Favorite Capcom Games/Character

Best answers
Haha, i love Dan! I have the Street Fighter II anime on my Anniversary Collection, and i didn't really like it that much. But Dan's appearance in Alpha is all the convincing i need to buy the dvd! Btw, Gallon rocks! :D

Best answers
My favorite Capcom games... Marvel vs Capcom 2, Megaman X4, Megaman X5, Megaman Anniversary Collection, and some more I forgot about. In Marvel vs Capcom 2 I use Ryu, Cable, Ironman, Strider Hiryu, Hayato, Jin, and Akuma(in random combonations). There's probably more I use but right now I just don't feel like goin to the playstation just to check. Sometimes I get bored and use a tripple team of either all Ironman or all Ryu cuz that's kinda cheap with a tripple Shinkuu Hadouken or a tripple Laser cannon thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien said:
Thats whats so funny about him :laff:
He is pretty comical, but he does actually have a pretty cool background. I beleive he was training under the same master ans Ryu and Ken. He wanted to learn the Hadou style, but Sagat killed his father, and he wanted revenge. So gouken ( i beleive that was their masters name), kicked him out in fear that he would be consumed by the dark hadou. I guess he kicked him out in the middle of hadouken practice :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh, Shingo is funnier and better than Dan >_>

Tien said:
Haha, i love Dan! I have the Street Fighter II anime on my Anniversary Collection, and i didn't really like it that much.
Well if it was your first time seeing that movie then watching it on the Anniversary Collection was probably not the best way to watch it at first...

Cause for 1 - Its on VHS quality, and 2 - Its got the really lame english voices that somehow sound really lame in the beginning of the movie but then end up being somewhat better around the middle/end when you've grown costumed with it. And also some parts were censored.

Best answers
Ya you're right G-Gear, I heard the uncensored version is a lot better.

I just bought the Street Fighter comic book volume 1 from Blockbuster, 10 bucks for like 7 issues. It's really good and it makes a good attempt to stay with the canon storyline. And the illustrations are breath-taking!

I'll try to scan some of the comic book tommorow. And Dan's in one of the issues :D! It's a hilarious scene concerning Sakura.

KyoKusanagi

K
Yeah the SFII animated movie is watered down in a few areas and the voice acting is second rate but put it this way, at least you're not stuck with Yu-Gi-Oh voice acting (** the horror)

And just for Hwo: why i hate MVC2:

1. Where the heck is the medium punch and medium kick button? i know they still have those attacks but i'd prefer a button set to them rather than press a direction and a button and only have them come out in combos.

2. the game is essentially one big race to fill your super meter which is not what street fighter is about. Its about skill, tactics, combos and timing, not just random whaling on the buttons. Not to mention the game is hiddeously broken and there are many glitches players can take advantage of. The game is almost as broken as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and MK Trilogy.

3. i was able to sail through the game on the hardest setting with quite possibly the cheapest characters in the game: Cyclops, Ironman\Warmachine and Cable.

4. Morrigan looks awful thanks to the recycling of animation frames from the darkstalker series.

5. Next to Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike and Alpha 3, the game is an absolute farce and almost unworthy of the Street Fighter name. Its almost as bad as the Street Fighter Movie Game (the game of the movie of the game :p)

p.s i happen to really like the earlier installments of the crossover series but they lost me on MVC2.

Best answers
Ya, MvC2 definetly lacked the strategy.. and the mindless projectiles flying across the screen was idiotic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually my reasons for hating MvC2 are similar to that of Kyo's... I hate it cause:

1.) No Strategy... Its like Capcom attempted a mindless Guilty Gear game with the characters of Street Fighter and Marvel. Atleast there is strategy in GGXX.

2.) People set the game to the fastest speed and start mashing the buttons cause they can hardly see their characters when first player is on the ground the second player is in fricken outer space.

3.) People only choose Cable, Sentinel and Storm (Which if you know if all three of them are in your team then you pretty much have the best team in the game). Ironman was the whore but now hese no more.

4.) No one likes to pick their favorite characters they just pick the strongest ones in the game, and since everyone that is supposed to be slow is fast (like Zangief and Dhalsim) there is no balance between speed and power.

The only thing I do like about the game is the character selections, but even a newb can manage to pull out 999 hit combos.

My favorite characters in MvC2 are: Gambit, Rogue, and Son Son

Which are pretty deadly but low on defense meaning I can hardly put up a fight unless I use my serious team (a Sentinel and two Serv Bots).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom