fatalties

Best answers
hello everyone, i'm new to the forums, though i played the game a bit back in 1.1 and have been playing 1.2.1 for a few weeks. I playing the other day and i did a combo on somebody, and they died in the middle, so i thought to myself "wow that was a little anti climactic", so i was thinking, maybe if people die during a combo each character could have a cool finisher, like when cell just kind of put his hand up to piccolo blasted throuhg him(maybe cell could grab enemy and and explosion happens behind them or something), or trunks could do a big slash with his sword and they die kienzan style, goku can fire a beam that they are stuck on until it hits something and blows up. those are just a few ideas i came up with, so what does everyone think?

Best answers
i like this idea. i put in a bunch of directions and they die before the first combo finishes... i support this idea, but the types of the fatalities up to the dev's discretion?

and i got an idea for vegeta, when the other guy dies, Vegeta automatically knocks them to the ground and chrages his rez- multi ki blasts.. except it'll just be for show, and won't use any ki.

Best answers
i like it. however that may prove difficult because the server would have to anticipate how much damage the combo would do, and then theres the actual blocking....dont mind me, im just babbling.

Best answers
i don't think it would be to tough, i'm not a great programmer but i think it could be done pretty simply, if they die during the combo it has to stop the combo, so instead of stopping the combo they just have to do play animation fatality.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shogi said:
i like it. however that may prove difficult because the server would have to anticipate how much damage the combo would do, and then theres the actual blocking....dont mind me, im just babbling.
I think he means in the special combos with their own animations, which would be easy for the server to predict damage for and is impossible to block in the middle of. I think the idea is find, and I've pushed for something like it in the past.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it. Animations are always good

Best answers
i love your idea ...5/5!
but only if u mean special combos..

cuz if its any kind of combo it will get common and boring

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think that he means a combo, i think that he means an replacement for when someone dies in advance melee.
it is cool looking when your foo blast away when your foo dies in the middle of the fight

Best answers
i dont think that he means a combo
what i mean is that the "fatalties " would be activated AFTER a special combo
that is going to kill the foo...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, fatalities sounds like a good idea, it's no fun when your opponent just dies in a combo. And you should get a reward for killing someone with a combo as well. Of course the animation would make you invulnerable until it was over.. Or it would be pointless to have a fatality..

Best answers
Where there ever Fatalities in DBZ? I just think you played a little to much Mortal Combat Deception lately.

Don't be stupid.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EricW said:
Where there ever Fatalities in DBZ? I just think you played a little to much Mortal Combat Deception lately.

Don't be stupid.
Whose being "stupid"? Its just a suggestion, and a descent one at that. No, there werent too many fatalities in DBZ, but then again ESF isnt exactly like the anime. Never will be. So adding things that arent 100% true to the anime wont hurt anybody...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it its a very good idea

usually id have tons of criticism but for once i cant find anything wrong at all with this...

Best answers
well lets see fatalities in dbz. Frieza finishing dende with a finger laser peircing his body. Vegita slapping android 19 into the ground and firing a big bang at him as he stumbled to his feet. vegita decapitating guldo. vegita tossing nappa into the air and incinerating him. trunks slicing frieza into bite sized bits then annhialating the gobbets of meat left over. those are ones i though of off the top of my head, not having seen dbz in 3-4 years, i'm sure theres plenty more, and for characters who have none it shouldn't be too tough to make up.

And yes i did mean when your doing the special button combination combo's, its kinda lame to be beating the hell out of them and then in like mid punch they just fall to the ground. i don't mean mortal combat style fatalaties so when someone dies they get all woozy and you can go do something to them. Glad everyone likes my idea, any thing to make the game more fun is a good thing and i'm glad everyone shares my point of view on this one :).

Best answers
what about goku? he always let the bad guys live.. except for movies and GT stuff... but the only things i can think of are a KHH animation.. or a Spirit Bomb animation... but both take time..
the only think i can think of is the dragon fist... but that's GT.. any ideas for Goku? simple Hammer/Pound to the ground?

Best answers
oooohhh another great one is when frieza kills krillin, shoiots the little energy thing into him, levitates him up and blows him to smitherines. hmmm as for goku, maybe he can hit 'em and teleport behind then instant transmission + kamehameha?

Best answers
how about for for gohan he goes ssj2 and punches through there stomach like he did to bojack

Best answers
tolore said:
oooohhh another great one is when frieza kills krillin, shoiots the little energy thing into him, levitates him up and blows him to smitherines. hmmm as for goku, maybe he can hit 'em and teleport behind then instant transmission + kamehameha?
that's actually a good one... When goku did that to cell.. i thought it was so awesome... but i think it's going to be too time consuming.. usually a guy wants to respawn as quick as possible..

Best answers
and then they can add all kinds of crazy **** like ANIMALITIES and BABALITIES and BANANALITIES!!

Best answers
If some of you are familiar with older DBZ games, such as that one on Sega Genesis, each character had their own "meteo" attack which was a flashy eye candy move which dealt reasonable damage (You also see "Meteos" in DBGT: Final Bout for PlayStation). Perhaps something flashy like that (without the super damage) could be added when your opponent dies during an advanced melee special combo. I believe it should be during a specal combo as opposed to just a standard combo because, although specal combos aren't that hard to do, it adds a condition to the fatality making it a more special thing to preform. Sure, it may also encourage speical combo "spamming", but if you're the kind of fighter that saves special combos for special times, the moderate use of fatalities could prove to be quite fun.

Just incase I didn't make it clear before, I think the fatality should be done if the opponent is about to die from a special combo. It wouldn't be right if a fatality, "meteo", whatever you want to call it is pulled out before the opponent is dead, because it takes away the finishing aspect of it as tolore suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom