II is by far my favorite RPG online game out. and its free.. Can't beat that
Indeed
But just because everyone dosn't like the same games as you, dosn't mean they have bad taste.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is Zelda an RPG? Isn't that an action adventure game?

I vote for FF6 because of the insane depth of the characters and story, and because it was probably the first (and only so far) game to ever actually make me cry about something. It's like watching a really long kick ass emotional movie.

Best answers
Final Fantasy VII pwns everything hands down. Best story, some of the characters, including best villain =P (everyone loves Sephiroth and his sheathless Masamune, hell he's even got an ESF model, along with Cloud). If you play FFVII, you can't go wrong.

Edit: and to everyone who chose Diablo II, not that I hate it completely, as I used to play it a ton, but I fail to see why a game that has resorting to endless hacking and the "infamous hell cow run nonstop" along with nonstop twinking and remaking your characters over and over for no other reason than to rush them to said hell cow run and lvl them 70 times in 4 hours so they can wear their hacked, "l337" equipment that you bought with 700 SoJs (none of which are real SoJs mind you) and later go "duel" (or in the barbarian's case, "Whirl till you hurl" your opponent) so you can kill the stupid people who may or may not have the EXACT SAME equipment as you which would have also been bought by 700 SoJs or whatever. After killing them, you insist and saying they suxx0r and that they are n00blar and you are "gosu", especially when half the people don't even know what gosu means and only say it because they are 11 year olds and think its cool to copy what people say.

I mean come on, the game is pretty fun for awhile, but do you really need to kill thousands of cows an hour (or in most people's case, they just leech exp off the other players in the game because they are lvl 5 trying to lvl in a lvl 75+ environment) just so you can wear your new "Cruel Ith Zodded 160/60 collosus blade that r0xx0rz j00r b0xx0rz n00blarz!". I can kinda understand if you like the game, but it just kinda makes me wonder why it is your FAVORITE, But that's just me and no1 cares about my opinion.

*Goddamn that was a LONGASS edit*

Best answers
Diablo is NOT an RPG. Diablo 1 perhaps, but Diablo 2 is not. Diablo is a gauntlet mimic.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People so easily jump to FF7 because they love playstation but not enough people played FF6. You guys need to play FF6 damnit! It may be an SNES game but it's a masterpiece. Once you've played through FF6 at least once I think you just might change your vote! Now I'm not insulting or trashing FF7, I thought it was one of the best games with one of the best stories I've played in a long time, but I would just have to say that FF6 creeps out on top, and it's genuinly worth trying out.

Best answers
Lilum, according to me, Diablo 1/2 is an RPG, if you dont like it, dont post in my thread. :p
And yes dawg I agree with you on Diablo II but I'd rather not get into another argument with people about it in this thread.
*EDIT* Sonic have played/beaten FF6, loved it, but I just think FF7 dominates it in storyline and charectors, IMO of course.

Best answers
Final Fantasy... basically 10 and 7 becuz Sephiroth and Auron are my favorite video game characters of all time... :]

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
People so easily jump to FF7 because they love playstation but not enough people played FF6. You guys need to play FF6 damnit!
I played it for awhile. I never got very far, but I do like the game, I guess I never got far enough for it to really pull me in. (I think farthest I got was when Terra went all Esper god and flew off from a canyon or something. I'll pick it up again sometime and finish it just for you Sonic. ;)

And I dont want to argue about Diablo or it's sequel either, I just thought I should voice my opinion at that point. It's just my opinion, and while it may differ from others, I think many believe feel the same way.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF6 is my all time favorite, had the most interesting character development of them all.

Best answers
I dont see the Dragon Warrior series on the list..

DW4 for me.

Best answers
yea it makes me wonder how dragon warrior series didnt make it over the barely released KOTOR...... and shouldnt Chrono Trigger become Chrono series as there are both Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Chrono Break?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chrono trigger, i failed my first semester of multimedia because i downloaded the snes emulator and played it when the teacher wasn't looking.

if a game effect your learning process i would think to consider it your favorite.

Best answers
ahh, i see how that could be a very powerful experience. Then again, i somehow ended up in the comp lab for class 1 day and UT had just recently been uploaded to the schoolwide network, can u say class LAN party? Stupid sub+comp project=win

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom