Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

• Needs some tweaking.

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, Im tired of getting hit by these HUGE ASS BEAMS, and then acting like nothing happend. I suggest this, if a beam hits you...

20% - 40%

You get pushed back 10 - 30 feet, you dont lose any charging or anything.

50% - 70%

You get pushed back 50 - 30 meters, some attacks that require alot of concentration, IE The kame, Final Flash, Big Spirit Bomb, etc.

80% - 95%

You fly back liek you were it with melee, but much stronger struggle effect, You will lose control of your attacks, like being meleed.

100%

Please think about this, you'd already be dead ;P

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I like it, it is better than just the beam hitting you and you do not move at all

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would be nice if you got pushed back, it looks kind of funny when you get smashed by a HUGE beam, and don't even move.

Best answers
I assume you mean if you block during the blast. I think it would be cool if someone detonated a beam in your face and you were holding block, it would initiate kind of a block struggle, only you would be taking damage during the entire struggle, and when you finally over power it, you get thrown back. If you lose, then the blast does full damage on top of whatever damage you took during the struggle. That would add a bit of depth and excitement to beaming and blocking beams, also might be a good defense against surprise beam spammers.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or not. Do you realize how incredibly annoying it would be to get sent across the map into walls every time a spammer detonated a beam on the other end of the map? And people do spam, you can check some of the pubs to find that one out yourself. This would only encourage them. Besides, they could charge up another beam by the time you got up and flew back towards them. Not a good idea.

I am lead to understand that this was attempted by the team Pre-Beta 1.0 and they found it to be just as craptastic as I would imagine it to be.

Best answers
ass --> they mean a beam, not the explosion by the beam!!
and i like the idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No actually I ment the person thats closest to where the beam blew up.

Best answers
Lol, look who is an ass now!

Yeah, its a cool idea, but it could be annoying if you get constantly spammed by beams, at least if the beam doesn't kill you you can still function with melee and what you were doing before, and also what happens if they hit you while you are charging, then you lose the beam, that will kinda suck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be cool if it wasn't at all severe...like just a general sort of being moved back slightly. It DOES need SOME sort of reaction.

Perhaps if specific moves had this feature attached to them?

Maybe it would be better if this were applied to blocking. I think that when getting NAILED while blocking, there needs to be some sort or reaction...plus moving the player back a foot or two would end the complaints about speedy counters.

hehe.

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Or not. Do you realize how incredibly annoying it would be to get sent across the map into walls every time a spammer detonated a beam on the other end of the map? And people do spam, you can check some of the pubs to find that one out yourself. This would only encourage them. Besides, they could charge up another beam by the time you got up and flew back towards them. Not a good idea.

I am lead to understand that this was attempted by the team Pre-Beta 1.0 and they found it to be just as craptastic as I would imagine it to be.
People spam? Noooo, cant be.....:rolleyes:

I don't think you undertand. With my idea, the only time you would get pushed is if you blocked facing an exploding beam. It would initiate a struggle, and you would take SOME damage for the duration of the struggle. It should be easy to win, but if you lose you take the full damage of the blast, on top of whatever damage you suffered during the struggle. It's a good idea, especially since you have the option of taking the blast and not being thrown, or blocking and saving health but you have to stop whatever it was you were doing.

If you are worried about people spamming this I don't understand why. As it is, people spam beams and do early detonates all the time, I don't see how adding this feature would make it any worse. In fact, it would add a defense against it. It would add a nice bit of depth too; say you are charging a kame and someone across the map is charging a gallit. He releases early, you now have the option of:

1) Fire back and initiate Power Struggle

2) Take the beam on the kisser, and then fire a fully charged kame back at him

3) Fire and early detonate, then block and initiate a block struggle with the beam or a block struggle with the blast if he early dets.

The only down side I see to this is people will probably start to block spam more, but this is balanced by the fact that it does damage during the struggle. To further discourage this, maybe add a signifigant ki loss during the struggle. This IS a good idea, and with proper balancing could be a great addition to the game.

Best answers
k imo it will be more fun if you get pushed away if a beam hits you full on
and i still find him an ass
and yeah i suck and sorry i didnt get the idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Find who an ass? I liek my idea becuase its realistic.

Best answers
i find sonic an ass (my humble opinion) and i think they fighters should have that much power that they wont experience any push from an explosion,..... just from a direct beam hit (maybe after blockstruggle they fly away??)
my idea though

Best answers
reading this post has hurt my head....ok i understand the concept, but WTF IS kebabking saying??? what with "finding an ass"?????? hey-zeus....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive said it before thoes who call people asses are in turn wanting their ass kicked

so yeah can we all not act like damn 2 year olds and call each other names :\

and do u realize how *** that would be to be tossed around by beams as well as melee... no way in hellz0r would this happen :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom