Fair Teams Suggestion

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Check the Title, a simple command that would keep the team's balanced. Hence "fair teams". This has been suggested before since i've searched for it, but that was 3 years ago.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed. A cvar would be nice for this; wouldn't want to make it mandatory though, for those situations where its one super player against a 3 weaker ones >_>;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea, so the game automatically looks at frgs oor something and then change you to the less experienced or handicapped team? well if so, then I love this idea!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sounds good. It would be pretty nice and since it wouldnt be manditory it wouldnt be a problem for the guys who dont want it.

10/10

Force Pit Member
Best answers
hmm, when you say fair teams, do you mean, by numbers? (4 evil, 4 good) Then I like that. It does it for cs too if the server has too many players on one side. After a round it will randomly switch a player to the other team if the teams happened to be stacked (usually the one who just came into the server recently). I think it is mp_autoteambalance 1.

If you mean by kills, that then sounds like a bad idea. I cant think of any other games (besides some random cs amx plugin) that changes you automatically to a different team.

nge

Best answers
donnierisk said:
Good idea, so the game automatically looks at frgs oor something and then change you to the less experienced or handicapped team? well if so, then I love this idea!
He's talking about even in terms of number, not skill. Skill balancers NEVER work.

Not a bad idea for a svar at all. I don't think it should be automatically enforced, but it should be an option. Very little more annoying than when people keep switching teams to play with a certain player simply because "They're better than me."

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This does sound like a pretty good idea, although I agree if it should be enabled and disabled since sometimes it's pretty fun to do 3 vs 1 or so.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:yes::yes:

I realy like that option. But it should be disabled if the real teams svar is enabled. Since youd die evrytime you swich.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I realy like that option. But it should be disabled if the real teams svar is enabled. Since youd die evrytime you swich.
Grega, you are wrong about that. You don't die when you switch team, you only die when you choose a different character.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Grega, you are wrong about that. You don't die when you switch team, you only die when you choose a different character.
I said if the real teams option is enabled. And that causes you to swich character evry time you swich teams.

It kills you.
Forces you to choose another character.
You loose PL.

So if that option is on the balance teams svar should be off ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey you're right, that would totally suck, this is a good suggestion, but the people should just think before they make their decisions, otherwise it could stuff the gameplay totally up!

off-topic: Why can't I make a quick reply? my box is dark grey, as in I can't post in there.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
if there was a team balance option added, the server shouldn't "kill" you, and then force you to change teams.

If the teams are unbalanced, a player at random, when they die, is switched to the other team automatically. You shouldn't have to choose your character again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom