FanFic: Fight Club 2012

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey All!

As mentioned before in another topic somewhere else a couple days ago. I'm interested in writing a fan-fic based on the fight club, as named in the topic. So far, I've only written the prologue, (see next post) it's about a page and a half and is more of a teaser/self test to see if I can still write...

I'll be honest and admit that I haven't really thought much of what I'm going to do with the story past the prologue, but as the title suggests, I plan to tie it in somehow with the end of the Mayan calendar end of the world conspiracy thing (which I don't personally believe in, just thought it would be cool.)

Anyway, I'll probably involve most if not all of the fighters that are listed in the current bio thread, and it'll probably be heavily faction-based, so if you're not involved in one of the factions I'll probably assign you to one as I see fit (don't worry if you don't want / aren't interested in factions, it's just for the purposes of the story).

I'm also writing this in my spare time so I can't guarantee how often I'll be able to update, depends I guess on feedback and how much of the story I plan out in my head, hopefully I'll at least be able to finish it. At this stage I'm planning to write it solo, but if it grows beyond the amount I can do on my own, I might be interested in getting help from somebody here.

As always, comments, criticisms, hate mail and suggestions are always welcome hopefully most of it's good :p

And without further ado; the prologue.

---------- Double Post below was added at - 05:18 PM has been merged with this post created - 05:15 PM at ----------

Prologue: Felling of the Fallen

Magus sat down on the grand leather chair with a thump as he reached in his pocket for his pack of cigarettes.

"Want one?"

He asked as he put his feet up on the large wooden desk, his heavy boots shaking clumps of dirt onto the fine oak. He looked across the other side of the room at the Demon Rocky who had begun to shrink down to his human form, he was breathing hard with fresh blood still dripping from his fists. Magus took a deep drag from his cigarette and blew out a thick plume of smoke, the ash falling onto the blood red carpet below.

"You okay?"

Magus asked, not really expecting an answer as he eyed his partner up and down, Magus’ eyes narrowed as he watched Rocky begin to shake almost uncontrollably.

"Don't start freaking out on me; I don't need an unstable beast. Keep it together."

"I'm fine. It's just...I never..."

Rocky trailed off as he looked down at his bloody palms. A wicked smile began to form on his lips, as he began to chuckle.

"We did it...He's dead. He's really dead!"

Rocky leaned his body back and gazed up at the large cavernous cieling. Although he'd been here many times, he'd never truly appreciated how grand this chamber was. This room, this...place, was full of horrible memories, but at last, Rocky felt a new air about, a change had come, a change that he had created and one for the better, at least he thought. He looked over at Magus who was still enjoying his cigarette, perched comfortably at the desk. The Vampire began to relax, his comrade had finally begun to regain his senses. He flicked his cigarette across the room and immediately reached for another. Today was a day worth celebrating he thought as he lit this new cigarette resting in-between his lips.

"Sure you don't want one? Might help settle you a bit."

Magus asked, holding the packet out, a filter already poking out from the top of the pack. Rocky walked slowly over, ignoring the number of corpses littering the floor, demons and the like. All of them weak, all of them dead by his hand. He reached over and pulled the cigarette from the packet, Magus quickly produced a light and held it up for Rocky, once lit the Demon took in a deep drag, coughing slightly, not used to inhaling cigarette smoke.

Magus grinned, mostly to himself. It amazed him sometimes how innocent Rocky seemed, despite it all. The Vampire sat up quickly as he began to rummage through the drawers of the desk. His eyes lit up as he found what he was looking for, an unopened bottle of Hennessy Privilegé V.S.O.P.

“Say what you will about his personality, but his taste in liquor was definitely above average.”

Magus mused as he quickly unscrewed the cap and held the bottle to his lips, taking in a large mouthful of the brown liquid. Letting out a heavy sigh as he felt the drink burn its way down his throat, he handed the bottle to Rocky and motioned to drink. Rocky took the bottle questioningly as he copied the motions of Magus, pressing the bottle to his lips and taking in a large mouthful. The liquid burned as it went down his throat, but it was good. Rocky grinned as small traces of the drink dribbled down the side of his mouth. He took another drag of his cigarette as he sat down in the chair opposite Magus, slamming the bottle onto the table as he did and sliding it over to Magus.

"So, what now my friend?"

Magus asked as he took another swig of the drink, wiping his mouth with his sleeve and sliding the bottle back.

"What now…?”

Rocky said, his voice trailing off as he fixated his gaze toward the mound of corpses piled up at the end of the room.

“I think what now is we unleash hell!"

Rocky let out a deep laugh, joined shortly after by Magus, as the two creatures leaned back in their chairs.

Amidst the fallen, lay Lucifer, the lord of the underworld, or at least the former lord of the underworld, his body strewn about the literal sea of corpses that had littered the floor. The great fallen angel lay in a pool of his own blood, fist holes punctured right through his body the only marks on his otherwise immaculate suit, his horrible, mutilated face was twisted and disfigured from the obvious beating he received; his mouth was contorted into a vengeful shriek. The stench emanating from his body was still as potent as ever and his sizzling, burning body still venting small amounts of steam from the cuffs and collar of his shirt.

All hell rejoiced in the death of their evil taskmaster, and all hell cowered in fear at the two who managed to kill him.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you have yet to do so. Kel gave me quite a few tips when starting so might aswell use waht ever fraction he was in back in the day for your story round my char ;)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When someone starts their fan fic, destroying one-third of the Earth's spiritual cycle... I believe this story to be worth reading. I wonder what happens to all the evil son-of-a-*****es who go to Hell only to find no one controlling it? As far as my character... I request that you would base him off the end of the Royal Rumble, where he has no faction and is basically half-possessed by fallen clan members (who twist his mind and/or improve his powers) and half-controlled by the military-esque branch of government out to destroy uncontrolled phenomena, (vampires, demons, demigods, etc.) who also basically struggle to control him. I should probably just update my character bio...

Also, I believe Magus is now going by Eon.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm curious to where this is going, it'll probably surprise me regardless ^^. Fingers crossed for a cameo!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Grega - noted, will factor that in

@Synth - also noted, will catch up on the rumble, but reading your summary has given me a couple of interesting ideas of where to take your character

@Dokutayuu - not quite sure who you are but will see what happens!

-edit

Also Eon's character is still called Magus (according to his bio anyway) so I went with that.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds interesting. Good luck and take your time with it.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well if you have yet to do so. Kel gave me quite a few tips when starting so might aswell use waht ever fraction he was in back in the day for your story round my char ;)
Well as far as a "Forumscant" storyline goes my Faction was disbanded but I did kinda take you under my wing so I can happily live with that. Perhaps you could have run into me at some point in time along the way, kinda like what that guy did with Diablo in the D2 game storyline. Sounds reasonable enough.

I, like Synth, would like it if you ran off my current bio. Something like Grega forced me to stop wandering and take a direction or something maybe? Up to you Mr. Narrator sir. :yes:

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...alrightey then.

I feel the story shifting in my head as we speak, it's probably going to take on a different angle than I originally planned for, but that's fine.

Long weekend coming up in AussieLand this week, so I'll definitely sit down and write up the first chapter at least, ideally a bit more but we'll see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've finished chapter 1, just need to find time to go over it. Been hit crazy at work. Promise it'll be up soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I've been slacking, I'll post it tonight or tomorrow. Promise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't make me stab you, Rocky. WHERE IS THE FANFIC?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm at work now, but fine fine. I'll (begrudgingly) post chapter 1 tonight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm bad, I'm sorry. However, I did mail it to myself here at work. So, here is chapter 1. It probably needs to be polished a bit, (I've been afraid of looking at it since I wrote it, but I'm just gonna post it.

Chapter 1: This ain't Omaha

“Now listen up, you bunch o’ worthless, no-good son’s o’ *****es. Make no mistake. The chance any o’ you boys are gonna come back alive from the mission, is slim to none. And even if you do come back, you will never be the same. The enemy we’re up against ain’t no daisy pickin’ gooks or self-righteous Nazis. You’re going up against the spawn o’ hell. And that ain’t no goddamn mother****in’ metaphor. Those rifles you carry don’t mean **** when you’re up against creatures ten times your size lookin’ for a fight. And you will be fightin’ ‘em and you’ll be fightin’ against hell itself and those mean lookin’ spawns o’ Satan don’t give a flying **** who you are, or where you came from.”

But let’s get one thing straight here. This mission, your lives will not be wasted in vain. The sacrifices we’re gonna make this day, are being made not for one man, or one country. It’s for the sanctity of our whole goddamn way o’ life, for our planet. We’re goin’ deep into the former continent of South America, and we’re gonna take it back, for humanity!”

A loud cheer erupted from the squad of United Defenders of Earth soldiers. The force of human soldiers that had been formed as the only defence against the onslaught of demons that had taken over and infected most of South America three years ago. One soldier, Corporal James Condie stood silent amidst the cheers and lewd shouting as his mind played over the situation in his head. Over and over he thought of the news telecasts, how so much had happen in so little time, and how this was the time to strike back, to destroy the citadel and reclaim earth from the demons. His thoughts were interrupted as Colonel Fisher continued his speech.

“Now now, settle down boys.” Colonel Fisher said as he waited for the cheers to die down.

“The intel we have on this is that there is a small patch o’ land just south o’ the citadel that is relatively unguarded. We will be landing at this location where we will begin setup of a home base of operations with which to plan our attack. From there we will make our way north where there is a small sewerage connection that will lead deep inside the citadel. A small platoon of ten well trained soldiers will make for this weak point and attempt to sabotage the citadels defences. Allowing for the primary battalion to breach the walls and exterminate every single last one o’ those god-forsaken freaks o’ nature.”

“My last piece o’ advice for you boys before we set off this mornin’ – keep your cool, because the moment you lose sight o’ our objective, the moment you let the smallest amount of fear creep into your mind. Not only will you die, but you will be unrecognisable by your friends and family. Those creatures will tear you up and feast on your severed limbs. We’re not taking prisoners. We’re just leaving corpses. We ship out at 0400, make your last minute preparations and then man your stations.”

Condie watched as the Colonel stepped off from the podium and off to his barracks, in his hand he clenched the special order enlisting him to the special team. He had already filled his pack with everything he thought he’d need, rifle, sidearm, knife, med-kit, half a dozen spare clips and several more loose rounds, flashlight, rations and a picture of his four-month old daughter Lisa. Condie meticulously went over the list of items as he slowly walked to the transport and boarded the airship. He figured he should meet up with the other nine from the special team, but his body ached and his head spun. He hadn’t slept for days and as soon as he reached his bunk, he collapsed and fell asleep.
“Condie! CONDIE! What the **** are you doing man, the whole camp is up in flames!”

Condie suddenly snapped back to reality. How much time had passed? It felt like years but it was closer to seconds. They had barely unloaded the airship when the attack came, scores of hellish creatures, demons, devils, ghouls. They lurched forth in the hundreds, no, thousands he thought. The airship was the first to go; great winged creatures descended upon it and literally tore the armour plating from its hull. Once they got into the engine room…it was all over. The great metallic monstrosity went up in an enormous explosion, but it was only the first wave. Thousands more erupted from the ground as the very land beneath the camp ripped apart, giant pillars of molten rock spewed forth from the ground, all but incinerating any poor fools who were unlucky enough to be hit. Colonel Fisher sat in the temp office, watching the chaotic destruction from out his window. He shook his head as he watched his men die, most being torn apart viciously.

The Colonel’s eyes darted toward the pistol sitting on his desk, watching him, tempting him. He slowly brushed his hand across the gun and lifted it off the table. Slowly he raised the gun to his temple, his hand shaking as his finger brushed the trigger. He closed his eyes and quickly pulled the trigger.

The special team had been off a little ways away making acquaintances when the attack came. Five members of the squad had gone to investigate and lend aid, but none had returned. The five remaining sat quietly in the brush, the air was hot, but it wasn’t hot from the sun, rather the sun wasn’t even visible despite the time of day. A thick red cloud hung like a curtain over the sky, casting an eerie red glow over the surroundings, even the plants seemed unnatural thick, prickly spikes, weeds and thistles, with the occasional large impressive thorny vine. It was hard to breathe, and all five soldiers heaved as quietly as possible amidst their hiding place.

“They’re not coming back” Private Stephen Anderson exclaimed.

“Shut it Anderson” Sergeant Leeroy Patterson, the now acting commander of the platoon responded.

“But they’ve been gone nearly an hour…” The private continued. “Considering what we’re up against, I think it’s fair to say they’re all de-“

“Have you no respect.” Corporal Richard Dawkins interrupted, his thick pommy accent cutting into the ears of the five men. “If it was you out there, would you be happy if we came to the conclusion you were dead?”

“I may not agree with all of Stephen’s comments,” The fourth member Private William Strathorn interjected. “but they have been gone a long while, and considering how we haven’t heard so much as a peep coming from the base camp. I think it’s pretty obvious they’re not coming back.”

“What do you think Condie?” Patterson said, looking at the only silent member of his platoon.

“As much as I hate to think it, if they were still alive, we’d have heard back from them.”

Patterson stroked his stubbly chin with one of his grizzled hands as if in deep thought.

“What do we do now Sarge?” Anderson chimed in/

“Well, it seems obvious by now that the intel we received was an obvious setup. We should assume at this point that the entire battalion at base camp has been all but annihilated. Further to that, the airship, our only means of transportation off this goddamn rock was destroyed. So I’m afraid boys that it’s only a matter of time before we get caught or killed. That said, right now I’m looking at the four finest soldiers the UDE has to offer, and although we were supposed to be a group of ten, and although we were supposed to open the way forth for the rest of our boys, I ain’t just gonna sit around here and wait for some scum-sucking demon spawn to come and take my life. We gotta mission, and as long as there’s blood pumping through my veins, I’m gonna keep going and kill as many of these bastards as I can, and maybe we can even inflict some kind of damage on the citadel.”
A brief silence followed after the Sergeant’s speech.

“Well what are we waitin’ for?” Dawkins said as he stood up, reaching for his rifle. “Let’s get to it.”

“DOWN DOWN DOWN!! Condie! Get the **** down!”

“What the hell is that man?” Condie said, his voice obviously quivering.

“I dunno, but they ****ing melted Dawkins and Strathorn, they melted them man!” Anderson blurted out.

“Just calm down both of you, we should be well covered he-“

Patterson was interrupted as he felt a sharp pain in his chest, the Sergeant looked down in horror as a large lump began to visibly expand on his chest.

“What the fu-“

SPLAT

A hole blew right through the Sergeant as small insect like creatures burst out, quickly beginning to cover his already dead body. Anderson’s eyes opened wide as his mouth dropped. Screaming the private immediately jumped to his feet and ran out the hut at full speed, only to be met by a huge hulking demon who swatted him with one of its enormous scythe-like hands, leaving nought but the poor Privates boots behind, feet still inside. Condie swore, he was officially alone with nothing but an ammo-less rifle and a pistol with one clip. He quickly jumped to his feet and headed for the back of the hut.

“Gotta hide, gotta hide! ****, ****, ****, ****! Gotta ****ing hide! I don’t wanna die, I don’t wanna die, **** ****!”

Condie ran through a back room, the old wooden floorboards creaked and moaned as he sped through. The sound of snapping wood was audible as the whole floor cracked and splintered around him, he fell only a short distance before he collapsed on something soft, blankets he thought as darkness came over him.

“I don’t…wanna…die…”

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad Rocky, keep it going. Feel free to use Cuc however you like, most of his history and powers are up now, and if you need clarification on any of them, PM me.

This reminds me that I need to get AIM installed again so I can finish a certain something with a certain someone.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cuc this is half a year old you know ^^;

But yea i would also love to see it continued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom